January 13th, 2009

Palin slams 'bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie'

Palin has given a steady stream of interviews since Election Day.
Palin has given a steady stream of interviews since Election Day.

(CNN) - Sarah Palin fired a new salvo in her war on the media, unloading in a new interview on her home state paper and “bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie.”

The Alaska governor, who has granted a steady stream of interviews since Election Day, also told an Esquire reporter that she wishes she had told McCain campaign advisors she’d be “callin’ some of the shots.”

"Bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie annoy me....I'll tell you, yesterday the Anchorage Daily News, they called again to ask — double-, triple-, quadruple-check — who is Trig's real mom,” she said, in an interview to be published in the magazine’s March issue.

“And I said, Come on, are you kidding me? We're gonna answer this? Do you not believe me or my doctor? And they said, No, it's been quite cryptic the way that my son's birth has been discussed. And I thought, Okay, more indication of continued problems in the world of journalism."

The former Republican vice presidential candidate said again she regretted not taking a greater leadership role during the campaign season. "If I were giving advice to myself back on the day my candidacy was announced, I'd say, Tell the campaign that you'll be callin' some of the shots,” she said. “Don't just assume that they know you well enough to make all your decisions for ya. Let them know that you're the CEO of a state, you're forty-four years old, you've got a lot of great life experience that can be put to good use as a candidate."

Despite a season of barbs aimed at the coastal elites, Palin seemed to offer an olive branch to the Big Apple: "I would think we all tear up during the national anthem at the beginning of a baseball game, don't we? That's an alikeness between Alaskans and New Yorkers," she said.

Update: In an Anchorage Daily News column published last week, the paper's editor said the only questions reporters there had asked about Trig's birth came when the paper undertook a project to debunk conspiracy theories surrounding the event, but that they had abandoned the effort because of a lack of cooperation from the Palin family.

"I don't believe we have ever published in the newspaper a story, a letter, a column or anything alleging a coverup surrounding your maternity," wrote the editor in an e-mail sent to Palin and reprinted on the paper's blog. "In fact, my integrity and the integrity of the newspaper have been repeatedly attacked in national forums for our complicity in the 'coverup.'

Later, he added: "...So I don’t understand the behavior of the governor’s press office. Did the governor not share my email with the press staff? Did the press staff deliberately ignore what I said in order to have a longer list of press 'outrages'? Or are they just sloppy with details? I don’t know."

Filed under: Sarah Palin
soundoff (2,659 Responses)
  1. minnnesota liberal

Wow Palin v. Obama I think that's her mindset but I hav to say Sarah has no chance!

January 13, 2009 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  2. Melinda

This strange woman has already gone past her 15 minutes.
    Turn off the mic and tell her to try learning how to be a governor.
    The other night they showed a segment of a recently interview
    of her from a right wing show. On the screen with her face was
    a line across the bottom that said (ironically) HOW BARACK OBAMA
    WON THE ELECTION. That says it all. Move on....nothing to see here...

January 13, 2009 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  3. KG

Sarah Palin – ignorance and arrogance combined.

January 13, 2009 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  4. ron

Sarah you give me gas, go take a hike on your bridge to nowhere...and have a sip of vodka from your Russian neighbors

January 13, 2009 04:44 pm at 4:44 pm |
  5. Omar

Could someone tell Mrs Palin she need stop yapping at every foolish statement that is made!!!

January 13, 2009 04:45 pm at 4:45 pm |
  6. LYNETTE IN CA

Why is she still talking??

January 13, 2009 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  7. Viva

She has never – ever – been to far western Alaska. She can only see Russia from her imagination.

January 13, 2009 04:47 pm at 4:47 pm |
  8. Osprey

Is this the same Palin who was going to balance the federal budget in 4 years, per her Hail Mary Promise near the election? That was part of her campaign stump speech for a few days until apparently even she realized what a joke her statement was. Palin is no different than the bloggers she accuses of lying...

January 13, 2009 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  9. Leishtek

Alaska country trash? Yep!

January 13, 2009 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  10. Boston Irish

I am really getting fed up with CNN Ticker. All the comments I make are "Awaiting Moderation". I don't know if this is relevant or not, but I'm not an Obama supporter at all, but I am not rude and nasty with my comments, just not pro Obama.

January 13, 2009 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  11. Christopher

Palin is pathetic. She symbolizes the last gasp of the neo-con reigeme. A movement away from the social right will restore credibility to the party. Let the religious extremists and the other social right wingers form their own party.

