January 13th, 2009

Palin slams 'bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie'

Palin has given a steady stream of interviews since Election Day.
Palin has given a steady stream of interviews since Election Day.

(CNN) - Sarah Palin fired a new salvo in her war on the media, unloading in a new interview on her home state paper and “bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie.”

The Alaska governor, who has granted a steady stream of interviews since Election Day, also told an Esquire reporter that she wishes she had told McCain campaign advisors she’d be “callin’ some of the shots.”

"Bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie annoy me....I'll tell you, yesterday the Anchorage Daily News, they called again to ask — double-, triple-, quadruple-check — who is Trig's real mom,” she said, in an interview to be published in the magazine’s March issue.

“And I said, Come on, are you kidding me? We're gonna answer this? Do you not believe me or my doctor? And they said, No, it's been quite cryptic the way that my son's birth has been discussed. And I thought, Okay, more indication of continued problems in the world of journalism."

But Palin said she had adopted a philosophical attitude on the downside of the spotlight. "You have to let it go,” she said. “Even hard news sources, credible news sources — the comment about, you can see Russia from Alaska. You can! You can see Russia from Alaska. Something like that — a factual statement that was taken out of context and mocked — what you have to do is let that go."

The former Republican vice presidential candidate said again she regretted not taking a greater leadership role during the campaign season. "If I were giving advice to myself back on the day my candidacy was announced, I'd say, Tell the campaign that you'll be callin' some of the shots,” she said. “Don't just assume that they know you well enough to make all your decisions for ya. Let them know that you're the CEO of a state, you're forty-four years old, you've got a lot of great life experience that can be put to good use as a candidate."

Despite a season of barbs aimed at the coastal elites, Palin seemed to offer an olive branch to the Big Apple: "I would think we all tear up during the national anthem at the beginning of a baseball game, don't we? That's an alikeness between Alaskans and New Yorkers," she said.

Update: In an Anchorage Daily News column published last week, the paper's editor said the only questions reporters there had asked about Trig's birth came when the paper undertook a project to debunk conspiracy theories surrounding the event, but that they had abandoned the effort because of a lack of cooperation from the Palin family.

"I don't believe we have ever published in the newspaper a story, a letter, a column or anything alleging a coverup surrounding your maternity," wrote the editor in an e-mail sent to Palin and reprinted on the paper's blog. "In fact, my integrity and the integrity of the newspaper have been repeatedly attacked in national forums for our complicity in the 'coverup.'

Later, he added: "...So I don’t understand the behavior of the governor’s press office. Did the governor not share my email with the press staff? Did the press staff deliberately ignore what I said in order to have a longer list of press 'outrages'? Or are they just sloppy with details? I don’t know."

Filed under: Sarah Palin
soundoff (2,659 Responses)
  1. sabretooth

So I guess its okay for her to lie, but no one else? Please just make her go away. Oh and if she really wants the issue of Trig's birth mother to go away, just release the medical record. That would end it right there

January 13, 2009 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm |
  2. Connie

What part of "We're sick to death of you, Sarah" does this woman not understand?

January 13, 2009 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm |
  3. Senor

Is it me, or do you all pathetic bloggers need to get a life?

January 13, 2009 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm |
  4. George

Governor Sarah Palin, Please Please Please stop whining and grow up. A whole governor behaving like a kid. This is called free speech, no matter how unfortunate some of the comments made are. Humble yourself and go back to being a good, informed, and an effective governor. Thank you.

January 13, 2009 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm |
  5. Karla from Philly

Will this woman please keep her mouth shut!!!! I am so sick of seeing her on the news and listening to her stupidity. Goodbye already!

January 13, 2009 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm |
  6. Rob

"Alikeness?" Does she know she's making up words?

January 13, 2009 12:20 pm at 12:20 pm |
  7. Ray in IN

Wll then...I slam a boring, egotistical and pathetic ex-vice president nominee for her LIES!

8. Carole

Okay, has everyone had it with her blaming the media? This woman ran for the second highest office in the land. The 'media' was doing their job. People want to know all they can about who is one heartbeat away from the Presidency.

YOU Sarah made all the moronic remarks. YOU Sarah were fine saying blatant lies about President Obama. YOU Sarah trotted out your family. Why don't you take credit for any mistakes YOU Sarah made yourself!!!!

We blog about you because you are a trainwreck happening that we love to watch. It is the American way in the lower states as you call us. Even the not so American states as you call some of us.

Hi, Sarah....I am a bored blogger and like Garfield would say 'I resemble that remark'.

How are Sarah's grandson's, Twig, Trig, Gig or wateva!

9. Jazz

Why are you still reporting on a sore loser. Tell her to get her children act together and take care of her home. Also she needs to focus on her job and let the past go. She steped in sh!t and that is where it was left. Sarah go away.

