January 13th, 2009

Palin slams 'bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie'

Palin has given a steady stream of interviews since Election Day.
Palin has given a steady stream of interviews since Election Day.

(CNN) - Sarah Palin fired a new salvo in her war on the media, unloading in a new interview on her home state paper and “bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie.”

The Alaska governor, who has granted a steady stream of interviews since Election Day, also told an Esquire reporter that she wishes she had told McCain campaign advisors she’d be “callin’ some of the shots.”

"Bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie annoy me....I'll tell you, yesterday the Anchorage Daily News, they called again to ask — double-, triple-, quadruple-check — who is Trig's real mom,” she said, in an interview to be published in the magazine’s March issue.

“And I said, Come on, are you kidding me? We're gonna answer this? Do you not believe me or my doctor? And they said, No, it's been quite cryptic the way that my son's birth has been discussed. And I thought, Okay, more indication of continued problems in the world of journalism."

But Palin said she had adopted a philosophical attitude on the downside of the spotlight. "You have to let it go,” she said. “Even hard news sources, credible news sources — the comment about, you can see Russia from Alaska. You can! You can see Russia from Alaska. Something like that — a factual statement that was taken out of context and mocked — what you have to do is let that go."

The former Republican vice presidential candidate said again she regretted not taking a greater leadership role during the campaign season. "If I were giving advice to myself back on the day my candidacy was announced, I'd say, Tell the campaign that you'll be callin' some of the shots,” she said. “Don't just assume that they know you well enough to make all your decisions for ya. Let them know that you're the CEO of a state, you're forty-four years old, you've got a lot of great life experience that can be put to good use as a candidate."

Despite a season of barbs aimed at the coastal elites, Palin seemed to offer an olive branch to the Big Apple: "I would think we all tear up during the national anthem at the beginning of a baseball game, don't we? That's an alikeness between Alaskans and New Yorkers," she said.

Update: In an Anchorage Daily News column published last week, the paper's editor said the only questions reporters there had asked about Trig's birth came when the paper undertook a project to debunk conspiracy theories surrounding the event, but that they had abandoned the effort because of a lack of cooperation from the Palin family.

"I don't believe we have ever published in the newspaper a story, a letter, a column or anything alleging a coverup surrounding your maternity," wrote the editor in an e-mail sent to Palin and reprinted on the paper's blog. "In fact, my integrity and the integrity of the newspaper have been repeatedly attacked in national forums for our complicity in the 'coverup.'

Later, he added: "...So I don’t understand the behavior of the governor’s press office. Did the governor not share my email with the press staff? Did the press staff deliberately ignore what I said in order to have a longer list of press 'outrages'? Or are they just sloppy with details? I don’t know."

Filed under: Sarah Palin
soundoff (2,659 Responses)
  1. Dolores

Sarah - PLEASE GO AWAY! You lost the election. Very few care what you have to say! Give a rest already and just go away.

January 13, 2009 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  2. thoughts

I agree as much as everyone else that she should disappear. But, don't you think a good way to start this process would be for all of you to refrain from commenting on this article? Traffic (and comments) on a site = popularity, which leads to more coverage.

Stop commenting/reading and they'll stop posting the stories.

January 13, 2009 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  3. Manny

GO AWAY!!!
    GO AWAY!!!
    GO AWAY!!!
    GO AWAY!!!
    GO AWAY!!!

January 13, 2009 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  4. Art

Let her keep talking, maybe by 2012, everyone will be sick of her running her mouth and not have anything to do with her. Apparently, she is not as professional as she want someone to think.

Since she is so hot under the collar, go stand in the snow in Alaska, hopefully that will cool her off.

January 13, 2009 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  5. TEXAS

TEXAS SEE PALIN AS A BIG NUT BIG ONE CRAZY

January 13, 2009 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  6. Moses

Sounds like a old horror movie: "The Creature That Refused To Die".
    Scarey stuff indeed...................YIKES !

January 13, 2009 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  7. Chris in VA

I see that CNN has created another comics page – it's that hyperlink that takes you to Governor Pinhead's latest outrage; or, alternately, to "Joe the Reporter" coming to us from the front.

If Obama's birth certificate, religion, parish priest, or neighbors were fair game, then why not Trig's "real mom?" Pictures! Testimony! The nation demands proof! And were you wearing your flag pin on the day he was born? Inquiring minds want to know....

January 13, 2009 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  8. Brian

Goodness gracious is she a polotician or a high school girl.

January 13, 2009 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  9. Jim

PALIN in 2012!!!! Yo go girl! USA loves you and can't wait for the Democratic disaster to go away!

