January 4th, 2009

Bush 41: Now probably a ‘bad time’ for Jeb to run for W.H.

Former President George H. W. Bush says son, Jeb, possesses all the qualities necessary to win the White House.

WASHINGTON (CNN) – His son hasn’t left the White House yet, but former president George H. W. Bush is already thinking about the next Bush who might one day move in. The elder Bush says his oldest son, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, has all the qualities necessary to occupy the Oval Office.

“I’d like to see him run, I’d like to see him be president some day,” the nation’s 41st chief executive declared on “Fox News Sunday.” He is “as qualified and as able as anyone I know in the political scene."

However, the senior Bush acknowledged, “Right now is probably a bad time, because we've got enough Bushes in there.”

In the meantime, the former president suggested his son would make an “outstanding senator” because Jeb “really has a feel for people, the issues in Florida and nationally, and his political days ought not to be over, says his old father.”

The current President Bush agrees, openly saying he would like to see his brother run for the Florida Senate seat, replacing outgoing Republican incumbent Mel Martinez in 2010.

1. Meka

Sorry to tell you 'Former Pres Bush', but this is the same 'Bush' that is linked to "Savings and Loan-Keating" SAGA.

You were the "BEST OF THE BUSH'S" . . . AMERICA'S HAD ENOUGH !

January 4, 2009 04:59 pm at 4:59 pm |
  2. Andrew

I do not think another Bush in the White House is best right now. This may happen when pigs fly but then again never say never. Remember Election 2000 and2004. Nuff said

January 4, 2009 04:59 pm at 4:59 pm |
  3. NO KENNEDY

Harry Reid is the worst man who ever breathed.

January 4, 2009 05:00 pm at 5:00 pm |
  4. Mike B.

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.

I think the vast majority of Americans would say OVER OUR DEAD BODIES to that idea. No more Bushes!

January 4, 2009 05:00 pm at 5:00 pm |
  5. Jk

I think the dynasty politics needs to come to an end. Down with the Kennedy's Dole's and Bush families.

January 4, 2009 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |
  6. Al

They should be happy that Bush-the-decider is not in prison yet.

January 4, 2009 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |
  7. Rosa, b'ham al

YA think. How long will it take for everyone to forget how bad Bush 43 was before we go through that again. Personally I don't think Jeb would be as bad as George but I am not willing to take a chance.

January 4, 2009 05:01 pm at 5:01 pm |
  8. Slim

yea, he has a real feel for destroying people's lives

January 4, 2009 05:04 pm at 5:04 pm |
  9. Alicia

Why not...he knows how to fix an election? He fixed Florida for his dufus brother.

This family is not looking good. The father, I was okay with. But he was not our most memorable president 'Read my lips....no new taxes.'. Yeah right.

Please don't put anymore pain on the American people, even with the smart son.

January 4, 2009 05:05 pm at 5:05 pm |
  10. Juan Grain

He will loose in FL too. We will organize and make sure of it.

January 4, 2009 05:06 pm at 5:06 pm |
  11. Sydelle B. Schatz

Please Please, DON'T run, I live in Florida. The ONLY thing that JEB knows how to do well is prepaire for Hurricans. He does a bang up job on that subject. He woud do a real good job running FEMA. Other wise he is just is just another Bumbling Bush.

January 4, 2009 05:07 pm at 5:07 pm |
  12. paul brown

Bush # 1 was an idiot, Bush # 2 without a doubt was an idiot, and now we should try the trifecta. I don't think so.

January 4, 2009 05:08 pm at 5:08 pm |
  13. Texas Teacher

------------------------
    Duh! Understatement! I'm sure you will do your best to push him through by hook or crook just as you did Georgie boy.

Seriously, since you republicans have been so drunk with power and out of control... I guess you have not notice that the rest of us are paying for your rape of the nation.... as we lay bleeding!

Anyone with half a brain knows that you, Bush Sr. and your buddy boy, Cheney, along with your other black hearted gang are the ones who have been running this country.... while the bumbling village idiot you call your son has been posturing in front of the camera! I'll bet when Cheney was hiden in an undisclosed location, you were right there with him!

God help this country, if it falls for the Bush Gang one more time!

January 4, 2009 05:09 pm at 5:09 pm |
  14. steve

I am sick of bushies and will be in the future, you repulicans are idiots the way you just stick to these dolts, its a bad family prone to substance abuse issues, mediocrity and arrogance, they are children of the rich and THAT is how they get a head, let this dynasty end with the worst president in our nations history, let them go out and get real jobs, let them clean up their own messes, I'm sure jeb is better than his brother but big deal who isn't???

January 4, 2009 05:09 pm at 5:09 pm |
  15. Proud American

Wow that picture speaks volumes ( looks like their having a Jerry Springer moment). How many more Idiots are there in this family? Mr Bush I believe I speak for the entire country when I say. Your Kidding right?

January 4, 2009 05:10 pm at 5:10 pm |
  16. Wall Street Gangsta

Great Idea, pops. Just go ahead and guarantee the democrats another victory!

January 4, 2009 05:11 pm at 5:11 pm |
  17. still searching for constitutional equality

this is one Floridian who will never vote for a Bush, for anything

January 4, 2009 05:12 pm at 5:12 pm |
  18. Gail

CNN – we've all seen what the Bush family has and has tried to do to our Country – NEVER AGAIN!

January 4, 2009 05:12 pm at 5:12 pm |
  19. Proud American

Americans don't be so quick to put the Bush's down. You never know when were going to need another Idiot for President. You should always keep a Bush in reserve just in case.

January 4, 2009 05:13 pm at 5:13 pm |
  20. James from NC

We voted for two freaking cowboys...That have their own RANCH! C'mon America, we can do better than that.

January 4, 2009 05:14 pm at 5:14 pm |
  21. charkey

lol i guess in 2012 Obama would love to finally run against bush ..... thats whywe'll have president Obama till 2016 the republicans cant find anyone with his spunk and stuff lol

January 4, 2009 05:14 pm at 5:14 pm |
  22. wendy

Unfortunately, the wrong Bush occupied the White House during the last 8 years. Bush Jr. never liked his job except for the photo ops. Which is why we are seeing the repercussions of his yearly monthly vacations. He has been a disaster.
    I can proudly say I never voted for him. I didn't want a person who I could have a beer with in the White House. I wanted someone with drive and BRAINS!!!!!!

January 4, 2009 05:15 pm at 5:15 pm |
  23. Wes

Of course he would like to see Jeb as president. That would mean shady corporate deals, oil and arm company scams driven by needless wars, the poverty line increasing, while they drown in a few more hundreds of millions of dollars. This man probably already promised the Saudis that he will deliver another Bush puppet into the White House. I pray to God that we don't get fooled again.

January 4, 2009 05:16 pm at 5:16 pm |
  24. PA

OMG Like Father Like Sons! This family has no shame. One son reduced America to near ashes and Daddy has been singing his praises and patting his back throughout the long eight year nightmare! And when Daddy couldn't get the words out due to blubbering tears, Mommy stepped up to the plate! But even that wasn't enough, now Daddy's endorsing his eldest son! Maybe Mommy Barbra could push a few gears to get Hillary out of way and run for her Senate seat to give Jeb time to grow up and/or shake off Georgie's Trench Ratings! GAG!

January 4, 2009 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |
  25. TexAnnie *-*-*-*-*

Yeah, Jeb Bush & Sarah Palin..... now there's a ticket for ya......
    one from he**.