December 19th, 2008

Blagojevich: 'I am absolutely certain that I will be vindicated'

Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich held a press conference Friday afternoon.
Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich held a press conference Friday afternoon.

CHICAGO, Illinois (CNN) - Gov. Rod Blagojevich said Friday that he is not guilty of any criminal wrongdoing and said he will not resign.

"I have done nothing wrong," he said at a news conference.

Watch: 'I will fight,' says Blagojevich

"I am dying to answer these charges. I am dying to show you how innocent I am," he said. "I intend to answer every allegation that comes my way. However, I intend to answer them in the appropriate forum."

He added, "I have on my side the most powerful ally there is, and it is the truth."

He took no questions from reporters.

Full story

Filed under: Rod Blagojevich
  1. Ask me if I care

We will wait with bated breath Governor to hear the "truth". HA HA HA

December 19, 2008 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  2. Holy Mary

Not with that hairdo you won't.

December 19, 2008 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  3. Bob

Matt,
    You sound like a lawyer. Since they haven't found Jimmy Hoffa's body, does that mean he isn't dead. How about, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman." Or, former President Nixon, "I'm not a crook." What about "Whitewater"? Since all the Clinton partners in "Whitewater" are dead, they didn't do anything wrong since there are no witnesses left? If these are all things you believe as well, I have some land in Florida I would like to sell you. I'm not saying it's not a grain of sand. Depends on your definition of "land".

December 19, 2008 04:52 pm at 4:52 pm |
  4. Precious Coker, NY

Al Capone was vindicated or was he?

December 19, 2008 04:54 pm at 4:54 pm |
  5. Texas Teacher

It's good ole boy politics..... some are really having a rough time letting go of what has been so acceptable for so very long. A new day is here, People... Obama is heralding that Day! Better get used to it.... good ole boy politics is NOT going to work for either party any longer! It may take time to thrash them all out of the bushes.... but it will come! As my old daddy used to say, "What is done in the dark... will come to the light!"

And I say, "Bravo!" :)

December 19, 2008 04:54 pm at 4:54 pm |
  6. Greg

He still needs to doing something with that hair!

December 19, 2008 04:54 pm at 4:54 pm |
  7. Texas Teacher

Bob, and how much of our tax payer dollars went to prove that Bill Clinton was an unfaithful husband.... Man, it was years of a witch hunt. What a farce!

December 19, 2008 04:56 pm at 4:56 pm |
  8. laura

To Tony, why make comments about Illinois like that-because of a few bad apples? I grew up in Illinois and there are many wonderful people there and many wonderful people in public service. Please stop making such generalized comments about this state and its people, it is wrong!

December 19, 2008 05:00 pm at 5:00 pm |
  9. Steve

He might actually be vindicated...when he buys out the judge.

December 19, 2008 05:02 pm at 5:02 pm |
  10. laura

I wish people would stop bringing our President Elect into this horrible state of affairs, AND I wish people on all sides would stop the negative judgement of Barack Obama. It is time for us all to support the new president. If you have nothing positive to offer, no suggestions of your own, then please be quiet. Some of you criticize Obama for no good reason-you must enjoy being critical people-our country is in trouble-stop the negativity-give Obama a break and a chance!

December 19, 2008 05:04 pm at 5:04 pm |
  11. Joe Anoka, Minn.

Way to go Matt. Palin is guilty but this lump deserves "innocent until proven guilty." Sarah Palin was found not to have been involved in the firing, although her husband possibly was, but by your moronic calculation, Palin is a Republican and therefore guilty, while Governor
    Blah is a Dem and deserves his day in court. Do liberals take stupid pills, or what? EVERYONE deserves to have their side told. It's about time to drop the personal attacks on the "other side", regardless of what side you are on. It just makes you look like an idiot.

December 19, 2008 05:06 pm at 5:06 pm |
  12. laura

John, you are MISINFORMED. Gov Palins ex-brother in law did NOT TASAR HIS SON! Why don't people know the facts before they post such nonsense! It is no wonder our country is in trouble. Everyone blames and points fingers at everyone else-

December 19, 2008 05:06 pm at 5:06 pm |
  13. Joe

I'm not a doctor, but I can tell you, this guy is pathological.

December 19, 2008 05:09 pm at 5:09 pm |
  14. J.P.

Typical liberal. No different than Bubba "I did not have snacks with that woman" Clinton. At least Nixon had enough decency to resign.

These liberal scumbags force you PUSH them out of office at the end of a torch or pitchfork, and even then, they desperately grasping at the carpet, the furniture and even doorjams, ANYTHING, to keep from losing power.

Can we storm the castle yet?"

December 19, 2008 05:10 pm at 5:10 pm |
  15. Peter Walker - emergingchristian.com

I don't care if he's guilty or not. He should be impeached for his haircut alone. It's public perversity.

December 19, 2008 05:12 pm at 5:12 pm |
  16. Larry

You know when he's lying ?

Every time his mouth moves

Bye Bye Rod ...

Flussssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh .......

December 19, 2008 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |
  17. Joe

The guy is an absolute loser. He is a fast-talking scumbag. Oh, in case I have not said it in a while, CNN sucks. You are worse than the Illinois governor. That to me is amazing since he is the worst around.

December 19, 2008 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |
  18. Matt

@ Bob

The legal realm is not reality. Sure, Hoffa's dead, but without a body can you prove he was murdered beyond a reasonable doubt? Nobody is saying Blago didn't likely cross the line. The questoin is, how much of it can they prove? For example, if some of the wiretapping was illegal, it is likely to be excluded as fruit from the forbidden tree.

Anyway, he should certainly still be impeached and/or resign based on his obvious lack of ethical fortitude, but whether he'll be convicted of an actual crime remains to be seen.

December 19, 2008 05:18 pm at 5:18 pm |
  19. SOMEONE PLEASE THROW ANOTHER PAIR OF SHOES!!!

yeah, right....

your butt will be in jail sooon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

December 19, 2008 05:18 pm at 5:18 pm |
  20. G

I feel bad for his kids to have such a corrupt dad. Just resign you won't be able to get any work done anyways no one trusts you.

December 19, 2008 05:19 pm at 5:19 pm |
  21. Toby in Illinois

If he's really done nothing wrong, why is his lawyer trying to throw out the wiretaps? After all, if he's innocent, they should provide the best vindication.

December 19, 2008 05:20 pm at 5:20 pm |
  22. Ex-Republican

We need a story about Palin's son in law, and his family. I think it's great that Sarah pals around with drug dealers! And forces her daughter to have babies that are the off spring of drug cartel families!

December 19, 2008 05:20 pm at 5:20 pm |
  23. Andy

You go Blago, drag those Dems through the mud

December 19, 2008 05:21 pm at 5:21 pm |
  24. SOMEONE PLEASE THROW ANOTHER PAIR OF SHOES @ GW!!!

when is this idiot going to jail?

December 19, 2008 05:21 pm at 5:21 pm |
  25. Independant Vet

Any gamblers around ?

Whats the odd's that Obama will be connected into this before it is over ? Right now it is 63 to 37.

You remember who just purchased the white House. Half was foreign dollars.

Now we hear of more foreign dollars , poured into the Clintons.

Now we are not all blind, WHERE IS THE PAY OFF ??? an How Much ? OBAMA HAS THE ANSWER !!!

December 19, 2008 05:23 pm at 5:23 pm |