January 13th, 2009

Palin slams 'bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie'

Palin has given a steady stream of interviews since Election Day.
Palin has given a steady stream of interviews since Election Day.

(CNN) - Sarah Palin fired a new salvo in her war on the media, unloading in a new interview on her home state paper and “bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie.”

The Alaska governor, who has granted a steady stream of interviews since Election Day, also told an Esquire reporter that she wishes she had told McCain campaign advisors she’d be “callin’ some of the shots.”

"Bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie annoy me....I'll tell you, yesterday the Anchorage Daily News, they called again to ask — double-, triple-, quadruple-check — who is Trig's real mom,” she said, in an interview to be published in the magazine’s March issue.

“And I said, Come on, are you kidding me? We're gonna answer this? Do you not believe me or my doctor? And they said, No, it's been quite cryptic the way that my son's birth has been discussed. And I thought, Okay, more indication of continued problems in the world of journalism."

But Palin said she had adopted a philosophical attitude on the downside of the spotlight. "You have to let it go,” she said. “Even hard news sources, credible news sources — the comment about, you can see Russia from Alaska. You can! You can see Russia from Alaska. Something like that — a factual statement that was taken out of context and mocked — what you have to do is let that go."

The former Republican vice presidential candidate said again she regretted not taking a greater leadership role during the campaign season. "If I were giving advice to myself back on the day my candidacy was announced, I'd say, Tell the campaign that you'll be callin' some of the shots,” she said. “Don't just assume that they know you well enough to make all your decisions for ya. Let them know that you're the CEO of a state, you're forty-four years old, you've got a lot of great life experience that can be put to good use as a candidate."

Despite a season of barbs aimed at the coastal elites, Palin seemed to offer an olive branch to the Big Apple: "I would think we all tear up during the national anthem at the beginning of a baseball game, don't we? That's an alikeness between Alaskans and New Yorkers," she said.

Update: In an Anchorage Daily News column published last week, the paper's editor said the only questions reporters there had asked about Trig's birth came when the paper undertook a project to debunk conspiracy theories surrounding the event, but that they had abandoned the effort because of a lack of cooperation from the Palin family.

"I don't believe we have ever published in the newspaper a story, a letter, a column or anything alleging a coverup surrounding your maternity," wrote the editor in an e-mail sent to Palin and reprinted on the paper's blog. "In fact, my integrity and the integrity of the newspaper have been repeatedly attacked in national forums for our complicity in the 'coverup.'

Later, he added: "...So I don’t understand the behavior of the governor’s press office. Did the governor not share my email with the press staff? Did the press staff deliberately ignore what I said in order to have a longer list of press 'outrages'? Or are they just sloppy with details? I don’t know."

Filed under: Sarah Palin
soundoff (2,659 Responses)
  1. JIMCT

News flash to Sarah:
    It'll only get worse if you decide to run for President in 2010 AND
    GET BACK TO WORK as being Gov. of Alaska.

January 13, 2009 01:34 pm at 1:34 pm |
  2. Greg Pottstown, Pa.

What Lies did she tell on the trail? You all make her out to be evil so what did she say that was untrue? I hope you can name more lies than Obama told or he is no better than her. Also it is noteworthy to mention that some of you seem to think that you speak for the country, well you don't. The hard left presence on this site represents maybe 2 or 3% of this country. It is finny that you think anything that Palin does is not news but when we see pictures of Obama's kids getting ready for school that is news.

January 13, 2009 01:34 pm at 1:34 pm |
  3. Beth from Wisconsin

Regardless of whether the media's treatment of Gov. Palin was fair or not, she knew from the moment she accepted the vice presidential nomination that she was out of her league and in over her head. She has no one to blame but herself.

As far as her comment, "you have to let it go", it does not appear that she is really taking her own advice by perpetuating discussion with her constant responding.

Part of me would like her to stop talking, yet the more she talks the better I will feel on Jan. 20, 2009.

4. baw

This is the woman who likened herself to a pit bull. Remember that? She is just a petty, self-entitled person to whom things seem to have come relatively easily, possibly because she spends more time on her makeup and hair than she does on issues and self-education. She wanted it all without doing the work and paying the dues. She spewed vitriol, hatred, arrogance, and ignorance and complains that all of such comments were repeated and reported. As noted before, she has much too much in common with W., and, yes, I am afraid of her. Just to clarify–there is a difference between sly and intelligent. She is not intelligent.

5. carment

If she's been quoted correctly then someone should whisper in Ms Palin's ear that "cryptic" was not "le mot juste" in that sentence. She obviously doesn't really know the meaning of the word, and it made absolutely no sense in that context

6. John

The longer she does this, the further away she is from being a serious contender for any national office.

Palin said ... Hilary should stop whining about the media coverage she received during the primaries if she expects to play with the big boys.

Palin said...Obama palls around with terrorists and that more questions need to be asked.

Palin remained silent when supporters shouted overly negative remarks about Obama.

Palin answered the questions in the Couric interview, not McCain and she went back and continued to give ridiculous answers even after she claims she knew it was not going well.

