January 13th, 2009

Palin slams 'bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie'

Palin has given a steady stream of interviews since Election Day.
Palin has given a steady stream of interviews since Election Day.

(CNN) - Sarah Palin fired a new salvo in her war on the media, unloading in a new interview on her home state paper and “bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie.”

The Alaska governor, who has granted a steady stream of interviews since Election Day, also told an Esquire reporter that she wishes she had told McCain campaign advisors she’d be “callin’ some of the shots.”

"Bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie annoy me....I'll tell you, yesterday the Anchorage Daily News, they called again to ask — double-, triple-, quadruple-check — who is Trig's real mom,” she said, in an interview to be published in the magazine’s March issue.

“And I said, Come on, are you kidding me? We're gonna answer this? Do you not believe me or my doctor? And they said, No, it's been quite cryptic the way that my son's birth has been discussed. And I thought, Okay, more indication of continued problems in the world of journalism."

But Palin said she had adopted a philosophical attitude on the downside of the spotlight. "You have to let it go,” she said. “Even hard news sources, credible news sources — the comment about, you can see Russia from Alaska. You can! You can see Russia from Alaska. Something like that — a factual statement that was taken out of context and mocked — what you have to do is let that go."

The former Republican vice presidential candidate said again she regretted not taking a greater leadership role during the campaign season. "If I were giving advice to myself back on the day my candidacy was announced, I'd say, Tell the campaign that you'll be callin' some of the shots,” she said. “Don't just assume that they know you well enough to make all your decisions for ya. Let them know that you're the CEO of a state, you're forty-four years old, you've got a lot of great life experience that can be put to good use as a candidate."

Despite a season of barbs aimed at the coastal elites, Palin seemed to offer an olive branch to the Big Apple: "I would think we all tear up during the national anthem at the beginning of a baseball game, don't we? That's an alikeness between Alaskans and New Yorkers," she said.

Update: In an Anchorage Daily News column published last week, the paper's editor said the only questions reporters there had asked about Trig's birth came when the paper undertook a project to debunk conspiracy theories surrounding the event, but that they had abandoned the effort because of a lack of cooperation from the Palin family.

"I don't believe we have ever published in the newspaper a story, a letter, a column or anything alleging a coverup surrounding your maternity," wrote the editor in an e-mail sent to Palin and reprinted on the paper's blog. "In fact, my integrity and the integrity of the newspaper have been repeatedly attacked in national forums for our complicity in the 'coverup.'

Later, he added: "...So I don’t understand the behavior of the governor’s press office. Did the governor not share my email with the press staff? Did the press staff deliberately ignore what I said in order to have a longer list of press 'outrages'? Or are they just sloppy with details? I don’t know."

Filed under: Sarah Palin
soundoff (2,659 Responses)
  1. leapfrog

To ja: I agree...she's a breath of fress air. It must all be escaping from her empty head. Great and intelligent? Alikeness? I'm sorry, but I want a leader to have a grasp of the English language before I give that person access to sensitive material that she likely would not even understand. If she's great and intelligent, ja, that must say volumes about your grasp of things.

I can hardly wait for 2012 if she's the frontrunning GOP contender. It's going to be a slaughter.

January 13, 2009 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  2. rmf

"alikeness." Wow, tremendous speecifying, as Pres. Bush might have said. Maybe she should have run with him. It would be a mistake to misunderstimate her.

ya betcha....

January 13, 2009 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  3. alexwv

the reason the Sarah Palin scares you liberals and the liberal media and the fake women's libbers and the left wing democrats, is that she is a self made woman. she was not born into wealth, politics and fame and fortune. she's the new Ronald Reagan. she's the real deal. truly a breath of fresh air. american people love her and she connects with them. that's why the lefties hate her. as a matter of fact, she would have been a better choice for president instead of that old fool – McCain. watch out left, she's gonna be there in 2012.
    cheers.

January 13, 2009 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  4. Muckinello

Why is she still news? I don't see coverage of the other more important governors (except Blagoblago)..

Time to move to important subject CNN like what will happen to our lives in 2009. Sarah is yesterday news and should stay there!

January 13, 2009 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  5. pj4521

Sarah Palin, just die already.

January 13, 2009 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  6. Deborah Vesely

Please stop giving Palin press coverage. Spend more time covering meaningful people who are making a positive impact in trying to solve some of the current problems in this country. They just may inspire others to do the same.

January 13, 2009 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  7. Billy

Poor little Sarah, playing a victim just like a typical right-winger.

January 13, 2009 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  8. raw

you know this woman needs to go to the alter with oil not just on her head, but dipped in all over. she reminds me of a scene in the movie color purple when the lady says .........WHAT ABOUT ME!!!!!!!!!

January 13, 2009 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  9. Nancy

I truly hope that she will run for Pres in 2012. She's a strong person who can think for herself. Just watch what happens under Obama the next 4 years, you will ALL be asking for President Palin to fix the mess the liberal democrats have gotten our country into.

January 13, 2009 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  10. 3D

You get what you give . . . . So shut-up and take your medicine. Just say ah! Teehee!

