January 13th, 2009

Palin slams 'bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie'

Palin has given a steady stream of interviews since Election Day.
Palin has given a steady stream of interviews since Election Day.

(CNN) - Sarah Palin fired a new salvo in her war on the media, unloading in a new interview on her home state paper and “bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie.”

The Alaska governor, who has granted a steady stream of interviews since Election Day, also told an Esquire reporter that she wishes she had told McCain campaign advisors she’d be “callin’ some of the shots.”

"Bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie annoy me....I'll tell you, yesterday the Anchorage Daily News, they called again to ask — double-, triple-, quadruple-check — who is Trig's real mom,” she said, in an interview to be published in the magazine’s March issue.

“And I said, Come on, are you kidding me? We're gonna answer this? Do you not believe me or my doctor? And they said, No, it's been quite cryptic the way that my son's birth has been discussed. And I thought, Okay, more indication of continued problems in the world of journalism."

But Palin said she had adopted a philosophical attitude on the downside of the spotlight. "You have to let it go,” she said. “Even hard news sources, credible news sources — the comment about, you can see Russia from Alaska. You can! You can see Russia from Alaska. Something like that — a factual statement that was taken out of context and mocked — what you have to do is let that go."

The former Republican vice presidential candidate said again she regretted not taking a greater leadership role during the campaign season. "If I were giving advice to myself back on the day my candidacy was announced, I'd say, Tell the campaign that you'll be callin' some of the shots,” she said. “Don't just assume that they know you well enough to make all your decisions for ya. Let them know that you're the CEO of a state, you're forty-four years old, you've got a lot of great life experience that can be put to good use as a candidate."

Despite a season of barbs aimed at the coastal elites, Palin seemed to offer an olive branch to the Big Apple: "I would think we all tear up during the national anthem at the beginning of a baseball game, don't we? That's an alikeness between Alaskans and New Yorkers," she said.

Update: In an Anchorage Daily News column published last week, the paper's editor said the only questions reporters there had asked about Trig's birth came when the paper undertook a project to debunk conspiracy theories surrounding the event, but that they had abandoned the effort because of a lack of cooperation from the Palin family.

"I don't believe we have ever published in the newspaper a story, a letter, a column or anything alleging a coverup surrounding your maternity," wrote the editor in an e-mail sent to Palin and reprinted on the paper's blog. "In fact, my integrity and the integrity of the newspaper have been repeatedly attacked in national forums for our complicity in the 'coverup.'

Later, he added: "...So I don’t understand the behavior of the governor’s press office. Did the governor not share my email with the press staff? Did the press staff deliberately ignore what I said in order to have a longer list of press 'outrages'? Or are they just sloppy with details? I don’t know."

Filed under: Sarah Palin
soundoff (2,659 Responses)
  1. Just Release Medical Records

One of the biggest mistakes Palin fails to realize is that the media will continue to come after you until you release records to nulify or verify facts and timeline.

Obama has to release his birth certificate to prove he was born in Hawaii, and the validity of the certificate was still a subject by many Republican pundits.

So Madam Palin, just telling us you gave birth to Trig or your doctor telling us that is not enough. Releasing a letter of fitness from your doctor with no medical records is not enough...and if you dont like it all, then just ignore the media and go away.

But i dont think you want to go away, so give us the facts and let the professional medical teams at CNN dissect it all.

2. tony

GO AWAY SARAH!! YOU ARE NOT POPULAR! NO ONE LIKES YOU! IF YOU CALLED ANY OF THE SHOTS THE REPUBLICANS WOULD NOT HAVE GOTTEN ONE ELECTORAL VOTE!

3. RLG, Real Virginia

She should have been “callin’ some of the shots?” "That's an alikeness"?

She still hasn't figured out that we only saw her for exactly what she is: an ignorant, power hungry, self-centered diva.

If this has taught America ANYTHING, it should be that we dodged a huge bullet keeping this mental midget away from anything remotely resembling a position of influence and responsibility.

4. frank

I believe that Sarah just said that New Yorkers have an "alikeness" with baseball fans in Alaska. Wow! I never really thought of it that way before. See it's insight like that that the RNC stiffled during the campaign. When she runs for the presidency I look forward to endless insights of this caliber. I can't wait.

5. David M

Did Palin ever release her medical records? That would stop all of the "Who is real Trig's mom?" questions. If she never released the records, then it's just another case of "I refuse to play by the rules, and will complain when people call me on it."