January 13, 2009 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  12. val

Sarah,53 percent of Americans you couldn't fool. Quite seriously you need to get mental health treatment. I believe you are narssitic and incapable realizing that you were one of the causes that lead to Mccains defeat. You have unrealistic high opinion of yourself and you believe that once you became the VP candiditate all the americans fall in love with you, just the way you are in love with yourself. For once the media did their job in disclosing that you unworthy and not qualified for the office you were running for. You are not want our country needs and wants! I believe Mccain loves this country and he knows now he made a huge mistake by picking you as his running mate. But you Sarah on the other hand is one sick hockey mom. Instead of Country First,it should have been Palin First.

January 13, 2009 04:51 pm at 4:51 pm |
  13. Riley

Alikeness is NOT a word, Sarah

January 13, 2009 04:51 pm at 4:51 pm |
  14. Chris in Va.

Sit down and shut up Tundra Trash, your 15 minutes is long over!

January 13, 2009 04:51 pm at 4:51 pm |
  15. Patty

Learn how to speak correct English or shut up.

January 13, 2009 04:52 pm at 4:52 pm |
  16. Dallas John

Go Palin Go, Keep it up and keep telling the world you represent the Republican Party.

January 13, 2009 04:53 pm at 4:53 pm |
  17. duffy

Sarah, Why do you insist on opening your mouth and confirming to all of the world how ill- equipped you were/are to be a candidate for higher office? I have a suggestion: Shut mouth. Please, shut mouth. Take responsibility for your actions, such as being willing to put your family under a microscope, and quit blaming everyone else. You made it all happen. All of this goes to prove that "ordinary" people are not what we want for presidential candidates. We want super smart people who can speak well and who command respect from other leaders on substance, not style. Stop blaming the media. All they did was hold up the window for the American public to look through. What they saw was you and it made us all shudder. If you are not a strong swimmer, Sarah, stay away from the deep end.

January 13, 2009 04:53 pm at 4:53 pm |
  18. joe

I switched parties when obama won. Sara Palin did well. The tone in the nation prevented any republican from being elected. We all know that.

January 13, 2009 04:53 pm at 4:53 pm |
  19. Julia

"But Palin said she had adopted a philosophical attitude on the downside of the spotlight. "You have to let it go,” she said. “Even hard news sources, credible news sources — the comment about, you can see Russia from Alaska. You can! You can see Russia from Alaska. Something like that — a factual statement that was taken out of context and mocked — what you have to do is let that go."

SARAH. TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE AND LET IT GO, ALREADY. The 15 minutes is over. Get back to the job you're being paid to do in Alaska and shut up. You're two months past being old news.

January 13, 2009 04:54 pm at 4:54 pm |
  20. Marsha - Va

Please do not cover this woman anymore. The sooner we all ignore her, the sooner we can be free of her 1/2 sentences and butchering of the English language. Buy her a "G" please!!!!! She's an IDIOT!!!

January 13, 2009 04:54 pm at 4:54 pm |
  21. Vegas Barbie for Obama

Hmmm, who is worse, "pathetic bloggers who lie" or so-called "news papers" that lie (i.e., the Enquirer? She is REALLY scraping the bottom for attention now!) or pathetic, undereducated politicians who lie at the potential expense of having an inept leader like Sarah Palin with the potential of sitting in the big chair and making decisions that would affect way more than the 600,000 some-odd people who live in her state in the back of beyond. Every time she opens her mouth she digs herself deeper. It is entertaining by this point.

January 13, 2009 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  22. Mary Ellen Heitmann

As a "CEO of a state, and a 44 year old woman with a lot of great life experience" – per Sarah Palin... You would think that she would know to end a sentence with "you" not "ya". If you want to be a leader, it helps if you sound like one.

January 13, 2009 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  23. Blue State NC

Wow, Jim is the model angry Republican. Jim, that is why your party is dying. Now, go cling to your guns and religion.

January 13, 2009 04:55 pm at 4:55 pm |
  24. madison

She is like a bad dream that never ends.

January 13, 2009 04:56 pm at 4:56 pm |
  25. I can see this is a conspiracy

It is TRIG gate

I hope they never stop, this really is funnier than the Springer show, I would pay to see Palin on TV, maybe she could duke it out with Rosanne Barr over someone else's husband

Very funny, I absolutely love you Palin, you are the gift that keeps on throwing us a bone, don't retreat from the spotlight

Long live Palin, run in the next Presidential election, and absolutely under no circumstance stop denying that TRIG is who evers baby, because that is very important to clear up

January 13, 2009 04:56 pm at 4:56 pm |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107