December 15th, 2008

Time Magazine veteran to become top Biden aide

(CNN) – Time Magazine's Jay Carney is set to become Vice President-elect Joe Biden's communications director, two sources tell CNN's John King.

Carney, currently Time's Washington Bureau chief, has been with the magazine for two decades.

Time Magazine is owned by Time Warner, CNN's parent company.

Filed under: Joe Biden
  1. darko

surprised? yeah, not really.

December 15, 2008 07:56 pm at 7:56 pm |
  2. Steve NY

A member of the press working for Biden/Obama? Shocker.

December 15, 2008 07:59 pm at 7:59 pm |
  3. SOUTHERN HOTTIE

That's great!
    Dang, is Barack the only guy hiring?
    I'm sick of all the layoffs.

December 15, 2008 08:00 pm at 8:00 pm |
  4. jaye

I like this man very much. He will work well with Joe Biden (I love Joe Biden).

P.S. I so hope they name the Biden puppy, Scrappy!

December 15, 2008 08:13 pm at 8:13 pm |
  5. ITSONNOW

HOPE HE'S GOT A DEGREE IN ANTI EGO RESTORATION. OL JOE WILL TALK THIS GUY TO DEATH. OUGHTA LET JOE COUNSEL GEETMO PEEPS FOR INFO. TALK ABOUT WEETER BEARDING!!! YOU WANNA GET THE AMBULANCE CHASER ACLSD TYPES GOING TURN THE TALK MASTER LOOSE DOWN THERE!!!

December 15, 2008 08:16 pm at 8:16 pm |
  6. georgia espersen

no bull lady talks about average people loosing all their money – guess what average people earn hopfully 28 dollars an hour. congressmen say this is too much, take a pay cut. dont ask any of average people to have much sympathy for those that have lost million. we have lost everything job, credit, homes, medical ins and]
    the list goes on.

December 15, 2008 08:25 pm at 8:25 pm |
  7. Joe

To be expected. Time magazine was in bed with the obama campaign.

December 15, 2008 08:37 pm at 8:37 pm |
  8. Joe

To be expected. Time magazine was in bed with the obama campaign.

December 15, 2008 08:38 pm at 8:38 pm |
  9. Matt

@ Joe

You know, even if that's true, the GOP has only itself to blame for having a bed that's cold and filled with people suffering from political ED. I don't know about you, but I find it hard to "perform" if I'm being yelled at with hateful nonsense.

December 15, 2008 09:31 pm at 9:31 pm |
  10. Texas Teacher

Time Magazine was in BED with Obama's team..... Does Michelle know that?

Someone tell her quickly.... we could have a scandal here in the making before Obama is even sworn in! *LOL*

December 15, 2008 09:51 pm at 9:51 pm |
  11. nick

joe,
    Keep writing......those people who write in caps and repeating themselves can not help it......
    I wonder what is their motive.

Whatever happened to my America and respect of Our President of all people!

December 15, 2008 10:12 pm at 10:12 pm |
  12. Mary

@Texas Teacher...

Who is in bed with you? That's what you need to worry about...Trust me Michelle doesn't never have to worry about her man....Sista's don't play that...trust me!!!

So take your hateful comments and look at yourself!!!

December 15, 2008 10:22 pm at 10:22 pm |
  13. Matt

@ Texas Teacher

It is not Obama they were after. All want a piece of Conan the Delawarian's legendary orange weapon!!! CONAN IS EPIC!!!

December 15, 2008 10:32 pm at 10:32 pm |
  14. Matt

btw, yes, that was a WoW reference...

December 15, 2008 10:33 pm at 10:33 pm |
  15. Robert

You go Obama! So long as CNN keep making news, then we have no news networks to Inform Americans....
    I wish you would appoint your media zcars......

December 15, 2008 10:42 pm at 10:42 pm |
  16. Sherrol in Canada

@Joe...

So good (you beleive), you had to say it twice, eh!..........

If I were you I'd give it a rest. Joe Biden will do fine as VP.

December 16, 2008 12:33 am at 12:33 am |
  17. raagos

very good choice. its gonna be exciting having in white house

December 16, 2008 08:53 am at 8:53 am |