6. mark

This woman is nuts. She really thinks the majority cares about her and her lifestyle. She is no better than the fame addicts like Spencer and Heidi.

7. Scott

Sarah who?

8. BAMAMAN

Palin's continued attempts to re-write history are the exact reason we should all thank our lucky stars she didnt get elected. She is a wing-nut. The true Wasilla Hillbillies! Seriously, why doesnt she just shut up for a while. She just makes it worse for herself. Her political carreer is over now.

9. SA

Just go away!

10. Ruthie

Get off Governor Palin's back. This is a waste of bandwidth (and paper).
    The media is looking for any excuse to bash her, any excuse.

Go write a story about Joy Behar.

11. Agnes Fleming

I agree, leave the baby alone. This is not a subject for discussion and people should just mind their own business. However, my blogs were never anonymous and I always used my own name. Hence, I still feel the same about Sarah Palin. We just got through 8 years of one political lightweight, please, we do not need another one and Sarah, please follow the advice you have been given, keep your head down and learn something intelligent for a change.

12. alvino

I find it hard to believe she was the smarter of the two on the republican ticket.

13. PleaseDoMoreInterviews

funny, coming from a woman who didn't hesitate to take cheap shots at Obama.

I hope she keeps doing these interviews because she's making a great case against her own ability to hold higher office. blames the media for her own shortcomings instead of really letting it go? check. can't handle personal attacks? check. can't keep her own campaign in line?? check.

14. No to Palin in 2012

So she doesn't like bloggers who lie? Does this mean she distances herself from the zillions of rightwing filth out there claiming e.g., Obama is not a citizen, Democrats are communists, etc.?

15. Palinator

what an empty-suite douchebag

16. Alex in OR

dear god just GO AWAY

17. Joseph Lanthier, Santa Clarita CA

This lady is just scratching to stay alive in the media. As for the media, there's something my teaher used to say to use when someone was acting like an idiot all the time. " Just don't pay any attention, you're only encouraging her"

18. bob

Please, Please, Please stop reporting anything about this nobody!!!

January 13, 2009 12:13 pm at 12:13 pm |
  19. ayman

You are an Idiot, Pathetic, and most of all still bringing shame to people of Alska who elected you. My question is: "What the hell were Alskeans thinking when they put the State in your hands?.
    If you really care for the US, as you claim you do, you should have declined to be on the ticket as a VP nominee, because a 6 year old Kid would have impressed Ms. Couric, and every other reporter.
    Please GO AWAY.

January 13, 2009 12:13 pm at 12:13 pm |
  20. Jerry

Poor Sara....sounds a little like Richard Nixon....We realize that no moose ever said anything bad about you.....Grow up Sara if you want to play with the big boys and girls!

January 13, 2009 12:13 pm at 12:13 pm |
  21. Cori from Colorado

I don't doubt Trig is her son, but she proved to the world, on her very own, that she's a moron. She's the pathetic one, trying to run for V.P. of the U.S., and doesn't even know what the job entails. 5th graders know more than her. She will always be an imbecile, and she proves it through and through.

January 13, 2009 12:13 pm at 12:13 pm |
  22. Mary

It is a sad day when lies are spread as truth. Even worse is the widespread belief in anything written in a newspaper or on the internet. It doesn't appear that critical thinking is important to most people any more. I'm worried about the future of this country. When the bulk of the population doesn't care or stand up for the truth, we are all in trouble.

If you agree with her policies or not, she deserves to be treated fairly and with respect.

January 13, 2009 12:13 pm at 12:13 pm |
  23. Just a "normal Joe" blogger

Sarah, YOU are the one who claimed your primary foreign policy credential was that you could see Alaska. YOU. Nobody else. And as far as the continued "elites" dig, all of us who needed fewer than EIGHT colleges and SIX years to get our BA's will thank you for going away and leaving the rest of the country alone. If Alaska still wants you, they can have you.

January 13, 2009 12:13 pm at 12:13 pm |
  24. Michael

Who cares what Sarah Palin says? She should be ignored. Covering this at all is questionable journalism, in my opinion.

January 13, 2009 12:13 pm at 12:13 pm |
  25. David

Sarah... What else do you EXPECT after exposing yourself and whole family to media and said many crazy things such as "I can see Russia from my house"??

You are asking for it. You claimed that God called you to race of Vice Presidency. Yet, you lose terribly... All you care is to be a public stunt and sold your family to media for fame!

Nice try...

January 13, 2009 12:13 pm at 12:13 pm |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107