January 13, 2009 12:39 pm at 12:39 pm |
  11. Donnie

how dare a journalist actually investigate.

January 13, 2009 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  12. Nisha

Stepping into the spotlight brings media scrutiny. She cannot expect to be in the news only for positive reasons. Palin needs to stop whining about every unfavorable report in the media and start showing some dignity and grace.

January 13, 2009 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  13. BD

Sarah Palin is incapable of accepting responsibility for her own behavior. If she wants to be a participant in the national political arena, she needs to quit being a whiner and a blamer and grow up. She behaves like a petulant 14-year-old girl who has a temper tantrum when she doesn't get her way.

What were the McCain people thinking when they chose her? Never in a million years would I have expected the Republicans to conduct a campaign with such a lack of preparation and overall stupidity.

Thanks John. Hopefully, the Republicans will nominate her for President in 2012. That will guarantee a Democratic victory and a filibuster-proof Senate.

She is certainly not a breath of fresh air, more like a blast of gas.

January 13, 2009 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  14. Michael, Houston Texas

Is she for real? For someone who "hates" the media, you are sure spending alopt of time talking to them, Sarah. And all this stupidity about she was asked "gotcha" questions, well, answer the question. Folks, let's try this out:

Media: Michael in Houston Texas, you say you are in Houston but are you from Houston?

Michael in Houston: No media am a transplant.

See how easy it is to answer a question....Truthfully!

Sarah you are a joke and an embarresment to this country, go away!

January 13, 2009 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  15. RHM

I think my watch must be broken...I was certain her fifteen minutes were over.

January 13, 2009 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  16. bruce

I'm dont know what to say ,im at a lost for words.She is nuts

January 13, 2009 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  17. Jim

It is amazing the number of people that jump on Sarah Palin and rip her apart. The sad fact is most of them don't have sense enough to get in out of the rain. Should she keep quiet? Yes. Was she the right choice? Probably not. But then again, Obama is not the right choice in my opinion. By the way, he never produced his "Birth Certificate", just a certificate of live birth, that in Hawaii can be obtained up to a year after the birth and you do not have to be born there.....

January 13, 2009 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  18. Proud American

Wow how long are you and other media outlets going to give this Idiot a form? Who cares if she and her daugther are having babies at the sametime? Hillbilly trailer trash.

January 13, 2009 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  19. HSR

Has Sarah never heard the expression, "If you can't stand the fire, stay out of the kitchen?" What did she expect accepting the vice-presidential nomination? She would be excepted from the scrutiny that accompanies such a nominationt? It becomes quite obvious and apparent - now that the election is long since over - Sarah never gave these notions much consideration.

As the others have provided as sentiment, please go back to governing Alaska. Your "poor me" attitude only solidifies your persona of a sore loser; gives an explanation why voters turned against you and the McCain campaign.

January 13, 2009 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  20. Mike Mundy, Houston, TX

I'm with ya, Sister! I've been defending you on the Houston Chronicle website, from those who are brainwashed and haven't any human decency. They just make stuff up and slander you and your wonderful family.

So many people are out of touch with reality. Your family and each of your stories ARE what average Americans deal with daily. God Bless, Governor!

PS. I had better NEVER hear another word or complaint about SEXISM in this country, EVER AGAIN! We all may never agree on anything, but SHAME on NOW and other Feminists groups for turning their backs on the sexist treatment you were handed.

January 13, 2009 12:40 pm at 12:40 pm |
  21. KB- New York

Palin has no clue as to how to deal with the National Public and continues to put her heels in her mouth. If she had answered questions honestly in the first place as opposed to being suspicious of every question, her point would have been made already. How long does it take to say what you have to say. If it is this easy to annoy her, she could never handle the management of a war or other serious problems.
    Let go and let God, girl!

January 13, 2009 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm |
  22. Rob

WOuld you PLEASE shuth the piehole already!!?? We don't care!!! Go back to making snowballs and hunting. We didn't want you and your agenda. Done. Move on.

January 13, 2009 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm |
  23. S Ryan

How does this woman keep making the news? I hope a polar bear eats her.

January 13, 2009 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm |
  24. STEFANY

Ooooo.k. why is Palin still talking 2 months affter the election? She's starting to sound like a sore loser. I honestly believe she's trying to keep her name in the spotlight so she can campaign for 2012. God help us all!

ATTENTION SARAH PALIN! YOU LOST THE ELECTION SHUT UP GO HOME AND PLAY GRANDMA!

January 13, 2009 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm |
  25. Jess

JA

Are you related to Sarah? Because only her family members and maybe close friends want to see her run in 2012.

This woman is polarizing and does not get it!!! What she needs to admit is that this country is moving in a different direction. Get use to it! And she can stop blaming others for her stupid comments. It does not matter if you can see Russia from anywhere in Alaska that does not equate to foreign policy experience...like Steve Harvey said, "I can see the moon from my backyard that does not make me an astronaut." Get it together, Sarah and stop whining!

January 13, 2009 12:41 pm at 12:41 pm |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107