December 22nd, 2008

Palin's biggest campaign regret: Not enough media interviews

Spending on Palin's clothes, makeup and hair made headlines during the campaign.

(CNN) - Former Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin’s biggest mistake of the presidential campaign: not enough time with the media, the Alaska governor said in an interview published Monday.

“The biggest mistake made was that I could have called more shots on this: the opportunities that were not seized to speak to more Americans via media,” she told Human Events.

“I was not allowed to do very many interviews, and the interviews that I did were not necessarily those I would have chosen. But I was so thankful to have the opportunity to run with John McCain that I was not going to argue with the strategy decisions that some of his people were making regarding the media contacts.

“But if I would have been in charge, I would have wanted to speak to more reporters because that’s how you get your message out to the electorate.

Palin also said she was uncomfortable leaving the campaign’s management to people she did not know well. “I was in a campaign in which I did not know the people individually running the campaign. So I had to put my life, my career, my family, and my reputation in their hands. That’s kind of a scary thing to do when you don’t know the people you are working with,” said the Alaska governor.

Palin has been the target of tough criticism, much of it anonymous, from senior McCain aides since the end of the campaign.

Filed under: Extra • Sarah Palin
  1. Once you vote Black

Robin how can you stand up for such a fool. Did you not hear her? I always wondered what her supporters saw in her. Can you truly say that she is not a ninny? She might be a good Gov but you have to admitt she was over her head.

December 22, 2008 06:07 pm at 6:07 pm |
  2. Larry in Houston

The more Interviews she does, it makes it much worse for her.
    She has to be the Dumbest politician / Governor in the history of the U.S................I honestly don't know how she got elected....The only thing I can figure out is : there aren't enough "political" smart people up there in alaska, who would want that Job.....Maybe that's why she left Idaho, she fifured she could get a "high profile" political Job up there....
    Larry C.
    Houston, Texas

December 22, 2008 06:07 pm at 6:07 pm |
  3. Marshay H

OMG..she wanted to do more interviews! Did she want to show us more of what she didnt know....if u cant tell me what newspaper u read, i dont know if u can could have redeemed yourself

December 22, 2008 06:07 pm at 6:07 pm |
  4. P K

please give us a break!!! like if she would have done any better. why can't she just admit that she was not feet for the Job or high level politics. And also, I wonder how the people of alaska din't realize how dumb she is to elect her as their governor.

December 22, 2008 06:07 pm at 6:07 pm |
  5. Steve Scherer

Please go away...just take care of your family and your daughter's future mother in law, who will be convicted soon.

December 22, 2008 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  6. Vicki5

I knew she was a fake when she said she didn't even hesitate when McCain asked her to be his running mate for VP. Oh please, anyone in their right mind would hesitate and ask, me? Can I do this? Should I do this? Just the fact that she didn't confirmed for me what I felt about her when I heard her mock Obama's community organizing experience at the RNC.

December 22, 2008 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  7. Kevin in ND

I have the same regret... that she didn't do enough interviews.

We could really use the laughs, now.

PALIN 2012 !!!!!

December 22, 2008 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  8. Bill

Go Bogart some weed and oxycontin with your family and everything will be alright. You were underrappreciated and missunderstould. You are a gosh darn jeenyus but nobody reccugnises jeenyus wen thay sea it. Gawd bless yu. I'd like to bone yu so yu'd no that sumone cares for yooo?

December 22, 2008 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  9. jim

Worhal said 15 minutes dear. You are over staying your welcome. Go back to Alaska and enjoy shooting wildlife from a helicopter.

December 22, 2008 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  10. Why????

Who's mining the office of Governor Palin? My guess it is Todd.

December 22, 2008 06:08 pm at 6:08 pm |
  11. Bruce Wolf

Moron.

December 22, 2008 06:09 pm at 6:09 pm |
  12. issa

she needs to be quiet now.there is a reason why they wouldn't let her have nore media time.the more she talk the more gaffe she makes and her lack of knoledge will be in full display.

December 22, 2008 06:09 pm at 6:09 pm |
  13. Don

OH PLEASE! Somebody lose this woman. She wanted more chances to show how stupid she is????? Give us all a Merry Christmas by not bringing her up again during the season.

Bad enough we still have Bush bumbling around in the white house.

December 22, 2008 06:09 pm at 6:09 pm |
  14. chad

To funny. Joe B doesnt even get this much recognition. 3/4 of the US doesnt even know who Joe Biden is?.......by the way..where is my government check?

December 22, 2008 06:10 pm at 6:10 pm |
  15. John McCain

*******************************

Meanwhile, the biggest mistake I made was choosing you as my running mate! I blame the GOP for forcing me to pick an air head like you and look where it got me...a trip back to Phoenix! I should have just pick Joe the plumber instead!

Regards,

John McCain

December 22, 2008 06:10 pm at 6:10 pm |
  16. Larry in Houston

That's right Grits, lies for sure !! McSame said he "vetted" her, but if the truth be known, she wasn't vetted at all.....he was really looking for those female Hillary Voters, that's all....
    Larry C.
    Houston, Texas

December 22, 2008 06:10 pm at 6:10 pm |
  17. Griff

Your "Recycle"... Use what you have the most of.... Think small for a change... If every family! If every business! Even the Government: Used what they have the most of..... But this info is not for Barack Obama to Gloryfy his None-Input.... Just every Americans Input.... The Worlds input.... But all Obama has done so far: is lean on others.... He is a Leader: with No "Lead in his Pencil"....

December 22, 2008 06:10 pm at 6:10 pm |
  18. issa

she needs to be quiet now.there is a reason why they wouldn't let her have nore media time.the more she talk the more gaffe she makes and her lack of knowledge will be in full display.

December 22, 2008 06:10 pm at 6:10 pm |
  19. Leah DiMarco, Texas

The biggest mistake was that John McCain picked her!

December 22, 2008 06:11 pm at 6:11 pm |
  20. jack

Do you really need to eat the whole cake to see what its tastes like?
    You are dumb,Sarah Palin. You really did not need more interviews to prove that.
    If it took only 2 interviews for you to bomb, wonder what you would reveal in 10?

December 22, 2008 06:11 pm at 6:11 pm |
  21. James

Yep, doing more interviews would have helped dilute the damage she did in the few interviews she DID do - at least that's the only way this makes any sense at all...

December 22, 2008 06:11 pm at 6:11 pm |
  22. Wow

Certified moron and doesnt have a clue.

December 22, 2008 06:11 pm at 6:11 pm |
  23. lena

That is not a regret its a blessing for her and the rest of our country.. although her interviews were always a good laugh.

December 22, 2008 06:11 pm at 6:11 pm |
  24. double standard

I come on here to have a laugh at the hate spewed by clueless liberals. And every time i look it is the same people. You must have busy lives

December 22, 2008 06:11 pm at 6:11 pm |
  25. Matt

To anyone who calls Sarah Palin stupid, an idiot, a moron, or asks her to go away:

Remind me never to gain your friendship. How you treat your enemies may well be a better indication of how you treat your friends, especially when the chips are down. I am disgusted by such language.

I really need to stop reading comments; they are making me lose faith in the civility of Americans.

December 22, 2008 06:12 pm at 6:12 pm |