December 8th, 2008

Rove vows to 'name names'

Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.
Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.

(CNN) – Enemies of President Bush take heed: Karl Rove is set to name names.

The man widely credited with Bush's two presidential victories says his new book will include an accounting of those in Washington who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief.

"I've got behind-the-scenes episodes that are going to show how unreceiving they were of this man as president of the United States," Rove told Cox News in an interview published Sunday. "I'm going to name names and show examples."

Rove signed a deal with publishing giant Simon & Schuster last year, reported be worth over $1.5 million.

In the wide-ranging interview, Rove also suggested the criticisms the president and his aides took were partly because they were not part of the Washington establishment.

"You'll notice there was outrage when it was thought that I was the person behind outing Valerie Plame. And then when it came out that it was the sainted [Deputy Secretary of State] Richard Armitage, there was no interest," Rove said. "I don't remember seeing anybody camped out on his doorstep like they were camped out on mine. [It's]because he was part of the acceptable culture of Washington, and I was not. I was one of those Texans who came up. He was one of those perpetual I'll-scratch-your-back-if-you'll-scratch-mine Washington leakers. "

Filed under: Karl Rove
soundoff (1,676 Responses)
  1. Sgt Trdy

apple head should head for his chicken farm after he leaves the " fox hole"...imbecile

December 8, 2008 04:22 pm at 4:22 pm |
  2. John

According to the polls (approval rating) , Karls the only name NOT on the list...yeh, real expose' Karl...a cliff hanger.

December 8, 2008 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  3. Barry Stock

Will he be unable to collect royalties from prison? I sure hope so.

December 8, 2008 04:23 pm at 4:23 pm |
  4. MD

It's about time. Both Rove and Bush should have done this years ago. Sometimes you can be too civil and it hurts the country. They didn't play hardball enough and let the left create enough lies until they became the accepted truth to those who don't have critical thinking skills. The lefts first lie....Bush stole the election. The lefts last lie......Bush, not the Democrats created the subprime mess.

December 8, 2008 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  5. Linda in Maryland

Oh, please, please name names, Karl. I want to send a bouquet of flowers to each and every one who opposed you and Bush's insanity. You don't seem to realize what Bush's current approval rating is...or isn't. By the way, Karl, you don't seem to scare anyone–people without power can't really intimidate too well, you know.

December 8, 2008 04:24 pm at 4:24 pm |
  6. HikerCO

Oh, wah, wah, wah...poor Carl Rove. Actually, the only thing that could bury Bush's reputation any deeper is for his bitter, frustrated sidekick to name everyone who had no respect whatsoever for W. Please add my name.

December 8, 2008 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  7. Don

KR is just another "Speed Bump" on the road to improving the fortunes of this country. If he had stayed in Texas we wouldn't be in half as deep a hole as we are.

December 8, 2008 04:26 pm at 4:26 pm |
  8. John

When Rove names names, my christmas card list will get bigger.

December 8, 2008 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  9. arc, Lugano CH

Bambi December 8th, 2008 3:25 pm ET
    All I see in these comments is the babbling of left-wing fools, blinded by hatred, seeing no reason.
    Pathetic
    ~~~~~~~~
    Go and google 'McCain/Palin' supporter. Watch a few videos of your brethren at their best. There you will see who is blinded by hatred. Then you will understand why the world looks down on the United States of America. It is because of people like you.

GWB is a war criminal; as is most of his administration.

December 8, 2008 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  10. Mike

Karl's going to name people who didn't think Bush was a legitimate president? That's probably gonna take a while...

December 8, 2008 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  11. Lynne - Seattle

What a big baby! The reason people didn't accept him wasn't because he came up from Texas...it's because he is a mean hearted jerk! (IMHO).

Take your toys and go home Karl...we don't actually care that you don't want to play with the other kids in DC anymore!

And by the by, you better add my name to the list of people that didn't support Bush as President.

