December 8th, 2008

Rove vows to 'name names'

Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.
Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.

(CNN) – Enemies of President Bush take heed: Karl Rove is set to name names.

The man widely credited with Bush's two presidential victories says his new book will include an accounting of those in Washington who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief.

"I've got behind-the-scenes episodes that are going to show how unreceiving they were of this man as president of the United States," Rove told Cox News in an interview published Sunday. "I'm going to name names and show examples."

Rove signed a deal with publishing giant Simon & Schuster last year, reported be worth over $1.5 million.

In the wide-ranging interview, Rove also suggested the criticisms the president and his aides took were partly because they were not part of the Washington establishment.

"You'll notice there was outrage when it was thought that I was the person behind outing Valerie Plame. And then when it came out that it was the sainted [Deputy Secretary of State] Richard Armitage, there was no interest," Rove said. "I don't remember seeing anybody camped out on his doorstep like they were camped out on mine. [It's]because he was part of the acceptable culture of Washington, and I was not. I was one of those Texans who came up. He was one of those perpetual I'll-scratch-your-back-if-you'll-scratch-mine Washington leakers. "

Filed under: Karl Rove
soundoff (1,676 Responses)
  1. DW

I'm scared, ain't you boys scared?

December 8, 2008 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  2. Ethan

I'll bet he would have named names if he had been one of those called in front of Senator McCarthy and the HUAC.

December 8, 2008 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  3. cyberteach

Let the revisionist history-making begin-to no audience for his book!

If he's on a news show, I turn it off. I'm still furious with Newsweek for giving this nitwit a platform and hope he will soon disappear permanently. Take the advance and run, Karl, because no matter what you write, most of the copies will end up as hardback remainders, reminders of the arrogance of you and this whole sorry administration we've had to put up with for eight years.

December 8, 2008 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  4. John Barry

I will be standing in line to buy this book as I want to be the first to write checks supporting the candidacy's of folks who had enough common sense not to fall lock-step into the mindless Bush brown shirts. Remember, Bush, Cheney and Rove (along with all of their appointed disciples) painted anyone who did not match their philisophical teachings as un-American and less than patriotic. Rememebr Max McLeland from Georgia (a triple amputee from Vietnam) who was painted as some kind of un-Patriotic Communist sympathizer while they (Bush etc.) were a bunch of draft dodging scumbags who NEVER served their country without receiving some huge financial benefit for themselves or their friends. Rove must be intoxicated on his own demented self-worth to think a vast majority or American's would think ill of anyone who questioned the biggest fraud to have held the position of Commander-in-Chief in the history of the U.S.A.

December 8, 2008 04:42 pm at 4:42 pm |
  5. markskar

Good, now we'll know who in Washington understood the truth of the matter–that George W. Bush did not legitimately win the presidency. It was handed to him by the Supreme Court. I can't wait to support whichever names he names.

Karl Rove is a traitor to this country for putting the corrupt greed of the Repuglican party above THE CONSTITUTION, as well as the needs of the American people (except the ultra-rich, of course).

December 8, 2008 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  6. Cheri NW Arkansas

Karl you can add me to your list of those "who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief."!!! Bush has always been a big joke!!

December 8, 2008 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  7. Shepp in MA.

GREAT!!! Name names..like everyone of the crooks,liars and idiots in this administration.
    Like G.W...Karl Rove..Deadly Dick...oh the list would be long.
    Who cares who thought G.W.stole the election? Uh didn't he? Commander in Chief?? In name only.Except for the fact that he sent thousands of our brothers and sisters into harms way, let one of our oldest and most vital port cities drown and DIE,, same for an entire region...wow great

Thanks for the shape you left the American people and reputation in Dubya.

Karl shouldn't you be in jail somewhere?

December 8, 2008 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  8. Dr Steve

Karl, please add my name to those you will be naming. Do you think there will be competition among law makers to get their names into Karl's book?

December 8, 2008 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  9. Publicus

Let my name be among them...I never accepted Bush as my President, either

December 8, 2008 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  10. Marc

Oh no! Karl Rove is going to name those who never accepted Bush as a serious president. LOL !!! It's going to have to be a 1,500 page book!

