December 8th, 2008

Rove vows to 'name names'

Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.
Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.

(CNN) – Enemies of President Bush take heed: Karl Rove is set to name names.

The man widely credited with Bush's two presidential victories says his new book will include an accounting of those in Washington who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief.

"I've got behind-the-scenes episodes that are going to show how unreceiving they were of this man as president of the United States," Rove told Cox News in an interview published Sunday. "I'm going to name names and show examples."

Rove signed a deal with publishing giant Simon & Schuster last year, reported be worth over $1.5 million.

In the wide-ranging interview, Rove also suggested the criticisms the president and his aides took were partly because they were not part of the Washington establishment.

"You'll notice there was outrage when it was thought that I was the person behind outing Valerie Plame. And then when it came out that it was the sainted [Deputy Secretary of State] Richard Armitage, there was no interest," Rove said. "I don't remember seeing anybody camped out on his doorstep like they were camped out on mine. [It's]because he was part of the acceptable culture of Washington, and I was not. I was one of those Texans who came up. He was one of those perpetual I'll-scratch-your-back-if-you'll-scratch-mine Washington leakers. "

Filed under: Karl Rove
soundoff (1,676 Responses)
  1. alvino

Jim in Forida,

You referred to the Chicago Tribune as a liberal rag. That is not the case, it seldom backs democrats for president. At any rate, if it was liberal, it would be selling out every edition and would not be in financial trouble.

December 8, 2008 05:06 pm at 5:06 pm |
  2. jackbox

President Bush approval rating is 20% and I guess the others are Enemies of President Bush, right Karl?

December 8, 2008 05:07 pm at 5:07 pm |
  3. jim

I'd like to hear Karl talk about Jeffrey Gannon. I'd also like to know why Bush calls Rove "Turd Blossom".

December 8, 2008 05:07 pm at 5:07 pm |
  4. To be named by Rove

"his new book will include an accounting of those in Washington who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief."

Those people he named should be called heroes. Along with anyone who tries to do a citizen arrest when Rove does his book signing tour.

December 8, 2008 05:07 pm at 5:07 pm |
  5. Bob Barker

Add my name to the list please

December 8, 2008 05:07 pm at 5:07 pm |
  6. mike

1.5 mil? I wouldn't read hisdribble if you gave me the $$$.
    I would be happy to use it in the bathroom though

December 8, 2008 05:07 pm at 5:07 pm |
  7. JJ12345

Bill December 8th, 2008 1:50 pm ET

"Bush was NEVER my President!"
    -------------------------------
    But I am sure you are critical of those that say Obama is not theirs.

December 8, 2008 05:07 pm at 5:07 pm |
  8. Gina, Baltimore, Maryland

I do hope Joe Band was kidding when he said George will go down as one of our greatest Presidents. If not, what a MORON!! And as far as Rove goes, he's a slimey piece.

December 8, 2008 05:07 pm at 5:07 pm |
  9. heidi

Ah, no, it is he lies every chance he gets and no one would believe him if he said the sky was "blue."

December 8, 2008 05:08 pm at 5:08 pm |
  10. Patrick

I can't wait for this book! It'll be a hilarious read. At least Rove is embracing the American spirit of "Make as much money as humanly possible.". Yay, capitalism!

December 8, 2008 05:08 pm at 5:08 pm |
  11. Mike G

That's great that he'll name names of people who did not accept Bush. Now I'll know who to vote for and support.

December 8, 2008 05:08 pm at 5:08 pm |
  12. Mark Leonard

Mr. Rove,

Name your names and then go away.

Sincerely,

The People

December 8, 2008 05:10 pm at 5:10 pm |
  13. Oregonian4Obama

Stupid Conservatives. You must be an idiot to think that Bush will be recognized as a great president. Shows how out-of-touch the rethuglican party really is

December 8, 2008 05:11 pm at 5:11 pm |
  14. Susan D

The man is oblivious to reality. Please go away Karl. Go visit Sarah in Alaska..........PLEEEEASE

December 8, 2008 05:11 pm at 5:11 pm |
  15. Phil

Plz tell name, be a true American and tell what these criminals did to the American people, the War Crimes, the torture all done in the American peoples name!

December 8, 2008 05:12 pm at 5:12 pm |
  16. Hector

Impeach Clinton...opps I mean Obama, well I guess they are sorta the same

December 8, 2008 05:13 pm at 5:13 pm |
  17. Betsy Lawrence

PLEASE add my name ASAP! I was too young to be on Nixon's enemies list.

December 8, 2008 05:13 pm at 5:13 pm |
  18. Ed Word

I want my name to be on page one.

December 8, 2008 05:15 pm at 5:15 pm |
  19. chris

Give him a cigarette, a blindfold, and let the squad do their duty to deal with this Traitor who put politics above security in naming a CIA agent to Matt Cooper of Time, and other reporters. Karl Rove is a traitor and needs to be prosecuted like one.

December 8, 2008 05:15 pm at 5:15 pm |
  20. Fixed News

Newsflash: Rove is pissed that his boy W's legacy....aka, his.... is ruined. Guess what Rove.....it is. Go home. Get a real job. No one whats to listen to your stupid thoughts.

December 8, 2008 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |
  21. Tim

great now we can throw a parade for these decent intelligent people. Why would you buy this criminals book he should be given a prison sentance not a publishing deal.
    GW Bush is the worst president in the US history followed only closely by his dad.

December 8, 2008 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |
  22. Meh

Oh nooooooooooo! Not name naming!

He says that like it's a bad thing!

You can add me, too, baby.

December 8, 2008 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |
  23. G.R.I.T.S. - Girl Raised in the South

Rove said: "I was one of those Texans who came up."

He was born in Denver, CO and raised in Sparks, NV! He ain't no Texan!

December 8, 2008 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |
  24. Kendall Hewitt

I thought we got rid of all the Nazi's in WWII. Guess not. And he still won't go away.

December 8, 2008 05:19 pm at 5:19 pm |
  25. Susan D

Who's whining now? As usual, a Republican administration leaves us with a big mess; and Karl and his cohorts will try to place the blame for the consequences of their policies on the dissenters and the new President. And now, the Republicans are angry? I don't believe that those who voted to re-elect Bush to a second term have any reason or right to be angry at anyone except for themselves and the GOP.

December 8, 2008 05:19 pm at 5:19 pm |