December 17th, 2008

Time's Person of the Year: Barack Obama

Time's person of the year is Barack Obama.
Time's person of the year is Barack Obama.

In one of the craziest elections in American history, he overcame a lack of experience, a funny name, two candidates who are political institutions and the racial divide to become the 44th president of the United States.

Full story

Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Irritated in Fl

I agree that Obama should get some recognition. I mean, he is only the biggest, most corrupt criminal to have pulled off the colosal con of the decade. Person of the year? More like Con man of the year. You gotta admit he's darn good at it though.

December 17, 2008 12:12 pm at 12:12 pm |
  2. peter, Florida

without a doubt he (OBAMA) truly deserve the person of the year.

December 17, 2008 12:12 pm at 12:12 pm |
  3. jay

Of course there was no one else to choose. Has anyone else had his face on TV, or his ads on the radio or internet? Obama's story is compelling, but really did anyone expect the MSM and Obama lovers to choose anyone else?

December 17, 2008 12:13 pm at 12:13 pm |
  4. gregg

my obama,, when i used to say my god,, but was forced to stop saying do to all the obama police.. hopefully when people realize a false prophet brings nothing ,, they will come back to reality and think my god. he was only a man.

December 17, 2008 12:13 pm at 12:13 pm |
  5. Tom in Delaware

Nice work Super D...Greg's a real Doofus...I just did the same thing on the Blago posting.

December 17, 2008 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |
  6. Eli

Michael Phelps got snubbed!

December 17, 2008 12:16 pm at 12:16 pm |
  7. joyce

I for the life of me can not figure why he has so many people believing he is such a Saint! All he does is deny and everyone says Oh OK he said he didn't know anything about it....
    What a crock, Person of the Year?

December 17, 2008 12:16 pm at 12:16 pm |
  8. Super What?

Super D at 11:39am and 11:48am

What does the D stand for? "Delusional"? I don't think you're "dumb" or "dim-witted"... Maybe just "Desperate"?

The birth certificate and citizen ship issues... really. Time to let it go. As for ACORN, if I go out and rob a bank in your name, does that make you accountable for it?

Find a new hobby. This one is causing your blood pressure to sky-rocket.

December 17, 2008 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm |
  9. Karen - Atlanta

Excellent Pick! And Barack Obama is defintely a man who deserves it after 2 years of scrunity who prevailed in the end. Congrats Mr. Presdient!

December 17, 2008 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm |
  10. go away mongers Ventura ca

You repugs are pathetic. You give us a guy who lies through his teeth, who treats the Constitution as if it was toilet paper, and has an approval rating that speaks for itself. You screwed up by voting for the bush regime twice. Those of us who have had to indure his idiocy for 8 years thank you for your contribution- now go away!

December 17, 2008 12:18 pm at 12:18 pm |
  11. Greg in Columbus

Super D,

You are so full of it. If you believe that BS, then I bet you believe 9/11 was an inside job and that the US never landed on the moon. Yes everything is a conspiracy.

I really feel sorry for you that you have to think everyone is evil and bad. You have NO proof of any of your accusations

Come on, the birth certificate thing, it showed it last year but you crazy people can't accept the truth.

He is the living example of what the American Dream can be: poor kid of a single mother, works hard, and succeeds. If you hate Obama, then you HATE America

December 17, 2008 12:18 pm at 12:18 pm |
  12. gregg

of course i never get posted,, oh well maybe time will call.. ps never say anYTHING BAD ABOUT OBAMA HERE.. U WILL BE ARRESTED ,, THE FBI AND YOUR LOCAL OSS WILL SHOW UP AND oops,,, i hear boots on my front porc

December 17, 2008 12:18 pm at 12:18 pm |
  13. Ghost

Super D

Birth certificate? Honestly, if this was a real issue, it would've been front and center by now. Don't you think McCain, Palin, the RNC, etc would've handled this already? Ohhh, wait. It has been.

Ayers, Rezko, Blogo and the not Revered Wright....Compared to Mr. Palin, Stevens, etc, you have got to be kidding me. Doesn't Ayers teach at a university? Are you ready to boycott that university? Probably not.

McCain also supported ACORN...

I could go on, but you are obviously disallusioned to the point of hallucinations. I bet you still are looking for the boogieman under your bed as well.

December 17, 2008 12:19 pm at 12:19 pm |
  14. BS not Maverick

How about the Century!

December 17, 2008 12:19 pm at 12:19 pm |
  15. double standard

I crack up at those of you saying things like Get over it, sour grapes, let's not be divided etc.......when you were the same people who never gave Bush a chance and did nothing but bash from day one let's be a little intraspective, ok?

December 17, 2008 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm |
  16. An American Patriot

2009 Same Thing
    2010 Same Thing
    2011 Same Thing
    2012 Same Thing

2013 Saint Obama
    2014 1st President of Earth Due to Popular Demand. Earth Renamed to Obamaland
    2015 Owner of Earth
    2016 Face Carved into the Moon. ..Obama officially appointed "Man on the Moon" forever.

2017 Universe renamed to Obamaverse.

December 17, 2008 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm |