December 9th, 2008

Craig's appeal rejected

(CNN) - The Minnesota Court of Appeals on Tuesday rejected Sen. Larry Craig's effort to withdraw his guilty plea in a sex-sting operation.

Filed under: Larry Craig
  1. obama-mama

Pervert.

December 9, 2008 12:05 pm at 12:05 pm |
  2. chuck

REPUBLICANS LOVE SEX PROBLEMS AND CRIMES.

December 9, 2008 12:07 pm at 12:07 pm |
  3. Stacy from Loudoun County VA

Well Senator Craig, you are guilty as charged sir. I say it is high time we put a scoreboard in Times Square or in DC much like the national debt clock of our elected representatives that flashes the pictures, names, and charges/convictions of our sitting elected government members.

December 9, 2008 12:09 pm at 12:09 pm |
  4. jd

Have to agree with you there Lisa. They both are a disgrace not only to there parties but to the political realm of society.

December 9, 2008 12:09 pm at 12:09 pm |
  5. Ed, Santa Fe, NM

is he still trying to STALL ?

December 9, 2008 12:10 pm at 12:10 pm |
  6. rich

Craig, come out of the closet already. Enough is enough. It's ok. 2009 is almost here.

December 9, 2008 12:11 pm at 12:11 pm |
  7. David in Dallas

Lisa V, you're making way too much sense for a blogger. ;)

I'm glad the appeal was rejected. While I can buy that a person in Gitmo might plead guilty to avoid torture, I can't buy that a person would plead guilty of public sexual misconduct if all they were doing was relieving themselves.

December 9, 2008 12:11 pm at 12:11 pm |
  8. Ken

Larry "the tap dancer" Craig. Former congressional champion of the far-right, guardian of the nation's morals, stickler for the rule-of-law. Now, just another [R] hypocrit on the run, trying to evade the law. But he is still a champion - champion of the [R] ex-officeholder scum-pit - and still champion to the neo-deluded, who find it much more egregious that a [D] PE would admit he failed to quit smoking. LMFAO at all you neo-tards out there!

December 9, 2008 12:12 pm at 12:12 pm |
  9. Michael-Ventura,CA

Good.

December 9, 2008 12:13 pm at 12:13 pm |
  10. 1/20/13

I bet Bonnie Fwank would hire him

December 9, 2008 12:15 pm at 12:15 pm |
  11. EEE

I agree with "Lisa V"...both parties need to call a truce, and cleanse themselves of the likes of Craig and Blagojevich.

December 9, 2008 12:19 pm at 12:19 pm |
  12. Fenarkleman

Don't let the stall door hit you on your way to your jail cell, Sen. Craig. Insert joke about bending over for the soap here.

December 9, 2008 12:25 pm at 12:25 pm |
  13. Rob

But, Bush is guilty of crimes. Obama isn't. Wake up to reality.

December 9, 2008 12:26 pm at 12:26 pm |
  14. dave

Lisa V - We can take a day off, but tomorrow everyone who is not like me will be terrible again.

December 9, 2008 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  15. To Lisa V

I don't believe Illinois has had a non-corrupt governor in about 15 years or more.

Larry Graig spearheaded a movement to condemn homosexuals, even as he was eating his cake too.

I agree there are some comparisons here and everyone should back off and just all get along, but the main difference between the two is HYPOCRACY!!

Dems do wrong also, its just that Repugs then take it another step with their whole "do as I say, not as I do" matra.

December 9, 2008 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  16. Sherrol in Canada

This is the last time I'll comment on my comments not being released. I was first again (11:50) and it's still awaiting moderation. I really don't understand it. Is there a time delay on comments outside of the US? Does freedom of speech only apply to the US bloggers?

I don't want to appear as if I'm whining, I'm just terribly frustrated and disappointed!!

December 9, 2008 12:34 pm at 12:34 pm |
  17. Albert S

In response to Lisa V's post, I would like to point out that whenever there are any sort of controversies or felonies found in the GOP, the majority of the Democratic/Obama blind followers begin on a posting rampage saying that the end of the GOP is near. We have to see this not as democrats or republicans, but as Americans. Corrupted officials are not just detrimental to the image of their party, but our image as Americans. If all these liberal Obama supporters here are real supporters of him, let's stop this party bickering and embrace a post-partisan attitude which we voted for and hope for. Obama himself points out that neither party has a monopoly on good ideas. Let us look past party lines. Only together can we truly be successful.

December 9, 2008 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  18. To Lisa V

Dems do wrong also, its just that Repugs then take it another step with their whole "do as I say, not as I do" mantra.

December 9, 2008 12:35 pm at 12:35 pm |
  19. California Gold

Good point Lisa V. Think this story will be part of the day's political joke. Senator Craig has devolved to little more than a pathetic joke after this story surfaced.

December 9, 2008 12:36 pm at 12:36 pm |
  20. Kevin from the Peake

To Lisa V: Ah, spoken by a true Dem.

December 9, 2008 12:42 pm at 12:42 pm |
  21. Jackie in Dallas

Lisa, I'm with you! There is no political party out there without its share of bad apples. After all, political parties are made up of people, and people, by definition, are fallible, prone to errors of judgement, and sheer stupidity at times!

December 9, 2008 12:43 pm at 12:43 pm |
  22. LIP

I agree with Lisa and think that Jay Leno should also take a break from constantly chastising Mr. Craig. Remember that this gentleman made a mistake and with that his family suffers as well. Whenever Jay Leno pokes fun at him, he pokes fun at his family as well. Does this make Mr. Leno a better human being or a better man?

December 9, 2008 12:44 pm at 12:44 pm |
  23. A Really Conservative Realist

Craig should be punished to the utmost..used as a poster child for what happens to hypocrites. He is a humiliation to what should be, and once was, a party of conservatives.

December 9, 2008 12:46 pm at 12:46 pm |
  24. proudliberal

good. he needs to learn when its acceptable to tap dance and when its not. i'm sure republicans are proud.

December 9, 2008 12:48 pm at 12:48 pm |
  25. Real Change

This guy is actually probably one of the most reprehensable individuals in policts today. This guy has made a career out of institutionalizing descrimation against gays and lesbians, ostensibly based on "Christian values." All the while he is actually nothing more than a repressed homosexual himself.

There are some who would feel sorry for Craig because it was social pressure and perverted religeous values that caused his issues, but the problem with that is that he was one of the leader of ilk that put all of that in place. Essentially he is stewing in his own sauce.

I hope he is miserable. Atter all he has made a carrer out of making other people miserable. People who have far more emotional maturity and courage than he.

December 9, 2008 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |