December 15th, 2008

Obama announces pick for new 'climate czar' post

Browner is Obama's choice for climate czar .
Browner is Obama's choice for climate czar .

CHICAGO, Illinois (CNN) - President-elect Barack Obama on Monday named Carol Browner as the newly created "climate czar" inside the White House.

Obama made the announcement at a news conference in Chicago, picking Browner for a position that will oversee policies on energy, the environment and climate.

Browner was administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency in the Clinton administration.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Texas Teacher

Well.... all I have to say is, "I wonder if you could possibly... I mean in your wildest dreams... have found a lousier picture of that poor woman?"

In watching the announcements of these posts, I actually though the woman was pleasantly attractive! I guess I was fooled by the camera! :)

December 15, 2008 09:55 pm at 9:55 pm |
  2. nick

Anonymous December 15th, 2008 9:27 pm ET

Where are the Latinos in your cabinet?
    *******************************************************
    wow,

check it out before you write anything please......
    Sen. Ken Salazar of Colorado

Google the guy then complain!!

December 15, 2008 09:59 pm at 9:59 pm |
  3. Texas Teacher

KG.... sorry, I hate to contradict you.... but Bush is the one who said "Industry was capable of policing itself in pollution matters"... and he deregulated pollution controls over industry all over the country. The chemical plants here in Houston just loved it!

what do you think?
    did he really think they could police themselves?

I DON'T THINK SO! But I DO BELIEVE he was almost positive that they would surely get RICHER, if they did not have to worry about those silly old pollution standards! :)

December 15, 2008 10:00 pm at 10:00 pm |
  4. Larry

Most of the post here are about smog and that is caused by NITROGEN,the nitrogen that causes smog is man made in the form of crop fertilizer,or AMMONIA ,it is this fertilizer that makes America the worlds bread basket,the only thing that keeps are balance of trade even close.Nitrogen is 300 times more damaging to the atmosphere than CARBON by products.

If you are really serious about global warming,you can do your part by not eating,or driving.

December 15, 2008 10:09 pm at 10:09 pm |
  5. Willy Brown

Obamma is digging deep into the looney barrel. 4 years of children running amuck.

December 15, 2008 10:17 pm at 10:17 pm |
  6. Joe

Solid choices (and I supported Obama). But I do want to correct a misstatement by a fellow Obama-supporter. Air quality HAS gotten better during the 8 years of the Bush Administration. The fact is, the Clea Air Act requires continuous emissions reductions.

December 15, 2008 10:34 pm at 10:34 pm |
  7. Mike

Climate Czar... what a joke

December 15, 2008 10:44 pm at 10:44 pm |
  8. Dennis

Wow, what an inspiring pick for Obama's cabinet. I guess as "climate czar," Browner will be able to will the earth to cool down.Or maybe in the interest of controlling "global warming" and CO2 she'll give us all a quota of breaths per month.

Instead of "change" (whatever that means), His Majesty's Cabinet is a heaping portion of warmed over Clintonistas.

December 15, 2008 10:54 pm at 10:54 pm |