December 25th, 2008

Bush re-examines pardon

Bush (above, leaving for his last Christmas at Camp David) is re-examining clemency for Isaac Toussie.

President Bush ordered one of 19 presidential pardons issued this week to be re-examined. CNN's Elaine Quijano reports.

Filed under: President Bush
  1. WasillaBilly

Bush caught again. He's morally bankrupt & a bigger crook than Nixon. Why the American people have let him get away with crap is beyond me. He should have been impeached long, long ago. He should just step down now and let Obama get on about the business of restoring America's former greatness.

December 25, 2008 07:54 pm at 7:54 pm |
  2. Jeff From Jersey

He couldn't pardon him so he'll probably appoint him to a committee as well.

The terrorists realized that Bush has done more to hurt America and Americans than all of the terrorists in the world could ever do!

December 25, 2008 07:54 pm at 7:54 pm |
  3. BUSHED!!!

The border patrolmen should # 1 on his list !!!!!!!

December 25, 2008 07:56 pm at 7:56 pm |
  4. Anonymous

the check must of bounced... can't have a pardon without a nice juicy contribution.

December 25, 2008 07:57 pm at 7:57 pm |
  5. Su

I hope that Bush quiet exit. He has nothing left to say or do.

December 25, 2008 08:03 pm at 8:03 pm |
  6. Texas Teacher

Tsk... tsk.. tsk.... Re examine this....

Was there even an Osama bin Laden? Actually... I question even that.

Recall how Pres. Bush sat reading to school children for almost 8 minutes AFTER learning the U.S. was being attacked. Recall that when he finally got off and into the air, his plane went in the wrong direction before turning back to D.C. Why was that.... say at least about 30 minutes... or more.... upon arriving in D.C., his first order of business was to get his Arabian friens on a plane and OUT of D.C. and/or the country! Doesn't all of that sound a BIT fishy to you. It surely does to me.... I mean, as a teacher, I believe I have grown adept at adding 2 and 2 to get 4! Promptly he declared war on Iraq and went after Saddam Hussein! And Osama bin Laden is STILL at large... if there ever was an Osama bin Laden!

The first time I saw Bush at Ground Zero, he walked around with a guilty look on his face! I mean GUILTY... not distraught! And I think after watching the man for 8 years that I can recognize his facial expressions pretty darn well!

So Pardon Me, if I do NOT agree that Bush has kept the country SAFE! I would suggest quite the otherwise! Call me a cynic... I am sure that I am! :)

December 25, 2008 08:19 pm at 8:19 pm |
  7. Texas Teacher

Please if you choose on of these comment... use this corrected versions!

Tsk... tsk.. tsk.... Re examine this....

Was there even an Osama bin Laden? Actually... I question even that.

Recall how Pres. Bush sat reading to school children for almost 8 minutes AFTER learning the U.S. was being attacked. Recall that when he finally got off and into the air, his plane went in the wrong direction before turning back to D.C. Why was that.... say at least about 30 minutes... or more.... were wasted while the President floundered around all over the place! Then upon arriving in D.C., his first order of business was to get his Arabian friends on a plane and OUT of D.C. and/or the country! And all that time, Cheney was hiden in an un-named location!

Happy Holidays as we reap what Bush/Cheney have sown!

December 25, 2008 08:24 pm at 8:24 pm |
  8. roger in ga

WOW He can't even get pardoning a crook right.

December 25, 2008 08:25 pm at 8:25 pm |
  9. chuck

GEORGE BUSH PARDON OSAMA BIN LADEN ON THE TORO BORO MOUNTAINS BY PULLING THE TROOPS AND SENDING THEM TO IRAQ.

December 25, 2008 08:49 pm at 8:49 pm |
  10. chuck

GEORGE BUSH PAID MILLIONS TO PEOPLE WHO KILLED AND INJURED AMERICAN SOLDIERS TO PUT DOWN THEIR WEAPONS.THEY TOOK THE MONEY AND BOUGHT MORE WEAPONS. HE CALLED THIS A PARDON ALSO.

December 25, 2008 08:54 pm at 8:54 pm |
  11. Steve Lewis, Holly Springs, NC

"W"

Thanks for keeping us safe and holding true to your principles.

December 25, 2008 08:56 pm at 8:56 pm |
  12. Paul

to Obama our President the answer is no we were not terrorist free in the prior 50 years to 9/11. What about the attack on the world trade center in 1993 and yes those people are in jail. One of the main people on that attack was a blind cleric that was living in New Jersey. Also what about our favorite home grown terrorist nut, Timothy McVeigh and the bombing in OKC in 1995. Thankfully he was strapped to the gurney and enough said.
    to Texas Teacher reading a lot of you post I can only conclude you believe no republican can do any right and democrats can do no wrong. both do good and bad. No party is perfect and I only know of only one perfect person and he hasn't been he for about 2,000 years. so stop drinking the kool-aid of only one party and look at the big picture. You might find once in a while the other side might have the better idea. Not always but occasionally.

At least the president is standing on principle on this when it looks like someone was trying to buy this pardon with controbutions. the same can't be said with President Clinton's pardon of Marc Rich. His wife contributed heavly to the Clinton Library and the democratic party.

December 25, 2008 08:57 pm at 8:57 pm |