December 16th, 2008

Bush wants Jeb to run for Senate

Pres. Bush told CNN Tuesday that he'd like to see his brother Jeb run for political office again.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Jeb Bush for Senate? His famous older brother thinks so.

In an interview with CNN’s Senior Political Correspondent Candy Crowley, President Bush responded “yes” when asked whether his brother Jeb should run for the senate seat being vacated in 2010 by Republican Mel Martinez.

The president said he did not know if his brother, a popular former Florida governor, would ultimately run and had not discussed the prospect with the elder President Bush.

“I haven’t talked to my dad about whether or not he wants Jeb to run. First of all knowing my dad I bet he would say I want Jeb to do that which is best for him and then he would go on to say but if he chose to run he would be a great United States senator and he would be.”

President Bush also said he was “neutral” in next year’s Texas governor’s race which Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison will likely mount a tough Republican primary challenge against Governor Rick Perry.

Filed under: President Bush
  1. ch

Please – NO more Bush's.

The father was a horrible president, the son was even worse and jughead (or whatever his name is) is no better.

December 16, 2008 01:53 pm at 1:53 pm |
  2. Emily

Haven't we had enough of the Bushes? The only good things in the White House for the last 8 years were Laura, Barney an d Miss Beasley. Ok, the cat too. GW has destroyed everyting he can get his hands on, lets not let his idiot brother JEB have a chance to further the legacy.

December 16, 2008 01:53 pm at 1:53 pm |
  3. Wayne, Greenville TX

Who cares what Pretzelboy thinks? Hasn't his family caused ENOUGH damage to this country?

December 16, 2008 01:53 pm at 1:53 pm |
  4. Peter (CA)

They just won't go away until they have driven this country into the ground.
    Kind of like the Steinbrenners and the Yankees.

December 16, 2008 01:53 pm at 1:53 pm |
  5. lany

That is fine...

December 16, 2008 01:53 pm at 1:53 pm |
  6. Mickie

Sorry Jeb, but you have been "Bush" whacked!

December 16, 2008 01:53 pm at 1:53 pm |
  7. bill

This country has suffered enough at the hands of this family. None of them even come close to being "brain surgeon" material and it shows in their positions that they have held in state and national politics.

December 16, 2008 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  8. Veronica

Good DOG. Not another one. No way, no how. I've had just enough of the moronic Bush family to last me ten lifetimes.

OI' Jeb should just slink back under the rock from whence he and his stupid brother came.

December 16, 2008 01:54 pm at 1:54 pm |
  9. Kathi Geukes

Hell no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 16, 2008 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  10. Mrs Obama 2016-2024

Any moron voting for another Bush deserves what they get. Nothing.

December 16, 2008 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  11. Jeff in Illinois

I wonder if Poppy Bush would want him to run. I'm not so sure Jeb would be the willing puppet George is.

December 16, 2008 01:55 pm at 1:55 pm |
  12. no trickle down...

How does that saying go...?

Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice, shame on me.
    Fool me three times...

December 16, 2008 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  13. Carl Justus

I cannot think of a worse person for the republicans or any other party for them to run him for president.
    I do not care what Florida, I do not think any other state, maybe except Texas would vote for him. Then of course there is Utah and Wyoming.
    If I am alive and well and he runs for president I will do all in my power to defeat him. We have had three presidents from Texas and all three have been the worse liars that ever sat in the Whitehouse.
    All of them either stated wars on lies or gave Saddam the impression he could retake Kuwait for it was a former province of Iraq.
    But when Saddam began to ravage the country and kill the people, Bush one had to get him out or there or face genocide of a country.
    We have had two to many Bush's already and we certainly do not need another one.

December 16, 2008 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  14. Gen Patton

Look idiots, you won. Get over yourselves. Jeb is not either George.

December 16, 2008 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  15. lewci

He disgraced the state of Florida in 2000, I don't think they would support him in his efforts. NO ONE will ever forget that election, especially Floridians.

It's time to say goodbye to Bush erra. Bush = Disaster

December 16, 2008 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  16. Jane

What! I do think so!

December 16, 2008 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  17. Uncle S.A.M.-Virginia

What is W smoking. He should know after getting shoes tossed at him, that the Bush name is not very popular.

December 16, 2008 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  18. Mari

Dear GOD spare us from another Bush! WE'VE HAD ENOUGH!!!

December 16, 2008 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  19. indy 08

Hey Jeb Bush, what happened to the shadow govt...

December 16, 2008 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  20. Les

Don't forget the hard-core 15 or so % that will be glad to tell you that the mess we're in is Bill's fault and the nut jobs who STILL think that air-head Palin is qualified for the highest office in the land. They will always be here, sorry to say.

December 16, 2008 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  21. Jeanette Scott

The American people have had enough of the Bushes. Enough is enough. President have turned this country upside down. I say no more Bushes.

December 16, 2008 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  22. Kim

Please, spare us from any more bushes, shrubs, or ornamental ferns. We've had enough.

December 16, 2008 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  23. Kevin in Ohio

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bush name is tainted only by the hatemongering left.

President Bush has kept us safe from attack and safe from democrat pandering.......... we need more, not less, of that.

Jeb is certainly a more worthy Senate candidate that Caroline, or Al Franken, or anyone Blago would pick.......

December 16, 2008 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  24. Howard

all we need is another bush in the white house. america wake up, before its to late

December 16, 2008 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |
  25. size 10

Maybe a size 9 would take care of Jeb?

December 16, 2008 02:00 pm at 2:00 pm |