December 31st, 2008

Clintons to ring in the New Year in Times Square

2008 didn’t go quite as planned for either Clinton.
2008 didn’t go quite as planned for either Clinton.

(CNN) – Bill and Hillary Clinton will celebrate the end of the year in the heart of a city just as happy as they are to see the tail end of 2008, joining New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg to watch the crystal ball drop in Times Square tonight.

The former president and the secretary of state-designate share more with the mayor than an adopted hometown: former Clinton communications director Howard Wolfson has signed on to advise Bloomberg during his re-election bid.

Neither Clinton has ever endorsed Bloomberg, who was often a Wolfson target during past election cycles.

Filed under: Bill Clinton • Hillary Clinton
  1. Sherrol in Canada

Who cares!!

December 31, 2008 03:24 pm at 3:24 pm |
  2. Bill Clinton

Ahh...what could have been...

December 31, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  3. proudliberal-independent

that's good. their new administration is coming along, well ,now. folks are just so glad to see bush gone, that they dont care which one of these two takes over.

December 31, 2008 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  4. In Houston, TX

I don't care what anybody says, I have always loved the Clintons. They work hard for the people of the USA. They may have their personal problems, but we all have personal problems. Before Obama told mem YES WE CAN! I was on Hillary's bandwagon because I knew she would probably have the same kind of impact her husband did.
    I am glad she was named secretary of state. (a much more effective position than VP) And I wish her, the Democratic party, The Republican party, Conservatives and Liberals a Happy New Year.

I don't hate the opposing force, But, I do oppose them.
    We may disagree, argue and fight, But this is still ONE NATION!

December 31, 2008 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  5. A Woman In California For Obama

Let's hope they change their wicked ways. Oh well, here's to hoping.

December 31, 2008 03:27 pm at 3:27 pm |
  6. Mike O'Brien

Senator Hillary Clinton of New York and soon to be Secretary of State and ex-President Bill Clinton.., enjoy the New Year festivities. You 'earned' it.. Mike O'Brien in Butte, Montana

December 31, 2008 03:31 pm at 3:31 pm |
  7. WELCOME TO THE OBAMA SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAS THE MONEY THAT HILLARY OWES DISAPPEAR YET?????????

AMAZING WHAT POWER WILL BRING YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

December 31, 2008 03:33 pm at 3:33 pm |
  8. clifford

I wonder how long before Bill gets into trouble?

December 31, 2008 03:35 pm at 3:35 pm |
  9. kim

Happy New Year President Clinton and Secretary of State Clinton, you were a true inspiration in 2008 and I am sure that you will continue to be in 2009, although you were constantly kicked down and degraded as well as branded as racists by the turncoats, you got up dusted yourselves off and continued your good work, the person to whom it matters most knows your heart and your deeds, may he bless you as you move into 2009, for the others that will continue to persicute you he will deal with them in his own way and they will continue to ask why and how not once realizing that Karma is what it is.

December 31, 2008 03:36 pm at 3:36 pm |
  10. Light unto the nations

The Russians declare that Hamas is now ready for peace.
    Apparently they have seen the light.

December 31, 2008 03:38 pm at 3:38 pm |
  11. Newport News, VA

Well if they are going to spend the evening with Bloomberg, they should influence him to turn down the rhetoric on the Plaxico Burress incident. My gosh Bloomberg, the guy won NY a Superbowl. While they try to coerce him into doing that, i'm sure Bill will like to know how in the world Bloomberg got elected to a 3rd term. I bet Bill would have wanted a 3rd term in the White House rather than handing it over to "The Decider."

December 31, 2008 03:39 pm at 3:39 pm |
  12. tim

crap story again, CNN. Lets talk about real stories rather than gossip.

December 31, 2008 03:39 pm at 3:39 pm |
  13. Larry in Houston

I think they are a Great couple, he was a Great President (other than NAFTA) and she is going to be a Great SOS...
    (I think if he would to do it over again, he would not have done NAFTA)
    (That's killing our country) and people in the U.S. are having to lower their life styles, and such. (by making less)

Larry C.
    Houston, Texas

December 31, 2008 03:48 pm at 3:48 pm |
  14. Deb in Vegas

Why?

December 31, 2008 03:50 pm at 3:50 pm |
  15. Terry, Lakeland Florida

who cares?

December 31, 2008 03:50 pm at 3:50 pm |
  16. J.P.

I bet Bill is bummed Rudy closed down all the strip clubs and seedy book stores in Times Square... bummer, huh, Bill?

December 31, 2008 03:50 pm at 3:50 pm |
  17. BeefyDaddy

Sorry this is off topic here, but the atheism comments were closed:

First off, I am an atheist. However, I think this lawsuit is a joke designed just to raise awareness and frankly to bust b@lls.

If you do not want to say "So help me God" – just like in a court room – you have the legal right to say "I so affirm" without any religious ties.

Yes, I think religion is stupid. And yes I think people who believe in the bible are idiots. But that does not justify frivilous lawsuits that waste the court's time.

Peace out. Happy New Year.

December 31, 2008 03:56 pm at 3:56 pm |
  18. srishell

good news...i like to visit this site...

December 31, 2008 04:01 pm at 4:01 pm |
  19. Larry in Houston

They are the 2nd most inspiring couple in political history, as far
    as I'm concerned... John F. & Jackie were the First...

Larry C.
    Houston, Texas

December 31, 2008 04:05 pm at 4:05 pm |
  20. SMR

Happy New Year to President Clinton and OUR new GREAT Secretary of State Hillary. Us Americans have great optimism of our future now that we have OUTSTANDING LEADERSHIP IN PLACE starting 1-20 09. It is a STEEP HILL TO CLIMB, but unity of GREAT MINDS will overcome ALL.!!! 8 years of OBAMA, followed by 8 years of HILLARY is just what OUR GREAT NATION NEEDS to recover from OUR financial situation and OUR RESPECT around the world GOD BLESS YOU BOTH. LOVE , A HOPEFUL AMERICAN

December 31, 2008 04:05 pm at 4:05 pm |
  21. LM75

Sorry Clinton haters. Bill and Hillary aren't going anywhere. For you women haters, she bossy and he plays around. I know this hurts you but live with it.

December 31, 2008 04:06 pm at 4:06 pm |
  22. jaye

Love 'em or hate 'em the Clintons are way popular!
    I say KUDOS to them!!
    Happy New Year!!!

December 31, 2008 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  23. richard rohde

Together, who's paying?

December 31, 2008 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  24. Sherman in Atlanta

Happy New Year to the two greatest Republican agents that ever lived.Hows that New World Order thing coming along?Just one big happy world money making machine.

December 31, 2008 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  25. Former Obama Voter

I wish Bush could be President for four more years. This Democrat nonsense is ridiculous.

December 31, 2008 04:13 pm at 4:13 pm |