January 13th, 2009

Palin slams 'bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie'

Palin has given a steady stream of interviews since Election Day.
Palin has given a steady stream of interviews since Election Day.

(CNN) - Sarah Palin fired a new salvo in her war on the media, unloading in a new interview on her home state paper and “bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie.”

The Alaska governor, who has granted a steady stream of interviews since Election Day, also told an Esquire reporter that she wishes she had told McCain campaign advisors she’d be “callin’ some of the shots.”

"Bored, anonymous, pathetic bloggers who lie annoy me....I'll tell you, yesterday the Anchorage Daily News, they called again to ask — double-, triple-, quadruple-check — who is Trig's real mom,” she said, in an interview to be published in the magazine’s March issue.

“And I said, Come on, are you kidding me? We're gonna answer this? Do you not believe me or my doctor? And they said, No, it's been quite cryptic the way that my son's birth has been discussed. And I thought, Okay, more indication of continued problems in the world of journalism."

But Palin said she had adopted a philosophical attitude on the downside of the spotlight. "You have to let it go,” she said. “Even hard news sources, credible news sources — the comment about, you can see Russia from Alaska. You can! You can see Russia from Alaska. Something like that — a factual statement that was taken out of context and mocked — what you have to do is let that go."

The former Republican vice presidential candidate said again she regretted not taking a greater leadership role during the campaign season. "If I were giving advice to myself back on the day my candidacy was announced, I'd say, Tell the campaign that you'll be callin' some of the shots,” she said. “Don't just assume that they know you well enough to make all your decisions for ya. Let them know that you're the CEO of a state, you're forty-four years old, you've got a lot of great life experience that can be put to good use as a candidate."

Despite a season of barbs aimed at the coastal elites, Palin seemed to offer an olive branch to the Big Apple: "I would think we all tear up during the national anthem at the beginning of a baseball game, don't we? That's an alikeness between Alaskans and New Yorkers," she said.

Update: In an Anchorage Daily News column published last week, the paper's editor said the only questions reporters there had asked about Trig's birth came when the paper undertook a project to debunk conspiracy theories surrounding the event, but that they had abandoned the effort because of a lack of cooperation from the Palin family.

"I don't believe we have ever published in the newspaper a story, a letter, a column or anything alleging a coverup surrounding your maternity," wrote the editor in an e-mail sent to Palin and reprinted on the paper's blog. "In fact, my integrity and the integrity of the newspaper have been repeatedly attacked in national forums for our complicity in the 'coverup.'

Later, he added: "...So I don’t understand the behavior of the governor’s press office. Did the governor not share my email with the press staff? Did the press staff deliberately ignore what I said in order to have a longer list of press 'outrages'? Or are they just sloppy with details? I don’t know."

Filed under: Sarah Palin
soundoff (2,659 Responses)
  1. Georgia Peach

blah...blah...blah..... hands over my ears..... we aren't listening to you anymore, Sara!!!

January 13, 2009 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  2. R Nels

Hockey Moms??? Probably 48 of our states have Soccer Moms, so get in touch Palin.

Snow machines??? I think they're called snow mobiles. I don't think your hubbie won a race cleaning off the driveway.

Mama Grizzley??? You ought to come to the lower U.S. and learn about real cliches that normal people understand if you're going to constantly throw cliches around.

Go away.

January 13, 2009 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  3. Parnell from Winnipeg

I think it would have been really funny if the campaign had heeded the advice that she would have given herself and let her call some of the shots.

That exploiter Tina Fey would be laughing even harder on the way to the bank.

January 13, 2009 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  4. Mike, Vancouver

This woman has been used and then tossed out. I am sure she hasn't heard from John McMain since. I get the feeling that the Republicans knew they would lose regardless, so they put McCain in to be the fall guy( he hasn't lost anything, he is still a senator) and let him pick someone who would give the appearance that the Republicans were serious. They picked Sarah Palin and they made a fool out of her, now she has been dumped and she is crying over sour grapes and the resentment she has towards the experience and those who put her there. Her political career I don't believe will leave Alaska as she really has no credibility.

January 13, 2009 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  5. Sharon

While the U.S. in engaged in two wars which are taking the lives of our soldiers daily,

While the U.S. economy has collapsed and people have lost their jobs and pension incomes

While the world drifts further from global peace

WHAT does Sarah Palin worry about? What are Palin's priorities?
    Her public image!!!!

Thank God this foolish and misguided woman from Alaska, who cannot engage in serious conversation and discussion regarding any priorities involving the citizens of the nation did not get elected to the second highest office in the Nation!!!

Afterall, who would do the REAL work of the nation on behalf of the US citizens?

January 13, 2009 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  6. Reality

Palin tells it like it is. SHe is a refeshing change from the political calculating and focus group testing that definesBarack Obama. I can't wait for 2012. Give'em Hell Sarah!!!

January 13, 2009 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  7. Grace

GOOD GRIEF... is there not something more newsworthy than this tripe?
    Sara needs to stay home and hibernate.. perhaps sleep will induce some intelligence.

January 13, 2009 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  8. FREEMAN

People remember she's getting paid to do these interviews. And the more she does the richer she will be. Obviously, it's about the money. And of course staying in the spot light.

