January 2nd, 2009

2009 political predictions: What will be the big story?

Barack Obama will take office with a big to-do list in front of him.
Barack Obama will take office with a big to-do list in front of him.

(CNN) - This past year was full of unexpected twists and turns on the campaign trail.

With a new president taking over and a host of problems awaiting him, there's no telling what will happen in 2009.

CNN's political analysts and contributors offered up some of their predictions for the upcoming year:

Full story

Filed under: Politics
  1. Proud American

My first prediction... I couldn't have said it better myself.

January 2, 2009 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  2. Indiana voter

@Proud American

You prove my earlier point. You have no happiness and you are full of hate. What a loser.

January 2, 2009 02:25 pm at 2:25 pm |
  3. southerncousin

I believe George Soros has paid for the media to stop the economic bad news on January 21rst. He created the crisis, now he will stop it so that he can say he was right.

January 2, 2009 02:26 pm at 2:26 pm |
  4. clifford

It's amazing to me that the Bush bas.hers who have been doing so for the last eight years suddenly have amnesia!! Shouldn't be bit.chin about a sliver of wood in someone else's eye when you have a LOG in your own!!

January 2, 2009 02:27 pm at 2:27 pm |
  5. Sye the Pychic

I predict Rush will choke on his own cigar while trying to remove it from his own orfice.Lmao

January 2, 2009 02:28 pm at 2:28 pm |
  6. Melissa

I'm with "facts are facts" on this one. The hatred I've been seeing on here by Obama haters is disgusting.

January 2, 2009 02:29 pm at 2:29 pm |
  7. Prozac

Our sales will skyrocket.

January 2, 2009 02:30 pm at 2:30 pm |
  8. Mari

IN 2009...........

The far-right-hate-mongers will continue to spew hate, lies, fear and division!

The NORMAL people will continue to give HOPE, UNITY & PEACE a chance!

President OBAMA WILL begin to SOLVE SOME of the BUSH DISASTER!

OUR ECONOMY WILL SLOWLY START TO MAKE A RECOVERY!

AMERICANS WILL START TO EMBRACE .........HOPE......... AND FLUSH ........FEAR DOWN THE TOILET WHERE IT BELONGS!!

HOPE WON...........HOPE WON.............HOPE WON.........YES WE CAN!

AND...........YES.............WE........WILL!

January 2, 2009 02:32 pm at 2:32 pm |
  9. clifford

Mike Syracuse n.y.: In reference to #6 on your list I am already sporting my bumper sticker which reads,"Don't blame me I voted McCain!! I thought I would catch alot of heck for it but mostly it's a toot of a horn and the thumbs up!

January 2, 2009 02:34 pm at 2:34 pm |
  10. President Barack Obama

Griff- Wrote
    CNN's last comment… Opra Wintery… You mentioned John McCain .. So even CNN lie… Opra Wintery would never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Barack Obama??? Opra WIntery… Same Crap! You either get your fact right, or cut the Crap Glorifying Idiot Obama…. Stop all this programing of the Public….. You are not around to Brain Wash CNN…

You sound like a RETARD maybe you should blogging in Nickelodeon Site. Trust me he's not alone...... There are a ton of idiots on this site. There should be Idiot screen before you are allowed to blog.
    Knowledge- I couldnt agree with you more!!

January 2, 2009 02:37 pm at 2:37 pm |
  11. George Bush

@Shaz

You like everybody else here calling other people "idiots" for posting their opinions, should learn one thing: name calling does not hurt people, flying shoes do!!!!!

Some of your people need to get a sense of humor and CNN should do a better job at filtering the name calling and bigotry.

January 2, 2009 02:38 pm at 2:38 pm |
  12. former republican

All I can say is good luck, and in reality it will take way longer than 2009 to clean up the mess that Bush left behind. What a legacy!

January 2, 2009 02:40 pm at 2:40 pm |
  13. clifford

catmom: Excuse me! but where was your head in the 1990's? Bill Clinton destroyed himself!!

January 2, 2009 02:41 pm at 2:41 pm |
  14. John Milligan

Big Story – Obama's ability or inability to start connecting the current vast and growing ends-means disconnects in US Domestic and International Policy. That will be the key determinant on a successful Presidency and we should have a good read on that by year's end. I am confident he can be successful, but nothing is inevitable until it happens as History teaches us above all.

January 2, 2009 02:42 pm at 2:42 pm |
  15. aware

The honeymoon will be over! :)

PEBO will get a belated vetting as Chicago political pollution continues to foul the air!

And "we the people" will insist on representation with an authentic moral core!

The new mantra will be: Enough of greedy, cheating, prevaricating, and manipulating obfuscators who have hijacked power for personal gain. :(

January 2, 2009 02:43 pm at 2:43 pm |
  16. clifford

ACORN voter fraud will lead to indictments in 2009!

January 2, 2009 02:48 pm at 2:48 pm |