December 8th, 2008

Rove vows to 'name names'

Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.
Rove says he will name his enemies in a new book.

(CNN) – Enemies of President Bush take heed: Karl Rove is set to name names.

The man widely credited with Bush's two presidential victories says his new book will include an accounting of those in Washington who never accepted the president as a legitimate commander-in-chief.

"I've got behind-the-scenes episodes that are going to show how unreceiving they were of this man as president of the United States," Rove told Cox News in an interview published Sunday. "I'm going to name names and show examples."

Rove signed a deal with publishing giant Simon & Schuster last year, reported be worth over $1.5 million.

In the wide-ranging interview, Rove also suggested the criticisms the president and his aides took were partly because they were not part of the Washington establishment.

"You'll notice there was outrage when it was thought that I was the person behind outing Valerie Plame. And then when it came out that it was the sainted [Deputy Secretary of State] Richard Armitage, there was no interest," Rove said. "I don't remember seeing anybody camped out on his doorstep like they were camped out on mine. [It's]because he was part of the acceptable culture of Washington, and I was not. I was one of those Texans who came up. He was one of those perpetual I'll-scratch-your-back-if-you'll-scratch-mine Washington leakers. "

Filed under: Karl Rove
soundoff (1,676 Responses)
  1. Diana

Good for Rove ....let them have it....lots of people cant stand (don't want to use the word hate} Polosi ......hope shes in there too

December 8, 2008 12:00 pm at 12:00 pm |
  2. lisa

While I certainly do not approve of the actions of Richard Armitage, I find it ironic that one of the men pulling George W. Bush's strings (as a marionette's strings are pulled and manipulated) is miffed because his puppet was "disrespected". Funny how you didn't see the same level of distrust for Bill Clinton who could also be labeled as an outsider in DC when he first came on the presidential scene. Rove is bent out of shape because Bush's legacy of disgrace is also Rove's legacy of disgrace. He cannot distance himself from the poor job his "front man" did and thus is as responsible (if not moreso) for the train wreck of the past eight years as anyone else in the Bush administration.

December 8, 2008 12:00 pm at 12:00 pm |
  3. Craig from Pennsylvania

I didn't like Bush as president either, Karl...will you name me in this book???
    Karl, quit your snivelling!!!!...no one really cares...just fade away never to be heard from again I don't know who would really be interested in this book anyhow....

December 8, 2008 12:00 pm at 12:00 pm |
  4. Hana

"I was the one who taught Bush how to cry WOLF during his 2 term presidency" said Rove.

December 8, 2008 12:00 pm at 12:00 pm |
  5. Bob- Oklahoma City, OK

My comment is why does anyone believe a person, as Rove, that lied and committed as many or more wrongs as anyone for almost years with Buch. I have no respect for a man who thinks he above the law, and probably isn't prosecuted because he can point fingers at the people who could push the issue. This man is a liar and a cheat, and anyone who employs him, also is as bad

December 8, 2008 12:01 pm at 12:01 pm |
  6. cathie

Boo Hoo Boo Hoo This is so lame. I hope no one buys this book. Rove sounds like a little kid. Washington was bad to me, so I am going to name names. No one cares. Get a life and go away!

December 8, 2008 12:01 pm at 12:01 pm |
  7. mike vanyo

karl you can exit now and help george build his library with lego blocks. you .are about as well received as he is.

December 8, 2008 12:01 pm at 12:01 pm |
  8. Debbie

How much longer must we be subjected to the rantings of this dysfunctional little man. Isn't he satisfied with the damage he's already helped wreak upon the country?

December 8, 2008 12:01 pm at 12:01 pm |
  9. Adam

Why do you keep writing stories about this man? He's a no-name has been.

December 8, 2008 12:01 pm at 12:01 pm |
  10. jack debrot, new york, new york

good for rove. he's exactly right. from the moment that president bush was elected to even now, the new york times and similar ilk has kept up a steady dumbeat of lies and inuendo against president bush and his administration.

thank you president bush for keeping the united states safe, even at the cost of his popularity.