December 8, 2008 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  12. Jim

Who cares, Karl? You're just making excuses for an administration that
    made mistakes all by itself with resulting long-term damage to the country that the rest of us now have to deal with. If you can't take the heat, get out of Washington.

December 8, 2008 04:27 pm at 4:27 pm |
  13. R.S.Lindsay

So he's going to list the names of people who didn't accept GWB as a legitimate president. The book will have an appendix 1200 pages long.

I never accepted GWB as a legitimate president. I have the feeling that GWB was not accepted in Washington not because he wasn't an insider, but because he stole two elections to get there.

Nevertheless, I will probably buy a copy of Karl Rove's book. I will keep it in the bathroom with my copies of Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly, for when I run out of toilet paper.

December 8, 2008 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  14. Aaron

I look forward to reading the names of the people who had the intelligence to reject this Disaster In Chief. It should be a badge of honor to be on that list.
    Rove, you and your puppet are disgraces of historic proportions, and your legacys are putting greed and lust for power above honor and patriotism.
    Your names will live in infamy when the full measure of your crimes against this nation are revealed.

December 8, 2008 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  15. Get over it

I hope that he details how the Clinton administration were such sore loosers that they TRASHED the White House to the tune of over $38,000 before they left.

I also wonder if the Clintons ever gave back all of those "giofts to the country" that they STOLE.

December 8, 2008 04:28 pm at 4:28 pm |
  16. Georgia

I think the ending of Brave Heart would be an appropriate ending to both Karl Rove's and Bush's legacy.....mangled and bleeding, just like the thousands of soldiers in Iraq dying because of their greed.

December 8, 2008 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  17. shucks

Rove = Everything America hates about Republicans

December 8, 2008 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  18. Larry DuBois

"of those in Washington who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief."

Hey Karl....by all means, use my name! I don't accept "W" as a legitimate commander-in-chief".

December 8, 2008 04:29 pm at 4:29 pm |
  19. Sharon

To Stop Whining:

We've had plenty to whine about. Karl Rove, GW Bush and the rest of this incompetent administration have completely screwed up this country. They are dispicable, power-mad liars and most of us will be glad to see them leave. Here's one more question for you: Why isn't Rove in jail? He failed to respond to a Congressional subpoena. If it were you, me or "Joe Six Pack," we'd be in leg irons right now!

December 8, 2008 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  20. Judy

Who cares, Karl Rove is a sneaky little weasel who couldn't tell the truth is his life depended on it. Why should we buy his book to be fed some more of his lies. Do the world a favor Karl, and retire quietly.

December 8, 2008 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  21. Ernie d'Anjou

Karl,

I'm looking forward to the list of names. It will be my pleasure to send a campaign contribution to those who are politicians, and a letter of appreciation to those who are not!

December 8, 2008 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  22. Bob

Maybe they didnt accept him as the commander in cheif because he never deserved or earned it. he was only president because of his daddy. He should be held criminally accountable for ruining our country and denying the problems exist

December 8, 2008 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  23. Brian

Mr. Irrelevant is gonna name names? Gee, there were people who never accepted THE WORST PRESIDENT IN OUR COUNTRY'S HISTORY? Just shows there are smart people still left in DC.

December 8, 2008 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  24. David

Along with the entire cabal of sociopaths that are Bush and friends, Rove seems to actually think that no responsibility falls to them, it's unbealivible.

December 8, 2008 04:34 pm at 4:34 pm |
  25. justin

do i really care about who didn't give bush a chance? does anyone? This sounds like elementary school whining. "you didn't like me, you didn't give us a chance b/c we're from Texas, I'm Telling." Karl Rove has that little to write about in his book that he has to make up controversy? Maybe if he just talked about what actually happened during the Bush administration, then he'd have a REAL story. Until then, S & S needs to find a better way to promote this book.

December 8, 2008 04:34 pm at 4:34 pm |