January 13, 2009 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  9. Mark

Why is the media still giving her attention? Who really cares what rant she's on this week?

January 13, 2009 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  10. The GOP Reaper

Heheheh...I love this! I love it I love it I love it!!!!

Way to go Sarah...keep going. Please, I beg you, don't stop talking and whining and acting completely pathetic.

You are your own undoing! And you're going to completely cause the entire Republican Party (already teetering on the brink) to completely implode if they are dumb enough to rely on you to be standard-bearer in 2012! So please, do us all a favor and keep it up!

Or, you could do the noble thing and shut up, get out of the way, and at least let talented people like Jindal or Crist or other GOP governors (with intelligence and vision) rebuild the GOP and bring it from the ashes.

Nahh...that's no fun...keep going Sarah! Say hi to the Russians from your patio.

Weeee

January 13, 2009 01:57 pm at 1:57 pm |
  11. Oh Heck No!

That's right Sarah. Blast the media. The same media that will cover your campaign in 2012 should you decide to run. Oh I can hardly wait. Tina Fey will never be out of a job with Sarah around....lol.

January 13, 2009 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  12. LINDA M

I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYONE ATTACKED LIKE SHE HAS BEEN. ALL THE LIBERALS NEED TO LET HER ALONE AND GET A LIFE. THE WOMAN IS NOT STUPID AS THE LIBERALS CLAIM.

January 13, 2009 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  13. Jesse

Who cares what she has to say, Palin is nothing more then a confused Republican. She runs the most socialist state in America and has the intestinal fortitude to call democrats socialists. As a Disabled Veteran/Veteran of a foreign war, the money I get comes from a program that is based off of socialism.

January 13, 2009 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  14. penny

please i would rather pay $5 a gallon for gas than hear this woman please remove her from our reach..............aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

January 13, 2009 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  15. J. Sully, New York

Ever since that dig "I was the mayor of a small town, which is something like a community organizer....etc. etc.", along with the rest of her nasty hateful rhetoric, I've been just waiting for her to go away – and now she won't go!!! OHHHHH Noooooo. She loves the spotlight, let's face it.

January 13, 2009 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  16. Anonymous

" Palin said she had adopted a philosophical attitude on the downside of the spotlight. "You have to let it go,” she said"

Sarah Palin. You said it yourself. LET IT GO. and how about getting back to working for your state? Please disappear. I'm getting so fed up about hearing about her moping and complaining about the election when she cost McCain the election.

January 13, 2009 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  17. Jane in Windsor CA

I would have loved to see what shots she would have called. This woman is a moron.

January 13, 2009 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  18. IMO

The Republican Party has become the party of WHINERS, with Sarah Palin leading the way.

ugh, I could see my mother now, stop your whining or I'll give you something to really whine about........

Glad I took her advice, may the GOP and Sarah should also....

January 13, 2009 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  19. Ron , West Coast

No, Ms. Palin, there`s not a problem with jounalism, theres a problem with your answers to journalist`....... I`ll betcha`......
    Your doctor did not indicate whether or not you delivered a child. No birth certificate was supplied by you. You should stop whinning .
    You are not equipped to perform on a national stage .
    Why don`t you just attend to the business of your state of Alaska, and leave the rest of us alone. You are well past your fifteen minutes of fame , so please do the rest of america a big favor and just be quiet ......

P.S.,
    Trigg is Bristol`s baby, and you are a grandmother two times over.......

January 13, 2009 01:58 pm at 1:58 pm |
  20. missmeadow

The only thing more pathetic than the 'anonymous bloggers who lie' are the elected leaders who spend more energy focusing on other's personal perceptions or opinions than on performing the job they were elected to do.

Have you ever noticed that not even the worst of politicians or the most popular of celebrities address every published crack against them? Because people know that there is a minority of publications out there that create blasphemous headlines to sell stories.

If it is such a lie, than it shouldn't be worth your time. This is not a high school cheer squad and you are not a teenage girl. Having the last word does not equate to victory.

January 13, 2009 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  21. Happy

Wow, libs sure are an unhappy with their lives bunch. Obviously there are a lot of lib trolls just sitting around with nothing better to do than to make hysterical remarks about things they know nothing about. Typical intellectually dishonest people.

January 13, 2009 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  22. Jeff

Liberals are mean.

January 13, 2009 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  23. Mel from Las Vegas

Sarah,
    There is a Moose waiting for you in the woods thats just dying to become a stew; why not go there, get lost, and at least, for awhile, we won't have to listen to your moronic rhetoric for a bit.

January 13, 2009 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  24. John the senator

She is like herpes, will never go away. Why is she still in the news? Is she planning to visit the country of Africa?

January 13, 2009 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
  25. Steve

Palin asks for the type of media scrutiny she gets because she handles them so poorly. She is getting a rise out of them and thus this continues to be what they love. If she just simply ignored it all it would lose its luster and go away. They can't write about something when there isn't anything to really sink their teeth into. All Palin does is make herself a mockery by continuing to open her mouth. She isn't the brightest light in the box so she should just shut up!

January 13, 2009 01:59 pm at 1:59 pm |
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107