December 8, 2008 12:01 pm at 12:01 pm |
  11. JSRagman

Anyone foolish enough to buy a book written by this liar must have money to burn.

December 8, 2008 12:01 pm at 12:01 pm |
  12. Jackie

Rove is projecting his issues in that it is HE who no longer has any influence in Washington. Bush did what he did and his reputation is a result of his own portfolio of errors, miscalculations and failed attempts at manipulating The Peoples good intentions. Rove's days are coming to an end too and he is frustrated because no one of any influence wants anything to do with him. OH WELL!

December 8, 2008 12:02 pm at 12:02 pm |
  13. HmmmmH

Boy, I sure hope Rove includes their e-mail address.......I'd sure like to send them a "well done" message and thank them for trying to avoid the stupid policies, wars, and programs, that Bush and Rove wanted. Even though they may not have accepted Bush and offered better advice, Bush and Rove and Cheney went ahead with what they wanted anyway.......and now look at the grand condition the US is in. Why it almost looks like the Bush/Rove/Cheney team drove to this condition to make things so bad budget-wise, that no liberal leaning actions can be afforded to straighten the mess out.

December 8, 2008 12:02 pm at 12:02 pm |
  14. Bob

Wahhh Karl. Maybe the reason he wasn't accepted is because the Supreme Court decided the election in a state that had ballots from the 1800's. Although I am a democrat, I think Pres. Bush is a good person. But the last 8 years shows how he failed.

December 8, 2008 12:02 pm at 12:02 pm |
  15. Rob

Excuse me.... maybe I have forgotten. But wasn't Scooter Libby convicted of leaking the Plame thing?

Sounds like some revisionist history is coming down the pike.

December 8, 2008 12:02 pm at 12:02 pm |
  16. Tomkatinseattle

One rat squealing on the other rats. He is getting nervous because King Rat Bush hasn't pardoned him yet. He would make a wonderful "girlfriend " behind bars...M2C

December 8, 2008 12:02 pm at 12:02 pm |
  17. HelpTheAmericanPeople

Karl Rove needs to go to jail he and Bush and company need to be put on trial.

December 8, 2008 12:02 pm at 12:02 pm |
  18. John

Of course Mr. Bush was not accepted by some in Washington. He was a figurehead for grey eminences like Mr. Rove, Mr. Cheney, and others. His accession to the White House in 2000 was, to be polite, a total fluke, and a majority of citizens felt this way. It is as close as we've come to a dictatorship and illegal government take-over as I can remember.

December 8, 2008 12:02 pm at 12:02 pm |
  19. I'm Not Missing The Old Mule & Winky Half-baked Alaska

I've NEVER accepted this Idiot-in-Chief as my president simply because he's NEVER functioned as one.

December 8, 2008 12:02 pm at 12:02 pm |
  20. RR

A discredited criminal lashes out at those who didn't accept HIS man in the White House. I'll rush right out to buy this groundbreaking fresh serving of yesterday's leftovers.

December 8, 2008 12:02 pm at 12:02 pm |
  21. Worried Grandma

So he's going to name names when it comes to his enemies. That would include anyone who has ever disagreed with him. Pretty long list.

December 8, 2008 12:03 pm at 12:03 pm |
  22. Dan-O

Jerkwad Rove can add my name too, because I've never accepted the skunk as my commander-in-chief either.

December 8, 2008 12:03 pm at 12:03 pm |
  23. John McCloy

Name names of W's enemies? And what, make them heroes? Ooooooh, scary.

December 8, 2008 12:03 pm at 12:03 pm |
  24. Bill

This political hack has no credibility left, if he ever had any to start with. Rove was the man who was supposedly the architect of a permanent Republican majority – look where we are now. As for making a list of people who were "unreceiving" of Bush as President of the United States, that list should include everyone in the United States.

December 8, 2008 12:03 pm at 12:03 pm |
  25. Mystgreen

Excellent. We can give them medals.

December 8, 2008 12:03 pm at 12:03 pm |