December 8th, 2008

Rove vows to 'name names'

Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.
Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.

(CNN) – Enemies of President Bush take heed: Karl Rove is set to name names.

"I've got behind-the-scenes episodes that are going to show how unreceiving they were of this man as president of the United States," Rove told Cox News in an interview published Sunday. "I'm going to name names and show examples."

Rove signed a deal with publishing giant Simon & Schuster last year, reported be worth over $1.5 million.

In the wide-ranging interview, Rove also suggested the criticisms the president and his aides took were partly because they were not part of the Washington establishment.

"You'll notice there was outrage when it was thought that I was the person behind outing Valerie Plame. And then when it came out that it was the sainted [Deputy Secretary of State] Richard Armitage, there was no interest," Rove said. "I don't remember seeing anybody camped out on his doorstep like they were camped out on mine. [It's]because he was part of the acceptable culture of Washington, and I was not. I was one of those Texans who came up. He was one of those perpetual I'll-scratch-your-back-if-you'll-scratch-mine Washington leakers. "

Filed under: Karl Rove
soundoff (1,676 Responses)
  1. Bill Harris

If Karl wants more names of people who did not consider Bush legitimate, have him call me. I can probably give him at least a thousand.

December 8, 2008 11:57 am at 11:57 am |
  2. Chas in Iowa

I think Rove has miscontrued the logic behind the non-acceptance of Bush and the wish to implicate Rove himself in the dirt.

The US public does not like being lied to, decieved, treated like imbiciles.
    The Rove/Bush machine has done more to harm the US than any act or administration in the nations history.

Anybody on Roves list of unaccepting pundits will be thought of as possible GOP candidates in the future. Those that went along with the mascarade are toast.

Rove, Bush, Cheney and Rumsfield should all be facing charges of treason here in the US. Then turned over the the world courts in the Hague to be face war crimes charges there.

December 8, 2008 11:58 am at 11:58 am |
  3. gerry

Must be a really thick book since it will include at least 1 billion names of people who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief.

Rove belongs in jail.

December 8, 2008 11:58 am at 11:58 am |
  4. Enemies

Even Obama has enemies, no one is perfect, or super or god-like. He cannot even quit smoking, as in the twenty-first century even a kid understands the harmful effect of nicotine. He is out of touch with the data information age of the twenty-first century. He said he tried to quit smoking, but fell off the wagon from time to time, so he will be off the track all together in many issues in the future. Hillary Clinton is right to ban smoking in the White House, as a model for the future generations. It is imperfect and sinful human nature. It is American destiny.

December 8, 2008 11:58 am at 11:58 am |
  5. FreeNLovIt

It took 20 light years to get rid of Rums

December 8, 2008 11:58 am at 11:58 am |
  6. Sean in MA

Karl, just go away.

To the rest of us, don't buy the book. It's supporting this type of book that fuels the very politics the books criticize and make a big deal about.

December 8, 2008 11:58 am at 11:58 am |
  7. Calvin

" . . . his new book will include an accounting of those in Washington who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief . . ."

Note to Karl: Please be sure to include my name on your list.

December 8, 2008 11:58 am at 11:58 am |
  8. Mike Mc

Karl- Those "people" you speak of happen to be about 51% of the nation (and a number much higher than that in 2008). Gonna call us all out for it? Good luck with your placement in U.S. history, Mr. Rove.

December 8, 2008 11:58 am at 11:58 am |
  9. JFK

Somehow it doesnt change opinions by most people that your still a slimeball.

December 8, 2008 11:58 am at 11:58 am |
  10. Jaye

Naming names, huh? This will be the biggest book ever! LOL
    Anyway, does anybody really care what Carl Rove thinks or says?

December 8, 2008 11:58 am at 11:58 am |
  11. tommy tutone

Wow. He's going to name names of those who were unreceiving of the president? Well, it must be a pretty thick book! And, if it named regular Americans of the same mind-set, then it would be a multi-volume tome.

This president is a hack. Rove is a hack. They're all hacks. Can't wait until January 20 when the american public kicks their collective, proverbial butt out of office. Good riddance!

December 8, 2008 11:58 am at 11:58 am |
  12. Greg in MN

Can you add my name to that list? Because I never thought Bush was ever a legitimate president either!!!!!

He's sitting back and doing nothing while the economy burns...but he says he "feel bad" for people who lose jobs and homes and futures. Gee...that's helpful! I don't care if you feel my pain. I also don't believe that you even care.

Bush ran this country into the ground just like everything else he's be in charge of.

Thanks for nothing!!

December 8, 2008 11:59 am at 11:59 am |
  13. Calvin

Oh, wait. Just those in Washington? I see; otherwise it would be a national telephone book.

December 8, 2008 11:59 am at 11:59 am |
  14. Scott NYC Independent

If any of the names you name of those that had no respect for the faux President Bush then I want to know all the Senators and Representative on that list from New York – that one act of defiance is enough to get my next vote.

December 8, 2008 11:59 am at 11:59 am |
  15. Max

"The man widely credited with Bush's two presidential victories says his new book will include an accounting of those in Washington who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief."

Why not just buy a Washington DC phonebook if you're looking for those names?

It's not their fault for not taking Bush seriously, Rove. It's his fault (and indirectly, yours) for being inept. The only book I'd read from Rove is a how-to book on escaping justifiable jail time. Seems like it might come in handy if we get any more overzealous "leaders" like Bush in the big chair.

December 8, 2008 11:59 am at 11:59 am |
  16. dave

I'm shaking in my boots.

December 8, 2008 11:59 am at 11:59 am |
  17. Dee

1) Who is "Cox" News?
    2) I can't WAIT to see all the haters who swooned over Scott McClellan's book start to spew vitriole toward this one.

December 8, 2008 11:59 am at 11:59 am |
  18. Nick

Go for it Karl. With Bush's 28% approval rating I'm sure outing people who opposed him for the beginning will really help the GOP get back on track!!

December 8, 2008 11:59 am at 11:59 am |
  19. Ron

Can I get on the list? I would consider it an honor.

December 8, 2008 11:59 am at 11:59 am |
  20. Andrew

Oh my gosh – I'm sure Washington is shaking in their boots – Karl Rove, Bush's crook is going to name names. One question: WHO CARES?

December 8, 2008 11:59 am at 11:59 am |
  21. Walter

When Rove names those names, those people will become my new heros

December 8, 2008 11:59 am at 11:59 am |
  22. Bushed

Karl Rogue is such an idiot. The Emperor is naked; this is the worst president in history and should not have ruled Timbuktu tell alone the United States of America. Some fools voted for this twice. Thank god the chicken has come home to each of them with their life saving disappearing. The neo-conservatives and Rove types deserve one of only one thing – public lynching, since this is not done in our country it should be done via the pen and media.

December 8, 2008 12:00 pm at 12:00 pm |
  23. Lilarose in Bandon, Oregon

Sorry, Karl

I got pepper-sprayed by police for NO REASON when Bush was in my Oregon town.

He was definitely unwanted by the locals.

Bush was not qualified to be a president, and you Mr. Rove insisted on shoving him down our collective throats.

December 8, 2008 12:00 pm at 12:00 pm |
  24. SoCalBrotha

Karl Rove just needs to go away and never be heard from again, kinda like Sarah Palin.

December 8, 2008 12:00 pm at 12:00 pm |
  25. Texas Doc

In the words of your president..Bring Em On...and quit whining. Face it dude no one is afraid of you or your paper president. I would be proud to be on your list Turd Blossom.

December 8, 2008 12:00 pm at 12:00 pm |