December 19th, 2008

HAPPENING NOW: Blagojevich speaks out

Watch Rod Blagojevich respond to his arrest on cnn.com/live.
Watch Rod Blagojevich respond to his arrest on cnn.com/live.

(CNN) - Embattled Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich is making his first public statement since his arrest on corruption charges.

Watch it happen now on cnn.com/live

Update: this event has concluded.

Filed under: Rod Blagojevich
  1. PL

Why do we continue give these idiots a form. This guy loves attention good or bad. He should be speaking from prison with his hair in pony tails, and lipstick.. Now that's justice.

December 19, 2008 03:09 pm at 3:09 pm |
  2. Sue

Who cares what this liar is saying? I'm sure he's repeating the Bush mantra of "not me, not my problem, I never knew what I should have known." All crap.

December 19, 2008 03:10 pm at 3:10 pm |
  3. Dave

This guy is a joke...

December 19, 2008 03:11 pm at 3:11 pm |
  4. Ken in NC

He really came across strong and confident. That is good. The problem is that there was no dummie on this end taking it all in as the gospel truth. His biggest problem is that he looks like he is guilty. If you raise the hair over his forhead you will probably see the word "GUILTY" written there. That is why he wears his hair down.

JUST ANOTHER POLITICIAN.

December 19, 2008 03:13 pm at 3:13 pm |
  5. Indy

Connect the dots people! Blago = Dem, Obama = Dem, Blago and Obama = Illinois. Obama must be hiding so much since his buddy was caught. I am sure that it was actually Obama trying to sell his own seat.

December 19, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  6. Farrell, Houston, Tx

This guy had a 13% approval rating in the State of Illinois prior to his attempt to sell Obama's seat and right now hls only defense is to play with words. I don't think that's going to work for him and it shouldn't.

December 19, 2008 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  7. Laverne

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

"Indeed, I did have an inappropriate relationship with that woman"

December 19, 2008 03:22 pm at 3:22 pm |
  8. WILL IN AZ

THEY HAVE YOU ON BLEEPING TAPE, SO SHUT THE BLEEP UP, AND STEP THE BLEEP DOWN.

December 19, 2008 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  9. Krystal

Wow! Good think there was no lightning around that news conference... God may have struck him down! Haha!

December 19, 2008 03:23 pm at 3:23 pm |
  10. Sherrol in Canada

The man intends to go down fighting, I can't wait for him to fall – HARD!!

He is such an egoist, and with a touch of delusion too.

December 19, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  11. Matt

This guy better start looking for some soap-on-a-rope.

December 19, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  12. Vicki5

No thanks.

December 19, 2008 03:26 pm at 3:26 pm |
  13. naqib

Sue
    "Who cares what this liar is saying? I'm sure he's repeating the Bush mantra of "not me, not my problem, I never knew what I should have known."

Wow... I thought you were talking about Obama... Wright, Ayers, Rezko, "not me, not my problem, I never knew what I should have known, I never heard him say that, I shouldn't have accepted that land, etc, etc, etc"... LOL

December 19, 2008 03:30 pm at 3:30 pm |
  14. mmd

He was trying to sell a senate seat. Hey, Bush sold the entire USA. using your money Stop looking the other way people.

December 19, 2008 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  15. VU

We all were wrong, after all he is a self-righteous lawyer and politician from Chicago, Illinois. Who is perfect, Obama?

December 19, 2008 03:43 pm at 3:43 pm |
  16. BB

OOPS – I was in the kitchen and all I could hear was "I'm gonna fight, I'm gonna fight, I'm gonna fight" ................

Thought for a minute I had travelled back in time to the primaries.

WHEW !! Thank goodness it's the Illinois Liar again.

December 19, 2008 03:46 pm at 3:46 pm |
  17. Chuck

Indy needs to get over the 2008 election.

December 19, 2008 03:48 pm at 3:48 pm |
  18. Redneck from S Illinois

This guy is the most arrogant, corrupt poltician this State has ever seen! The people in State Government, and the State employees have total contempt for him and he has absolutely no desire to get along with anyone. He acts like the State Capitol doesn't even exist and he just stays in Chicago. Except for when he wants to father illegitimate children, then he comes to Springfield. The citizens of this State ALL hope the U.S. Attorneys Office is successful in sending this clown to prison.

December 19, 2008 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  19. chuck

THIS SERBIAN BEAST IS WASTING THE TIME AMD MONEY OF THE PEOPLE OF ILLINOIS AND ALL REPORTERS. HE ABSOLUTELY SAID NOTHING. THESE ACTIONS DISPLAYED ARE ACTIONS OF CROOKS.HIS TONE OF VOICE DISPLAYS HATRED FOR THE LAW WHICH IS VERY SAD.WE NEED THE LAW TO ENFORCE THE STATES OPERATE IN A FAIR MANNER.

December 19, 2008 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  20. Fantastic!

Seems thats the standard response politicians are giving even when they're busted red handed of corruption or gross incompetence. Bush/cheney perfected it. Just deny deny deny. Its time we, the people, actually start looking at the facts and drawing our own conclusions. Dont believe ANYTHING that comes out of a politicians mouth. "Truth" simply isnt in their vocabulary!

December 19, 2008 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  21. aware

Chicago politicians all lie including PEBO! Why all the fuss over this guy! Is he tainting PEBO? :)

December 19, 2008 04:06 pm at 4:06 pm |
  22. Sherrol in Canada

The man intends to go down fighting, I can't wait for him to fall – HARD!!

He is such an egoist, and with a touch of delusion too.

And why are CNN reporters saying Blago's statement was so very powerful? Gimme a break, you guys are trying to make more of it as the man said nothing and wasted everyone.s time.

December 19, 2008 04:06 pm at 4:06 pm |
  23. moindependent

First off this is still America. You are innocent until you are proven guilty.

As a Veteran waiting on my disability pay from the VA this is all a big show so simple minded people can comment about things they do not know and keep your attention away from real issues

like the 700,000 Veterans waiting on their claims

or the soldiers currently fighting and being injured

WAKE UP AMERICA WORRY ABOUT WHAT YOU CAN CHANGE

December 19, 2008 04:16 pm at 4:16 pm |
  24. nclaw441

Moindependent: In this country you are not innocent until proven guilty. That is a fallacy. You are PRESUMED innocent under the law until proven guilty. That is a legal statement, not a practical one. If Blago committed a crime he was guilty AT THAT MOMENT. If he did not commit the crime, he is innocent, and remains so. All that a court does is RULE on his guilt or innocence.

It is perfectly acceptable to say that one believes he did it and is guilty, just as it is for others to say the opposite.

December 19, 2008 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  25. johnny

Did he say all that with a straight face?

I was waiting to hear "live from new york...."

December 19, 2008 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |