January 13th, 2009

Palin slams 'bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie'

Palin has given a steady stream of interviews since Election Day.
Palin has given a steady stream of interviews since Election Day.

(CNN) - Sarah Palin fired a new salvo in her war on the media, unloading in a new interview on her home state paper and “bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie.”

The Alaska governor, who has granted a steady stream of interviews since Election Day, also told an Esquire reporter that she wishes she had told McCain campaign advisors she’d be “callin’ some of the shots.”

"Bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie annoy me....I'll tell you, yesterday the Anchorage Daily News, they called again to ask — double-, triple-, quadruple-check — who is Trig's real mom,” she said, in an interview to be published in the magazine’s March issue.

“And I said, Come on, are you kidding me? We're gonna answer this? Do you not believe me or my doctor? And they said, No, it's been quite cryptic the way that my son's birth has been discussed. And I thought, Okay, more indication of continued problems in the world of journalism."

But Palin said she had adopted a philosophical attitude on the downside of the spotlight. "You have to let it go,” she said. “Even hard news sources, credible news sources — the comment about, you can see Russia from Alaska. You can! You can see Russia from Alaska. Something like that — a factual statement that was taken out of context and mocked — what you have to do is let that go."

The former Republican vice presidential candidate said again she regretted not taking a greater leadership role during the campaign season. "If I were giving advice to myself back on the day my candidacy was announced, I'd say, Tell the campaign that you'll be callin' some of the shots,” she said. “Don't just assume that they know you well enough to make all your decisions for ya. Let them know that you're the CEO of a state, you're forty-four years old, you've got a lot of great life experience that can be put to good use as a candidate."

Despite a season of barbs aimed at the coastal elites, Palin seemed to offer an olive branch to the Big Apple: "I would think we all tear up during the national anthem at the beginning of a baseball game, don't we? That's an alikeness between Alaskans and New Yorkers," she said.

Update: In an Anchorage Daily News column published last week, the paper's editor said the only questions reporters there had asked about Trig's birth came when the paper undertook a project to debunk conspiracy theories surrounding the event, but that they had abandoned the effort because of a lack of cooperation from the Palin family.

"I don't believe we have ever published in the newspaper a story, a letter, a column or anything alleging a coverup surrounding your maternity," wrote the editor in an e-mail sent to Palin and reprinted on the paper's blog. "In fact, my integrity and the integrity of the newspaper have been repeatedly attacked in national forums for our complicity in the 'coverup.'

Later, he added: "...So I don’t understand the behavior of the governor’s press office. Did the governor not share my email with the press staff? Did the press staff deliberately ignore what I said in order to have a longer list of press 'outrages'? Or are they just sloppy with details? I don’t know."

Filed under: Sarah Palin
soundoff (2,659 Responses)
  1. HSNP

SHUT UP SARAH AND PLEASE PLEASE GO AWAY.

2. S. Boatman

I am tired off seeing you, hearing you, and reading about you! I wont believe that baby is yours until you and your daughter go on the maury show and have a test done!

3. Max

' I can see Russia from my house' as a nugget of foreign relations experience ... you couldn't make that one up ... please go away

4. Thomas

What a complete and utter moron. She barely has the ability to form a complete sentence. She is sheltered, ignorant, and self-serving. She is a complete airhead beauty queen, primadonna, ex-newscaster who is only popular in Alaska because she doubled oil windfalls for Alasakans (gee, isn't that like SOCIALISM?!?!).

God, I hope she runs for POTUS in 2012!!!

5. LWE, former Republican, Central FL

As opposed to pathetic politicians who lie? Whodathunk?

6. Eric

Sarah Palin is not perfect. Neither are the rest of us. But she is not a hatemonger just because she has a biblical view of the world or morality. Why is she HATED by so many liberals? Primarily because she admits to a faith in God that actually impacts her daily decisions. And based on the hateful words I read here from so many liberals, I think the problem they have is more with the Christian God than with Sarah.

7. Life-long Democrat

Again, I support what Sarah Palin has to say. It wasn't until this last election, as a Clinton supporter, that I began to understand what the Republicans said about the press and their reporting bias. I find it difficult to continue to read the New York Times because of that. I find it obnoxious and ridiculous that anyone is criticizing George Bush when both parties are responsible for the mess we are in.

