December 25th, 2008

Obama Christmas to include turkey and ham dinner

(CNN) - President-elect Barack Obama's traditional Hawaiian Christmas includes opening presents with his family this morning, and dining on turkey and ham tonight.

The Obamas had spent past Christmases with the president-elect's grandmother Madelyn Dunham, a Hawaiian native, who died earlier this year. Obama attended a memorial service for Dunham earlier this week.

Filed under: Candidate Barack Obama
  1. Rose from Ohio

Merry Christmas to all:

May we all be blessed with strength and wisdom, in these days and times.
    I'm on the Obama honeymoon as well. No, I don't agree with all the choices he's made so far. Yet, I do believe he is going to make the best decisions possible for our great Country.
    All the hurt, anger and disappointments of the past eight years will soon fade in memory.
    No hate bashing anyone. Looking to the future.
    Harping on the past, blasting the Pres.-elect before he takes office, will only cloud my head. We need clear minds and hearts to forge ahead.
    May the Good Lord have mercy on all, HIS mankind.

December 25, 2008 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  2. Electress

Must be sweet, 9 million dollar estate, warm weather, and plenty of food!

December 25, 2008 03:21 pm at 3:21 pm |
  3. Dahlia

But, but, you forgot to mention the side dishes! Poi, perhaps? Or corn bread?

And, was their meal eaten off bananna leaves, porcelain china with gold flatware, or what? I know-stuffed coconuts.

And, what was everyone wearing? The weather must be much warmer in Hawaii, so my guess would be lava-lavas and sarongs.

Maybe you can publish a detailed itinerary of his family's whereabouts every day, what they eat, etc. Better do it while you can, because all this info wll become unavailable once Obama is prez.

December 25, 2008 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  4. Proud American

Joe, your a complete village Idiot and I'm willing to bet your spending today alone. His name is Mr. President Obama. Merry Christmas idiot.

December 25, 2008 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  5. Jim in PA

I have enjoyed watching the new First Family relax in Hawaii...a well deserved vacation before the new President receives the worst presents imaginable from the worst president imaginable...George Bush! And eat well tonight...you will need your strength.

I have also enjoyed watching the pictures of Obama with no shirt. Great body!

December 25, 2008 03:38 pm at 3:38 pm |
  6. Ann

This is disgusting.. who cares what they eat?

I kind of believe what "Irritated in Fl" says and the article confirms "grandmother Madelyn Dunham .... who died earlier this year." How early? I also thought they played this to get sympathy on Nov. 2nd before the election day. They used her again 1-2 days ago when the Blagojevich 'report' was released but Obama went to the ceremony. This guy is evil.

December 25, 2008 03:48 pm at 3:48 pm |
  7. Amber

Sorry there Jack, meant to say ELECTORAL LANDSLIDE.

Merry CHRISTmas to you out there in anal retentive land.

Oh, and by the way, President Barack Hussein Obama.

December 25, 2008 08:37 pm at 8:37 pm |