January 13, 2009 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  10. The Oracle

I find it amusing that Palin is complaining about unfair media coverage and blogger bias. No one was slammed and slandered as much as Obama the "muslin radical" by anonymous bloggers and emails. As for the legitimate media, Palin cannot hold Couric responsible for her own ignorant blunders. The country doesn't need someone they would like to have a beer with after soccer practice, it needs someone intelligent enough to lead. Sorry Palin, you don't fit the bill.

January 13, 2009 01:09 pm at 1:09 pm |
  11. Tina

Isn't it ironic that she says 'you just have to let it go' but that's the last thing she's doing! Shut up Sara we don't care!

Seriously anytime I see ANOTHER article on her I consider stabbing myself in the eyes to avoid reading it.

January 13, 2009 01:10 pm at 1:10 pm |
  12. Joe not the plumber

Sarah, Just develop some thick skin so that you can run for 2012, and STOP complaining. You are just one dim wit lady, never the less, cute. Just wear your beauty crown, smile and shoot moose!

January 13, 2009 01:10 pm at 1:10 pm |
  13. Chugiak Observer

This nightmare just keeps coming back. She's told us the Democrats are against her, a portion of the Republican Party is against her, John McCain is against her, women are against her, the media is against her, and now the blogs are against her. Good grief woman, with everyone against you, what's your motive? It appears you're becoming more delusional and stupid with every interview.

January 13, 2009 01:10 pm at 1:10 pm |
  14. cswpurgeon1@cfl.rr.com

I agree with her that bloggers really cross the line and many times show complete disregard and just plain ignorance but I gotta say..Palin is even worse then they are using lies,manipulation and one liners trying to stay in the spotlight. Go away Sarah and take the plumber with you!

January 13, 2009 01:10 pm at 1:10 pm |
  15. republicans hate america

why is this inbreed still in the news?

January 13, 2009 01:10 pm at 1:10 pm |
  16. Tony

Please Sarah! You are just as guilty using blogs to advance your own backwoods political agenda.

After all, was not it not a “bored, anonymous, pathetic blogger" who started a blog called "Sarah Palin for VP."

January 13, 2009 01:10 pm at 1:10 pm |
  17. Jeff

We have serious issues to face in this country and abroad, why do you still give this has-been a soap box to shout her ignorance, same goes for the plumber. If you leave them alone they will shrivel up and go away.

January 13, 2009 01:10 pm at 1:10 pm |
  18. Elizabeth

It would be extremely difficult for any woman in a high profile position such as Governor Palin's to completely hide the fact that she's pregnant – especially after 32 weeks gestation. Since she is the governor of the state of Alaska, surely there are photographs available that would answer anyone's question of whether she was pregnant at a particular time. I've never known a pregnant woman who could effectively hide the fact for the entire nine months and especially not after having four children.

I understand that family circumstances at the time of young Trig's birth can and have given rise to questions regarding his maternity. Most people don't care who is the mother of the child but obviously a lot of people in Alaska believe they've been lied to.

January 13, 2009 01:10 pm at 1:10 pm |
  19. Uncle S.A.M.

Why is she still in the spotlight? Now she's just making a plain fool out of herself. The election is over Sarah. No one cares about Trig, Trip, Trag or whatever screwed up 4 letter name you give them. Geesh this lady is full of herself.

January 13, 2009 01:10 pm at 1:10 pm |
  20. lost in Texas Forever

gosh for a person who claims the media abused her and told lies on her, she sure likes to..........well I think you know where I'm going with this!

January 13, 2009 01:11 pm at 1:11 pm |
  21. WCCH

As I said before, if you don't like media, quit talking to them. I think all this yelling and complaining she does is a farce. She's just trying to keep her name on the airways.

January 13, 2009 01:11 pm at 1:11 pm |
  22. Anonymous

Stop adding comments to the news related to Palin. The media is publishing these stories because they get a lot of response.

January 13, 2009 01:11 pm at 1:11 pm |
  23. chris

Look at all the bored, pathetic, anonymous people who continue to protest that they don't want to see or hear anything more of Sarah Palin but who quite obviously read every lousy article.

Keep on talkin', Sarah, if for no other reason than to annoy all these morons, jealous females and pathetic she-males who continue to pour out their bile and contempt - unworthy to stand on the same continent with you, let alone criticize you.

We LOVE you, Sarah...MILLIONS of us.

January 13, 2009 01:11 pm at 1:11 pm |
  24. The National Nightmare is Over!

This broad is like an annoying little chihuahua who won't let go of your pants leg.

Let me make this perfectly clear:

GO HOME &
    SHUT YOUR HYPOCRITIC PIEHOLE

Someone, please give me a stick. I want to beat her senseless

January 13, 2009 01:11 pm at 1:11 pm |
  25. Chris from San Antonio

If there's one person who knows about lies, it's Palin.

January 13, 2009 01:11 pm at 1:11 pm |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107