Palin has been inviting every right wing slanted media source to interview her and scream about her press coverage. I hate to say it but Fox is considered MSM, despite the poor reporting.

The fire department goes to where there is a fire. McCain-Palin were an inferno.

Palin is scary in that the people of Alaska have to depend on her for governor. What does this say about that state?

7. Palinrocks

Ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Wait ... wait... let me look again... HA HA HA!!!

8. Susan, NC via LA

I'll just echo what everyone else says: JUST GO AWAY!!

9. ru kidding me

Don't go away mad Sara, just go away...... for the love of god, just go away!

10. Tim

I'd like to appologize to most of you hear at the CNN site for her remarks. I don't think she meant to offend you.

11. Sarah

I am sick and tired of Republican whining regarding the "liberal" media. It seems that it is their Teflon against taking personal responsibility AND their nifty little make-your-own-martyr kit, all rolled into one. Seriously, the pity party needs to stop.

12. Walters

Obviously she has empty head on her shoulder and she wanted to get attention. She is the one who is pathetic.

13. Snake eyes

ann palin? sarah coulter??? hmmm.... somebody has a new BFF...

look, the point wasnt whether you could see russia from alaska, it was why that qualified as foreign experience. as always, this woman just doesnt get it. i guess thats part of the 'alikeness' between her and the rest of the GOP....

14. Debbie

Some people will say anything to stay in the public eye. And, fortunately, CNN is just silly enough to fall for it!

15. nora CC TXAS

Why are you still talking? Don't you know if you go away we will all be better off. Stop already!!!!!!!!!!

16. Valerie

You don't know the woman. stop demaning her, and just admit the Liberal media painted this crappy picture of her. I like Sarah palin, and i think McCain and the Media from the start had this war against her. katie Couric-shut your dang mouth, you're not that great.

January 13, 2009 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  17. maeve

Methinks Palin doth protest too much!!!

She has...before our very eyes...developed an obsessive disorder: She's now obsessed with righting what she believes to be wrongs committed against her and "fixin'" her reputation. I'm willing to bet this is the first and last thing Palin thinks about every day.

Is there a doctor in the house? Please, someone, get this woman some medication!

On the other hand, all this whining speaks to her lack of desire ever to run for a place in Congress or the White House in the future. Going out of her way to make herself look the raving, self-pitying lunatic to the media is the equivalent to burning that particular bridge. It's now her personal bridge to nowhere.

January 13, 2009 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  18. Jon

Come on – it's painfully obvious... Sarah Palin is a bipolar schizophrenic lunatic that John McCain picked. What kind of clown would seriously consider Sarah Palin as a VP except an out of touch old dude who can even use a computer or even read e-mail? To honestly think Americans would take Sarah Palin or John McCain seriously would be a major throw back to all of America and the world. We just got rid of one clown named Bush! Please give me a break!!!

January 13, 2009 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  19. MoJo

Poor Sarah....someone get her a tissue...waaaaahhhhhh......

January 13, 2009 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  20. Amanda

Who are the bottom feeding reporters still bothering to interview this vapid, ignorant waste of oxygen?

Her state has the highest number, by far, of rapes per capita, her teenage daughter got knocked up by a loser drop out with a drug dealing mom, she's been publicly called out for corruption, most of her own party can't stand her.... and she's whining about....BLOGGERS?

God I hope someone puts her in her place when she's up for reelection. I would be willing to donate money to ANYONE who has a chance of booting her from politics and the media forever – so she can happily go back to some podunk town to have 3984 more kids with ridiculous names.

January 13, 2009 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  21. Lissa

AH...I can hear the violins playing the Pity Party Song....

January 13, 2009 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  22. Ross Da Boss

I think Palin has had enough of media disasters. It's unfair for any person to be scrutinized this much by people and the press. I am not saying I support Palin, or her party, nor am I saying I dispise her. I just wish people would stop bothering her and her family. If I were her I would try to stay out of the public eye as much as possible. It is her fault for all this attention, unfortunately, and I accept that. She's a governor for pete's sake, though, she has to be at least semi qualified. People who are bothering her probably never been under the pressure that she and her family have endured. People should just let it alone. However, enough with the sympothey; I beleive that she cost McCain the election and she does seem some what unethical and a hypocrit. I wish the media was as noteworthy as it should be and leave the practice of tabloid journalism forever. Media and Executive branches in both catagories should be ashamed of themselves along with those who are throwing out harsh words to a public servent. Please be more proffesional America!

January 13, 2009 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  23. JG, Seattle WA

Even as a Republican, this woman terrifies me. Other than Bill Clinton, I've never seen somebody who so craves being in the lights and being talked about. Yikes. Does anybody think that she wants to become President to actually serve the country as opposed to her own self interest??

January 13, 2009 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  24. wise woman

will somebody put a hockey puck betweenher lip stick for good. I'm sick of your flapping mouth. What you still talking for. just shut the blank up!

January 13, 2009 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
  25. Zach K

Sarah. Sarah. Sarah.

Thats POLITICS. Maybe you should be a little less whinny, and a bit more tough. If you can't be tough then LEAVE US ALONE.

January 13, 2009 01:36 pm at 1:36 pm |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107