December 8, 2008 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  11. Naomi

So, I take it Rove will be naming the majority of United States citizens. Most people never accepted or respected Bush as a legitimite leader of this country. He remained, in my opinion, the President-select.

December 8, 2008 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  12. Jim

This weasel's gonna write a tell-all? On who? Do pray tell!

December 8, 2008 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  13. Waltie in Ma.

What does it matter, we all know everyone elected to a job in the "Cesspool" is corrupt. If there not before they get there, the lobyists will make them so.

Now, we will hear that Mr. Rove is not. Give us a break.

December 8, 2008 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  14. gloria

Hey BAMBI, love the name, by the way...but just take a look at the consensus here. I think you are way outnumbered. It doens't take a left-wing ideology to figure out Bush, Cheney and Rove are idiots who just about ruined this country. Republicans finally see that truth as well.

December 8, 2008 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  15. Gail

Ohhhhhh....I'm sooooooo scared!

December 8, 2008 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  16. sandee in Portland

@Joe.....how long has your brain been on vacation.....for maybe at least 4 years? You must be one of the 14% that approve of the job
    our current President has done.

December 8, 2008 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  17. Robert Yarush

Oh my God..... Enemies?? Who at this stage of the game could possibly care about enemies of George Bush?? Its really amazed me that more of Bush's staff hasnt resigned by now. Not sure what Karl Rove is going to do in the afterlife.... but it wont be of much use whatever it is...

December 8, 2008 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  18. Guy

There's a special place in hell for Rove and his fellow chicken hawks, Dubya, Rummie, Dick (aptly named), Feith and the rest. Brave with other people's blood.

December 8, 2008 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  19. Vermont Thoughts

Boy Rove....you been in too many meetings with Bush and Cheney. There's alot I could think about saying here but you've heard them all already so why bother.

December 8, 2008 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  20. Anonymous

Nothing Karl Rove has to say interests me...he was the driving force behind the most incompetent president of the 20th/21st century. He championed the war with Iraq and helped sell America a bill of goods...I do have a question for him though..and all the other slime bags that have penned memoirs...is any of the $ you are making on this poison pen book going to help the injured soldiers and widows and their children?? After all....this is a war YOU believe in..so let's put our $ where our big fat mouths are.

December 8, 2008 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  21. Pat in NM

Karl Rove is going to name those who never accepted him or Bush? By the last accounting, done by the election, that is at least 53% of the population of the US. and even higher if you look at the current administration's favorability ratings. Since Karl is limiting the names to those in Washington, I guess that still means we have a book of nothing but names!

December 8, 2008 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  22. Norm

"how unreceiving they were of this man as president of the United States". Well, that should amount to 3/4 of the White House which equates to about the 75% unappoval rating of the US population.

I want Rove's names so I can send them a "Thank You".

December 8, 2008 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  23. JFK

2manyLibs December 8th, 2008 4:01 pm ET

"As much as you want to blame Rove, Bush and anyone else, pull your head out and look at Dodd he is the one that got us in to this mess."

Are you kidding me? People that supported Bush and Company are purely in denial over many things still. So I guess that the Administrations inaction, mishandling, and outright neglect of our country will go down in history. While many things contributed to our current economy, its clear that no single person can be blamed on for our current affairs. But make no mistake, the buck still stops at the top.

December 8, 2008 04:51 pm at 4:51 pm |
  24. another citizen

I totally agree with CA DEMOCRAT's comment

This is rediculous
    this guy is a criminal
    period
    Newsweek Hires him, Fox Hires him, now he wrotes a "tell all name name" book about who did not "Accept" Bush, Rove and others in Washingtoin, and
    Blames the scrutiny on him as part of this "Clique"

This is not High School Karl
    and
    you should be in jail- or at least on trial

But go ahead and shed more tiny finger-pointing tears, forgetting the LIVES you destroyed and the Constitution Bush and his team destroyed!

Impeach Bill Clinton, but give guys like ROVE more and more Money to tell their lies
    Thanks American Media!
    and
    Thanks Americans who Support this kind of activity!

December 8, 2008 04:51 pm at 4:51 pm |
  25. jakarason

Those people who are going to buy that book are idiot and stupid like Karl Rove.

December 8, 2008 04:52 pm at 4:52 pm |