December 8th, 2008

Rove vows to 'name names'

Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.
Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.

(CNN) – Enemies of President Bush take heed: Karl Rove is set to name names.

The man widely credited with Bush's two presidential victories says his new book will include an accounting of those in Washington who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief.

"I've got behind-the-scenes episodes that are going to show how unreceiving they were of this man as president of the United States," Rove told Cox News in an interview published Sunday. "I'm going to name names and show examples."

Rove signed a deal with publishing giant Simon & Schuster last year, reported be worth over $1.5 million.

In the wide-ranging interview, Rove also suggested the criticisms the president and his aides took were partly because they were not part of the Washington establishment.

"You'll notice there was outrage when it was thought that I was the person behind outing Valerie Plame. And then when it came out that it was the sainted [Deputy Secretary of State] Richard Armitage, there was no interest," Rove said. "I don't remember seeing anybody camped out on his doorstep like they were camped out on mine. [It's]because he was part of the acceptable culture of Washington, and I was not. I was one of those Texans who came up. He was one of those perpetual I'll-scratch-your-back-if-you'll-scratch-mine Washington leakers. "

Filed under: Karl Rove
soundoff (1,676 Responses)
  1. Becky

Is my name on the list? Because Bush was NEVER a legitimate president in my eyes.

December 8, 2008 04:34 pm at 4:34 pm |
  2. Mark in Chicago

'Karl loves Cox, News.
    Great comment Sam! lmao

December 8, 2008 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |
  3. monica californa

I don't watch fox news and certainly won't buy this book. If I want to be lied to on a daily basis, I will re-marry my ex-husband. At least he will help me pay my mortgage.

December 8, 2008 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |
  4. kathy lattanzi

whatever karl, say whatever you need to sell your book. hmm george bush not a political insider. his father was president, his brother govenor of fla....interesting.

December 8, 2008 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |
  5. Retta Crawford St.Louis

Cool ...... I personally put forth my name and with great knowledge myself Karl..

December 8, 2008 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  6. JN

It's going to be a long book if he plans on "including an accounting of those in Washington who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief."

December 8, 2008 04:36 pm at 4:36 pm |
  7. DON OLIVER

WHY IS HE NAMING NAMES NOW? WHAT IS HE TRYING TO HIDE?
    WHAT A CRY BABY! FOR ALL THE THINGS HE DID, WHT DOES HE FILL HE NEEDS ACCEPTANCE OR FORGIVNESS!!

December 8, 2008 04:37 pm at 4:37 pm |
  8. brad

I hope I am on that list ... a good portion of American public as well as
    "those in Washington who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief." So this list will be measured in terabytes

December 8, 2008 04:37 pm at 4:37 pm |
  9. Marge

too bad Karl... I don't feel sorry for you or your boss... I cann't believe some one would pay to read your book.. You and Bush have been a open book..

December 8, 2008 04:37 pm at 4:37 pm |
  10. Parah Salin

Only Limbaugh "Ditto-heads" and othere from the "lunatic" political fringe are going to believe your B.S.

December 8, 2008 04:37 pm at 4:37 pm |
  11. don

water board rove,bush,cheney,and rummy and then lock them up for life,and whoever made the comment re: make the book out of toilet paper real soft ,is right on the money,although you could pay me all the money in the world and I would not read it! Man what a mess they made for a real PRESIDENT OBAMA to clean up.

December 8, 2008 04:37 pm at 4:37 pm |
  12. Bobbie Bender

Thank God for the world and the United States that this panderer to the lowest side of human nature, fear and intolerance, will be thrown into the trash bin of history with the entire Bush Administration where they all belong. Everything the Bush Administration touched was a dismal failure except getting elected which they did through the politics of fear. We have had it with fear, Karl. The politics of hope and the true American value of reaching for our higher instincts have taken over from the White House of despair and hopelessness. Nothing, not even your cry baby memoirs, can rescue the Bush Administration from the condemnation it deserves. And the claim that Bush prevented another terrorist attack on the US? Give me a break! Why spend the money on air travel when you can kill Americans in your backyard. Iraq was never a haven for terrorists until we went there. That is a truth we now have to live with.

December 8, 2008 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  13. J Dee

Where is Karl going to get enough paper to write down the names of 90% of the worlds population?

December 8, 2008 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  14. Bryan

Hmm...people in Washington who wouldn't accept Bush as a legitimate commander-in-chief. I wish he wasn't legitimate! I wish he were a bad dream; a bad Aaron Spelling show...maybe a bad acid trip we all went on, something! That way, we could say the worst President America has ever seen was just in our imaginations!

December 8, 2008 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  15. Retta Crawford St.Louis

Don't buy it in this economy he's a Reason for all this...Send your tax dollars for jobs and healthcare..Better yet shame we can't ban it in America...

December 8, 2008 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  16. steve

Tell that to Billl Clinton

December 8, 2008 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  17. Adam

Joe Band: Your comment could have only been stupider if you had attached a picture of yourself drooling.

December 8, 2008 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  18. mjn

Why has no one yet done the "Humpty Dumpty" game with this man.
    I sure thought that Keith Olbermann would have thought of this a long time ago. Humpty Dumpty and all the Kings Men – Bush = King
    Rummy + Cheney = Kings Men, Rove = Humpty Dumpty (come on – tell me he doesn't look like Humpty!) They are all falling down! And history will show how hard they fell! Ah, the end, what a great story!
    Worst People In the World! Doesn't matter how much $ they make they still fell down......hard!

December 8, 2008 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  19. paul (staunch Moderate)

Well, hopefully this man will blabber so much he'll out himself in the msichief he was involved with. He'a as guilty a party to the mess this country is in as the rest of the Bush administration.

December 8, 2008 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  20. Obama4me

OH PUHLEEZ! Spare me the theatrics, Karl Rove. The GOP stole the election with that sham of a decision in Florida and now you want to cry that George W. Bush wasn't accepted by the Washington elite. As SNL would put it....OH REALLY?!! And this surprises you because...??
    Now that he has run the country into the ground, not unlike what he did to his previous businesses...and the country cleans house in the 2008 election, you want to write a book to complain on how you were received and name names?! Can you say "hissy fit", boys and girls.
    Karl Rove needs to sit down somewhere and pray that no one chooses to write a book about him.

December 8, 2008 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  21. Greg in Colorado

WOW, I bet the list of enemies includes the 80 percent of Americans that hate him anyway. Too bad and who cares. How did he get any where in life with being that ugly in person and in spirit. Go Away!!!

December 8, 2008 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  22. The National Nightmare is Over!

Baby Huey can spend the rest of his life naming names...

Let's start with election night and the MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of people world-wide not only celebrating the election of Barak Obama, but the ouster of this corupt administration and Republikan party.

December 8, 2008 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  23. pearl

What a huge book Rove must be writing........He's going to 'name names'! WOW! I'll be looking for mine............ or is he only going to pick and chose who's names get in the book under the topic of Bush's legitimacy in his first APPOINTED term ? Come on Karl, we need some more heros let us know who they are!

December 8, 2008 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  24. Mary in Ky

Now he writes a book to tell us all how he played his nasty games and twisted words for his own gain and power, not to mentioned what the American people have been left with. Do yourself and everyone else a favor. DON'T BUY THE BOOK. Save the money to help pay your bills.

December 8, 2008 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  25. Natas

Karl,
    You are an American hero. I love that time you ignored a congressional subpoena and refused to testify... You are above the law! And the time you decided that the best way to keep Bush elected was to create a war with Iraq. Death and destruction is a such small price to pay for an election win. You are an evil genius and I love you.
    Hail Satan