8. Larry, Hazleton, Pa

Governer Palin – I agree with you that many people do not tell the truth and you have a right to say so – so now you have said it – please shut up! Your interviews with the national media were of your own doing – you were clearly not prepared and you failed – now you want to blame others for your own failure – why not just come clean and say that you were not prepared and that in the future you will do better. It always to me seems better to accept responsibility for my actions and then move own without trying to justify my weakness with blaming others.

9. r.austin

this lady does not take responsibility for anything she does or says. CNN you are doing us an injustice to continue to report everything she does and says. note to Sarah Palin-McCain does not mention you anymore, most republican leaders do not mention you anymore, most people do not want to hear from you anymore. Just go away and stop this nonsense war with the media, bloggers etc. If Alaska wants you that is where you should be and stay. Believe me you could not lead the rest of us out of a brown paper bag, bad English and all

10. Matt

Well, she's got boring and pathetic down pat...if only she could become anonymous...

11. Rick

Still waiting for CNN or any other main stream media's story on the hoax called global warming along with any comments from all you lemming-like democrats who fell for Rotund Al's scheme.

12. Allen

Beth, wise up. You don't have to agree with the women's politics to understand that some of her complaints are accurate. I did not vote for her and felt her qualifications were very thin. However, the treatment she received from the press was pathetic.

13. NA

Please make Ms. Palin go away.

January 13, 2009 12:54 pm at 12:54 pm |
  14. carol

Sarah , Sarah, when will you leave well enough alone...everytime you open you mouth you put your foot in it. Just go back to Alaska please and live a quiet life away from the cameras, we have seen more than enough of you now!!

January 13, 2009 12:54 pm at 12:54 pm |
  15. SGS

We interupt this article for an important announcement:

PAGING DR. PHIL, PAGING DR. PHIL-–COME QUICKLY! THIS ONE'S A CODE RED. YOUBETHCHA!

January 13, 2009 12:54 pm at 12:54 pm |
  16. bill zito

"bored,... pathetic blogers"...right on!!!

January 13, 2009 12:54 pm at 12:54 pm |
  17. Mary Jane Salopek

Quit giving this woman publicity for saying nothing.
    She didn't mind the anonymous bloggers when she smeared Obama anyway she could think of.
    Let her go quietly into obscurity. Stop enabling her visions of grandeur.

January 13, 2009 12:54 pm at 12:54 pm |
  18. WhoSane

wah wah wah poor Sarah didn't win this beauty pagent

January 13, 2009 12:54 pm at 12:54 pm |
  19. Brett from Oriskany,VA

Thank God McCain didnt win! This woman would have been a disaster as a VP and an abomination as a president. Sarah, just go away, far,far away

January 13, 2009 12:54 pm at 12:54 pm |
  20. Randy

COME ON! BLOGGERS ARE NOT THE MEDIA. THEY ARE THE PUBLICS REACTION TO THE STORY BY REGULAR PEOPLE.
    And for those of you that doubt her son is her son: Palin's daughter would have had to be pregnant with the second child during the delivery of the first. A medical miricle. Do a mental timeline and it just does not work. Trig is Sarah Palin's son not grandson!
    I am a democrat that voted for Obama, but I read and do an evaluation of the BS and spin as what it is: BS! So should we all. The mud has been slung, sad to say some of the lies stuck.

January 13, 2009 12:55 pm at 12:55 pm |
  21. Ursula

She's boring, pathetic and we can only wish she would stay ANONYMOUS! Go away, moose killer!

January 13, 2009 12:55 pm at 12:55 pm |
  22. yellowbmblbee, Boston

SHE THAT DOTH PROTEST TOO MUCH.............

January 13, 2009 12:55 pm at 12:55 pm |
  23. I can't stop laughing!

A smart woman would just shut up and quit bringing attention to her own faults. She craves the spotlight and the republicans should tell her to shut the h3ll up! She's making them look stupid... or she's too late.

Bye bye!

January 13, 2009 12:55 pm at 12:55 pm |
  24. pam

who really cares. palin is still trying to pathetically edge her way into the news. she's history.

bye bye sarah!

pam in oregon

January 13, 2009 12:55 pm at 12:55 pm |
  25. MA4Obama

Why is the "liberal media" still giving this pinhead credibility by acting as though anything she says matters at all? She clearly thrives on attention, and for some reason feels as though anyone cares. I didn't even read this article, because I don't care. I clicked on it simply to comment here.

January 13, 2009 12:55 pm at 12:55 pm |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107