December 19th, 2008

Blagojevich: 'I am absolutely certain that I will be vindicated'

Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich held a press conference Friday afternoon.
Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich held a press conference Friday afternoon.

CHICAGO, Illinois (CNN) - Gov. Rod Blagojevich said Friday that he is not guilty of any criminal wrongdoing and said he will not resign.

"I have done nothing wrong," he said at a news conference.

Watch: 'I will fight,' says Blagojevich

"I am dying to answer these charges. I am dying to show you how innocent I am," he said. "I intend to answer every allegation that comes my way. However, I intend to answer them in the appropriate forum."

He added, "I have on my side the most powerful ally there is, and it is the truth."

He took no questions from reporters.

Full story

Filed under: Rod Blagojevich
  1. JoAnn

You Obama Haters...KEEP WISHING, HOPING & PRAYING....

One thing I can say about our 44th Presient...HE GOT HIS s**t together... HA HAHAAAAAAAAAAA @ ALL YOU HATERS..

December 19, 2008 06:57 pm at 6:57 pm |
  2. doc mitch Wright

Blago, your chickens...are coming home...to ROOOOOOST!!

December 19, 2008 07:18 pm at 7:18 pm |
  3. Johnny boy

John December 19th, 2008 4:32 pm E T

John – I guess you are the idiot GURU. Just tag people as idiots, I wonder who gave you that right – IDIOT

December 19, 2008 07:27 pm at 7:27 pm |
  4. kir

Blagojevich = Capone

December 19, 2008 07:28 pm at 7:28 pm |
  5. Rave

Bottomline :
    He mis-used his powers and commited fraud, crime
    He will be behind bars.
    His gimmicks : I will fight, I will fight, I will fight till my last breath... are pure nonsense. This guy apparently lives in a state of denial

December 19, 2008 07:30 pm at 7:30 pm |
  6. WORD UP!

GOV Blagojevich has ruined his reputation and leadership. I would not support him if he ran for reelection.

December 19, 2008 07:33 pm at 7:33 pm |
  7. John from California

1) He says "I am innocent". If you ever go to jail., you will see that all inmates say the same

2) He says he will fight to the last breadth. If you look into mobs history, all their bosses fight to the last breadth.... so what.

... so JAIL is exactly where this man belongs to!!!!!!!!!

December 19, 2008 07:47 pm at 7:47 pm |