January 13th, 2009

Palin slams 'bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie'

Palin has given a steady stream of interviews since Election Day.
Palin has given a steady stream of interviews since Election Day.

(CNN) - Sarah Palin fired a new salvo in her war on the media, unloading in a new interview on her home state paper and “bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie.”

The Alaska governor, who has granted a steady stream of interviews since Election Day, also told an Esquire reporter that she wishes she had told McCain campaign advisors she’d be “callin’ some of the shots.”

"Bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie annoy me....I'll tell you, yesterday the Anchorage Daily News, they called again to ask — double-, triple-, quadruple-check — who is Trig's real mom,” she said, in an interview to be published in the magazine’s March issue.

“And I said, Come on, are you kidding me? We're gonna answer this? Do you not believe me or my doctor? And they said, No, it's been quite cryptic the way that my son's birth has been discussed. And I thought, Okay, more indication of continued problems in the world of journalism."

But Palin said she had adopted a philosophical attitude on the downside of the spotlight. "You have to let it go,” she said. “Even hard news sources, credible news sources — the comment about, you can see Russia from Alaska. You can! You can see Russia from Alaska. Something like that — a factual statement that was taken out of context and mocked — what you have to do is let that go."

The former Republican vice presidential candidate said again she regretted not taking a greater leadership role during the campaign season. "If I were giving advice to myself back on the day my candidacy was announced, I'd say, Tell the campaign that you'll be callin' some of the shots,” she said. “Don't just assume that they know you well enough to make all your decisions for ya. Let them know that you're the CEO of a state, you're forty-four years old, you've got a lot of great life experience that can be put to good use as a candidate."

Despite a season of barbs aimed at the coastal elites, Palin seemed to offer an olive branch to the Big Apple: "I would think we all tear up during the national anthem at the beginning of a baseball game, don't we? That's an alikeness between Alaskans and New Yorkers," she said.

Update: In an Anchorage Daily News column published last week, the paper's editor said the only questions reporters there had asked about Trig's birth came when the paper undertook a project to debunk conspiracy theories surrounding the event, but that they had abandoned the effort because of a lack of cooperation from the Palin family.

"I don't believe we have ever published in the newspaper a story, a letter, a column or anything alleging a coverup surrounding your maternity," wrote the editor in an e-mail sent to Palin and reprinted on the paper's blog. "In fact, my integrity and the integrity of the newspaper have been repeatedly attacked in national forums for our complicity in the 'coverup.'

Later, he added: "...So I don’t understand the behavior of the governor’s press office. Did the governor not share my email with the press staff? Did the press staff deliberately ignore what I said in order to have a longer list of press 'outrages'? Or are they just sloppy with details? I don’t know."

Filed under: Sarah Palin
soundoff (2,659 Responses)
  1. Andrew

she is a sorry excuse for a human being

January 13, 2009 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  2. Elizabeth - Texas - Former Republican

I think Trig's parents are Track and Leiv's sister.

January 13, 2009 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  3. Richard

I'm no Palin supporter, but for CNN to point every gonna and ya is unfair. What about pointing the other speech mannerisms of all those people covered by your network? Please be fair.

January 13, 2009 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  4. Love the Obamas

I WILL SUE MCCAIN FOR INSULTING THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WITH SARAH, AND JOE THE PLUMER.

January 13, 2009 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  5. Todd Ackerman

A politician with no ideas and no intention of shutting up. Everyone's worst nightmare.

January 13, 2009 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  6. Edward

My god. I have never heard a politician whine like a 5 year old as much as she does.
    So adept at blaming others for her own shortcomings, -really a perfect GOP candidate.

January 13, 2009 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  7. Matt B

All lefty crazies on cnn: she would go away if people like you weren't so interested in her. You saw her name and her picture and you opened the article. The reality is she draws interest, from both sides of the aisle.

She make a good point here about her son though. It is disgusting the questions she is asked about him and by those that consider themselves true journalists. As for her being more vocal in the campaign, I think she was vocal enough.

January 13, 2009 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  8. Renee'

It would be best if Gov Palin left the scene quietly.

January 13, 2009 12:47 pm at 12:47 pm |
  9. Jack - DSM, Iowa

To blogger !@#$%^&*()_ : There was never anyone shouting "kill him" or "kill Obama" at any McCain-Palin rallies. It was proven to be a false story months ago.

10. FL

Pete:

Honestly, do you think the MSM dug really deep when they were vetting Obama? I laugh if your answer is yes. Your argument is so one sided. If the media (say at least 50 reporters which would be only a fraction of the reporters that went to Wasilla) descended upon Chicago and looked into everything about Obama's background, including Billy Ayres and Tony Rezco....hell even Blago, then I would argue that Ms. Palin was treated like any other person running for office and that she should "shut her whining".

