January 8th, 2009

Joe the plumber headed to Middle East

Then-Sen. Obama's chance meeting with Wurzelbacher on the campaign trail in October turned the Ohio plumber into a nationally-known figure.

(CNN) – Joe Wurzelbacher: Plumber. Campaign celebrity. Foreign correspondent?

‘Joe the Plumber’ is headed overseas to try his hand at covering the conflict in Gaza, Wurzelbacher’s publicist Thomas Tabback confirmed to CNN Wednesday.

Wurzelbacher plans to spend 10 days in Israel reporting on the conflict for pjtv.com, a Web site run by conservative media outlet Pajamas Media.

The famous plumber will be focusing on the Israeli perspective on the situation. "It's tragic, I mean it really is,” Wurzelbacher told CNN affiliate WNWO “I don't say that in any little way. It's very tragic, but at the same time what are the Israeli people supposed to do.”

Wurzelbacher told WNWO he’s not worried about the potential dangers of his new gig. "Being a Christian I'm pretty well protected by God I believe. That's not saying he's going to stop a mortar for me, but you gotta take the chance,” he told the CNN affiliate.

“Israeli officials are very excited to have him,” Tabback told CNN.

Filed under: Joe the plumber • Popular Posts
  1. Nelson

I hope this is a joke

January 7, 2009 03:52 pm at 3:52 pm |
  2. http://rogerbell.blogspot.com

With all of the tunnels reported in Gaza, maybe Joe can fit some pipes while he is there, if he can get his license.

Maybe, he should have taken Britney and Paris with him too. If one celebrity can make a journalist, I bet three celebrities can make 1 1/2 or 2 journalists.

January 7, 2009 03:53 pm at 3:53 pm |
  3. Vkaskhduuej

Sarah Palin / Joe the Plumber versus Obama / Biden in 2012! They can kick it off with a round of debates moderated by Katie Couric.

January 7, 2009 03:54 pm at 3:54 pm |
  4. Hope for the future

ROFL, you go Joe.....and don't bother coming back. One less air head means this country is heading in the right direction.

CNN, you are quickly turning into another Fox News station. Time to find some stations for people with brains.

January 7, 2009 03:56 pm at 3:56 pm |
  5. Joseph, Los Angeles

As long as my tax dollars are not paying for that stupid trip, I don't care where he goes.

By the way; I really don't care about this story CNN. Find some real stories to report. It is well known that this person was a fake to begin with and you keep giving him 5 minutes.

January 7, 2009 03:58 pm at 3:58 pm |
  6. obama-mama

Bob the builder, spongebob the squarepants, patrick the star fish, and so on and so on and so on....I haven't giggled this much in a long time.

January 7, 2009 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  7. Meh

TCM> Why does that matter? The guy is a liar and a Republican plant, not some innocent random person. I'm *glad* someone dug up his *real* agenda and put the McCain campaign in their place. The Bush campaign played dirty when he ran against Kerry...to the point of lying about the man's service record...were you complaining about that, too?
    The public deserves to know the actual truth. THAT is how you run a campaign.
    As for Joe, he has a nerve to think that he has some special protection from god just b/c he's a Christian (wow, I thought Christians weren't supposed to "bear false witness. Interesting). So I guess all the Palestinians dying right now are hated by god or something...
    They are welcome to keep him.

January 7, 2009 03:59 pm at 3:59 pm |
  8. Lisa

so true Doug. Very mean. Palin didn't have a chance because she vauled being a wife and mother.

January 7, 2009 04:01 pm at 4:01 pm |
  9. Sherrol in Canada

Just like the Palins, he keeps coming back. Go away Joe, your 15mins is up!

January 7, 2009 04:01 pm at 4:01 pm |
  10. Getting It Right

Only in America! Singing song in my head.

Can a plumber who is not a plumber write a book (ghost written), obtain obsessive media coverage and become a journalist – no resume/skills required.

You can be what you want if provided with the right opportunity (in most cases).

January 7, 2009 04:01 pm at 4:01 pm |
  11. Carl from MI

This guy's an idiot and deserves to get shot over there...

Redneck Republicans pick the STOOPIDEST people to be their heroes!! Maybe Palin will pick him as her running mate for the next election!! I can see it now... Dumb and Dumberer!!

When did STOOPID become glamorous and desireable to the Republican Party? You guys made this guy... seriously, tell him to sit down and shut up before he hurts himself!!

January 7, 2009 04:02 pm at 4:02 pm |
  12. Randy

And who is paying for this little venture? He falsely stated his potential income that may cause him to pay higher taxes. Then, since he is un-licensed to do plumbing, lost any real job opportunity other than a laborer.
    If you buy a company that requires certain certificates and licenses to operate, you have to hire and pay, above the normal rate, someone with those creditials in order to continue operating. Apparently, "Joe the Plumber" will no longer be a plumber, so the point to the campaign BS is moot!
    He has no plumbing license, no ability to purchase the plumbing company, and no plumbing job!
    He is a joke and so will be any of his articles since he really isn't a journalist.

January 7, 2009 04:02 pm at 4:02 pm |
  13. Joe

We are still talking about this guy? Seriously....who cares?

January 7, 2009 04:03 pm at 4:03 pm |
  14. D-MI

hey TCM:

When you stick your nose into public life- and keep it there long after you've clearly worn out your welcome- you aren't a "private citizen": you're a public figure. Get your definitions straight, brainiac...

January 7, 2009 04:03 pm at 4:03 pm |
  15. sky

Please tell me you are joking......he and Palin can do a Looney Toons tour.....
    that's what I want....the most inept people on the planet going to represent my country.....Jethro and Ellie May......goin for a dip in the ceement pond

January 7, 2009 04:04 pm at 4:04 pm |
  16. obama-mama

I hope they at least got him some new clothes to wear. Tired of seeing him in thermals.

January 7, 2009 04:05 pm at 4:05 pm |
  17. Sherrol in Canada

I can't believe CNN keeps posting rantings and gibberish from Griff and only about 1 in 5 comments from sane people.

January 7, 2009 04:06 pm at 4:06 pm |
  18. Joe

Aw c'mon Doug, give me a break. The average lib wants a conservative dead. A bit dramatic aren't you? I live in a blue state and have yet to see any bumper sticker like that. I think you may be listening to Limbaugh and Hannity too much. Get an original thought and stop singing from their handbook. Before you draw your conclusion that I'm an "average-Lib", guess again. I am an independent but carry common sense and no bias. You really believe that a lib would be a suicide bomber? Pretty stupid thinking on your part. Get an original thought and stop drinking the Limbaugh/Hannity Kool-Aid. You have made them both very rich men.

January 7, 2009 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  19. Carl from MI

Hey Doug... you're an idiot too.

I don't know any Dems or Liberal that would be 'STRAPING' C4 to their chests anytime soon or even if Obama asked them to.

Do you just make this crap up, or did you get it from Bill-O the Clown or Rush the Comedian?

When it comes to intolerance... Conservatives take the cake and you know it. Bill-O, Rush, Coulter-geist, FIXed News and the rest of the gang take intolerance to new levels, beyond anything Dems are guilty of.

You know how I know? Because the Republican Party is the party of INCLUSION, right? Right....

January 7, 2009 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  20. Brandon

lol. This guy is such a clown. Get off the screen.

January 7, 2009 04:08 pm at 4:08 pm |
  21. sick n tired

COMMUNUNISTS

January 7, 2009 04:09 pm at 4:09 pm |
  22. Sherrol in Canada

Watch out Anderson and Christiane, he's planning on showing you.

hahahahah............LOL.............LOL