10. Cheryl

I don't hear her whining about conservative bloggers or hate-talk radioheads. What an idiot.

11. G

No one cares I never even heard that rumor until you said it. You know how many magazines and blogs lie about celebrities you need to learn to brush it off and stop giving it any legs. Just say no that's not true and that's final. Also stop acting like its the mainstream media who has not even talked about this maybe a little of your own medicine rem obama is a terrorist, socialist lie will do you some good.

12. reelsofrhyme

Jesus just go away already.

13. navy

leave the lady alone-get a life

14. spencer

If you would stop making comments, people would stop writing articles.

15. Bored by SP

Enough already!
    Just stop writing about her and let her sink into well-deserved anonymity.
    The American public has a few other things to worry about than her inane remarks.

16. jcm

WHY cant she just crawl back under her alaskan rock!?

17. Matt B

SA, she would go away if people like you weren't so interested in her. You saw her name and her picture and you opened the article. The reality is she draws interest, from both sides of the aisle.

She make a good point here about her son though. It is disgusting the questions she is asked about him and by those that consider themselves true journalists. As for her being more vocal in the campaign, I think she was vocal enough.

18. Film Professor

This from someone who accused Obama of "palling around with terrorists"?

This from someone who thinks that Joe the Plumber has insights into how small business works?

19. Are you kidding me?

Honestly, if she is the face of the Republican party..You can count me out. This is absolutely sickening, I say. Sickening!

January 13, 2009 12:22 pm at 12:22 pm |
  20. brenda

msm HAS to continue to follow palin because she will be the first female US president come 2012. YOU peeps need to get used to that idea. stop denying the truth of the matter. you dont have to like it but you better acknowledge it.

January 13, 2009 12:22 pm at 12:22 pm |
  21. Christopher Douglas

So Sarah '09 would look back through time and tell Sarah '08 to tell "the Boys" that she would callin' some of the shots. That's the advice she would give herself if given the aid of a time machine. Not "Buy an Atlas." Not "Figure out who the Prime Minister of Canada is so I don't get Punked by a Canadian Morning Zoo Crew hours before the election." Not "Read the constitution so I don't continually mistate the role of the Vice President when asked what I would do if Elected, making me Kieth Olbermann's favorite punching bag and the laughing stock of the world." Not "Tell McCain to find an economic advisor for the campaign with more credibility than "Joe the Plumber."

The idiocy of this woman knows no bounds. Please Please Please stay in the limelight from now until the 2012 elections to ensure Democratic victories from now until then, and perhaps in perpetuity if the Republicans never figure out that White Power and God Guns and Gays are not the message that is going to lead them out of the desert that they have allowed Karl Rove and W. to lead them into. Go Sarah Go, Stupid Sells!!!!

January 13, 2009 12:22 pm at 12:22 pm |
  22. regina

Sarah WHO!!!!! I thought that cockroaches were the only thing that would survive... Guess maybe one more thing will SARAH

January 13, 2009 12:22 pm at 12:22 pm |
  23. Mia

Oh, come ON. I am still waiting to here her speak of some issues with substance. Yes, WE KNOW she is unhappy with the media rumors. Why doesn't she ask Barack Obama how he feels about the rumor that he is a Muslim and was not really born in America? Do you hear him still complaining about that?

She just needs to LET IT GO. The more she talks about it, the more it is going to get more press, and the more the rumors will keep flying.

She is right about telling the McCain camp that she should have called some of the shots. If she had realized that before the ticket had lost and stopped trashing Obama about pallin' around with terrorists, the outcome may have been different.

I suggest first she refrain from spreading rumors about her opponent before she complains about others spreading rumours about her. She needs to lead by example.

January 13, 2009 12:22 pm at 12:22 pm |
  24. Spencer

Sarah, Sarah, Sarah. You are wasting your time. I can see Russia on a Google satellite map, but does that make me an authority? No. Actually, the continued problems are with the Republican Party and your friends at the American Enterprise Institute like Bill Kristol who fell for your blather and your halibut cheeks, and now all of you are completely discredited. A word to the wise. While I find you very amusing, sort of like a black comedy sketch, you’re going to wear out your welcome with the people who support you if you keep giving interviews. By the time of the next election you will be as forgotten as any other flash-in-the-pan. People who would support a candidate with your credentials will have gone on to the next shallow sensation by summer. BTW, running a state is not like being the CEO of a company. States are usually not for profit entities to serve the people. Look at your friend George W who claimed to be a CEO and see where he brought us. Also CEOs usually have some education and experience and can speak clearly enough to be understood.
    Signed Pathetic Blogger

January 13, 2009 12:22 pm at 12:22 pm |
  25. Gatchaman

You go Sarah! Rip apart...they deserve it. And can someone please shut Joy Behar up? Why is she so obsessed with Sarah Palin? Get a life, Joy!

January 13, 2009 12:22 pm at 12:22 pm |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107