January 2nd, 2009

WPVI: Biden cufflinks bought at thrift store

A Pennsylvania man purchased a shirt at a thrift store containing what appears to be Vice President-elect Joe Biden's cufflinks.

John Pickens walked into one of his neighborhood thrift shops like he does almost every other week. He was looking for a white collared shirt. He found not one but three. When he got home he found even more: It still had what are apparently cufflinks belonging to Vice President-elect Joseph Biden.

"I looked at the shirt. It say Brooks Brothers," John Pickens told Action News, "I say, 'Oh man. This really looks good too.' I said, 'French cuffs, this really looks good too.'"

The shirts were clean and crisp on the rack, except for one.

Full story from WPVI

Filed under: Joe Biden
  1. julie ashcraft

It's inspirational to read this story about an honest person–especially when the headlines are full of Ponzi schemers and badly managed big businesses demanding bailouts! I hope VP-elect Biden invites Mr. Pickens to the White House, allows him to return the cufflinks, and gives Mr. Pickens a photograph of himself shaking hands with VP Biden and a framed letter of thanks handwritten by VP Biden–and/or some other honor for being an honest person.

January 2, 2009 03:35 pm at 3:35 pm |
  2. flybyshoeing

Strange story. How did they end up in Collingdale PA? The link is even better. They are 24k gold. Better yet are some of the comments. It is a real Joe Biden hate fest. Somehow loosing his cufflinks turned him into a baby killer.

January 2, 2009 03:44 pm at 3:44 pm |
  3. KJL

The Biden's are moving and someone cleaned his closet too fast.

January 2, 2009 03:48 pm at 3:48 pm |
  4. A Canuck

Good grief !!!!....Is this the best news you guys can come up with ????

January 2, 2009 04:02 pm at 4:02 pm |
  5. Lauren the Designer

@ Matt of Chicago...

First of all, nowhere in the article did it say the shirt was new. Second of all, he was not "throwing away" anything. Clothes don't end up in a thrift store because someone threw them in the trash...they end up there because someone was cleaning out their closet. I clean out my closet and donate clothes at least once a year.

Personally, I think it's very cool that Joe Biden does that, too. As far as this relevancy of this story to anything...I'd rather read about cufflinks than see another Palin story.

January 2, 2009 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  6. richard rohde

Although I can't spell idiot as well as Proud American, I have to say that the rabid libs attacking the repubs on this one are yutz's.

January 2, 2009 04:34 pm at 4:34 pm |