11. AnaB

Obviously you can't let it go Sarah because you are still here...

12. In Ohio

I think she should consider how her comments and interviews are looking a bit more desperate now. She'll never be taken seriously and Palin needs to take a lesson from John McCain who went away right after the campaign.

13. gtstug

This idiot misses the attention she got during the election campaign, that is why she can't shut up. It will continue and probably get worse unless the networks' ignore her; but I guess that is too much to ask..

14. bigtom

go away! I've had it with simple country folk who complain when the tables are turned!

15. 7

Remember when Republicans were all about taking personal responsibility? Sara, the reason you lost was not because the media had it out for you. The reason you lost was because Americans were not interested in what you were selling. It’s time you took responsibility for your own actions and stop blaming everyone else.

16. The Californian

It's just one ridiculous cycle. Sarah Palin complains about the media, but CNN continues to print tabloid-type articles about her. Sarah, if you don't want to comment anymore about Trig, then just hang up the phone when the Anchorage Daily News calls. Most people wish they could just hang up the phone on you. Your like an annoying pre-recorded telemarketer who calls during dinner. By the way, does the New York Times call asking about Trig or have they called off the story now that they realize you love New Yorkers so much.

Is there nothing else that Sarah Palin can comment about? Is there anything else she can get fired up about? Jobs? Economy? Foreign affairs? The environment?...Anything?...Nope. It's just Tina Fey, Katie Couric, her hatred for bloggers, and Trig's legitimacy.

Next we'll see her on the cover of People. The headline will read: Sarah Palin speaks out about her affair with Brad and why she's trying to patch things up with Angelina.

17. dmc

If she called any more of the shots, her team's defeat would have been a much bigger landslide than the doubling that they received. Every time she spoke, she said just plain stupid things. I hope she does run in 4 years. It will be a cakewalk for Barack.

That gives her 4 years to think of the name of a newspaper that she can pretend she reads. It also gives her time to think of a supreme court decision.

18. Jay

She's right.Pathetic,bored,anonymous bloggers are annoying and so are all of you.Leave her alone and go back to masterbating in the cellar of your parent's home.

19. tim

Its everyone's elses fault except herself.... how fast can you burn through what little credibility you have left?

20. dr j

I am a greatgrand mother prolifer christian and an obamacan.
    I have watched and listen to mrs.palin and I am convinced that she is a good mom and will be a good grandmom. I believed that God called her to be just that. I believe that she is a front gov. that their are people behind the stage because of the ways she express her(a lack of political policies, she has none) her speeches are filled zingers,
    sarcasm and snarkiness. she didnot know Barack Obama or had read his books and yet she agreed to use snarkiness remarks against him. Now she feelthe media was caricature against her. I am happy that most of americans didnot fall for her they saw right through her. she called her self a pit bull with lipstick well,where is her pit bull.
    now she is sounding like a mother and want what she is saying about her children to be excepted. I am sure that if obama mother was living she would have been upset by what palin said about her son,this what mother do. I do pray that she repent for all that went wrong and stop blaming others and give God a chance to work out somethings in her families lives. Everyone she blamed have children that donot want to read the things she is saying about their famlies. you reap what you sow,especially throwing stones. I do think that america fill in love with granny palin because she seem to be a loving mother.

21. Mike B

What is the difference between "bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie" and boring, egotistical, pathetic losing Vice-Presidential candidates who lie? After all the slanderous mud Palin slung on the campaign trail, she is being extremely hypocritical when she whines about alleged lies directed at her. The golden rule, Governor Palin, the golden rule ...

22. Steve

The stuff about Trig WAS stupid. The vast majority of the rest of it was factual. And that's what I think she's really worried about.

January 13, 2009 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
  23. GS-Florida

And this is the next presidential canidate of the Republican Party! It's just another insult to our intelligence. America came so close to loosing everything with the McCain Palin ticket. We would have just imploded from within. Stupidity reigns in the Republican party. At least it's contained!

January 13, 2009 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
  24. Sick of Sarah

CNN, please stop covering this poor pathetic attention ***re. I've never seen so much attention focused on a loser. She cost the Republican party the most important election in the country, maybe the world. I usually consider myself a moderate, albeit leaning left, but found myself voting a straight Dem ticket this year, mostly because of Palin. If she doesn't shut her yap, the next election will be even more lopsided.

That being said, the media (which, Sarah, doesn't include bloggers. Jesus, woman) should also back off of her. Every time they ask her a meaningless question, like about Trig (snicker snicker... Trig???), she makes another headline.

January 13, 2009 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
  25. Me

Why the media keep showing this woman?? who is she???Please give me a break, somebody who do not even know what she's reading????? She doesn't know anything about politics!!!!So Pleaseeeee I don't want to see her again.
    Thanks

January 13, 2009 12:49 pm at 12:49 pm |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107