January 19th, 2009

Cheney pulls muscle moving, in wheelchair

Cheney pulled a muscle while moving, according to the White House.
Cheney pulled a muscle while moving, according to the White House.

(CNN) – Vice President Dick Cheney will be in a wheelchair during Tuesday's Presidential Inauguration, after pulling a muscle in his back while moving, White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said

"Under his physician's recommendation, the Vice President will be in a wheelchair for the next couple of days, including for tomorrow's inauguration, The Vice President is looking forward to being there for tomorrow's historic inaugural activities," Perino said in a statement.

Filed under: Dick Cheney
  1. momma

Cheney is so low that he is using this "excuse" so he does not have to stand up for the next ..(and much better) President

January 19, 2009 09:14 pm at 9:14 pm |
  2. Alan

I'm sorry he's not feeling well. I'm sorry he's in a wheelchair; I wish he were in prison.

January 19, 2009 09:14 pm at 9:14 pm |
  3. Stac

hmmmm....looking for some sympathy????

January 19, 2009 09:14 pm at 9:14 pm |
  4. kg

Who's Dick Cheney? Was he vice president? Oh yeah, I remember seeing every once in a while!

January 19, 2009 09:15 pm at 9:15 pm |
  5. Terry

Did you ever wonder why it's only a SMALL percentage of Americans that think Bush & Cheney should be in jail? Congress didn't find anything wrong or there would have been an impeachment. Bush waited FIVE months after the DEMOCRATIC congress approved a declaration of war before he sent the troops in. Perhaps all of congress should be arrested and jailed? Sorry to burst a bunch of bubbles, but the truth is the truth. Study your history.

I wish Cheney s speedy and complete recovery.

January 19, 2009 09:33 pm at 9:33 pm |
  6. Dan

Perfect.

January 19, 2009 09:36 pm at 9:36 pm |
  7. michaelbraun

Cheney is in such poor health that the simple act of moving (what? Raising his arms? Walking to the bathroom?) puts him in a wheelchair. Oh my.

January 19, 2009 09:58 pm at 9:58 pm |
  8. thearbanmethod

Oh...I thought he pulled a muscle trying to smile.

January 19, 2009 10:18 pm at 10:18 pm |
  9. Dale Woodruff

I just have a hard time imagining these guys moving their own furniture.

January 19, 2009 11:06 pm at 11:06 pm |
  10. Greg Hodges

I hope someday the world will know everything this man did behind closed doors over the last 8 years. Thank God he can do no more damage.

January 19, 2009 11:07 pm at 11:07 pm |
  11. Sweet Fangs

A Wheelchair ?? My husband is in constant pain and has been for years.,because of a back injury which the crooked insurence co. didnot help him out at all. Sorry but i have no tears for that real hard working slob !!!!!! That loves war so much. who can't even go bird hunting without shooting his good friend in the face. all i got to say is waaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

January 19, 2009 11:07 pm at 11:07 pm |
  12. Keith in CA

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

January 19, 2009 11:10 pm at 11:10 pm |
  13. RK

OMG, he IS Dr. Strangelove!

January 19, 2009 11:11 pm at 11:11 pm |
  14. Leon

I see the grade school idiots are still yammering. Your man won and I think he will do a good job so why don't you grow up?

January 19, 2009 11:12 pm at 11:12 pm |
  15. lets play nice

Good.

January 19, 2009 11:13 pm at 11:13 pm |
  16. Jeff

oh, pleeze. Cheney does his own moving. hahahah!!! Not.

January 19, 2009 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  17. kravitz

he should let all the lies and secrets out. all that stress made him pull a muscle. or he figures sitting down makes it harder to be a wife in jail.

January 19, 2009 11:14 pm at 11:14 pm |
  18. malclave

Wow, you liberals just can't let go of your hatred, can you?

Is there a single liberal, anywhere, who has a soul?

Not that this comment will see the board, since CNN supresses anything that doesn't involve the liberal Kool-Aid.

January 19, 2009 11:17 pm at 11:17 pm |
  19. hahahahaha

"Cheney pulled a muscle while moving, according to the White House."

Wow.

January 19, 2009 11:21 pm at 11:21 pm |
  20. wendy

He has pulled a lot more than a muscle. I think he is too much of a coward to stand up and look any one in the eye! He will need to live with his lies for all the years to come. How horrible that he has caused so many to so many people. I am so glad we are on a path to change! The last 8 years have been miserable!

January 19, 2009 11:38 pm at 11:38 pm |
  21. Wes

This man was Bush's puppeteer. We can't even begin to imagine the amount of shady deals and criminal activities this man conducted by controlling that moron named Walker. He used the constitution and Bush's beloved Bible as toilet paper while laughing all the way to the bank. I sure hope Pelosi and Reid have the character and bravery to investigate the role this man played inside the white house during this 8 years... but, I'm not holding my breath.

January 19, 2009 11:42 pm at 11:42 pm |
  22. Tracy

Cheney doing his own moving? I doubt it. He probably didn't trust anyone else to move all the "secret files" he has refused to disclose all these years.

January 20, 2009 02:34 am at 2:34 am |
  23. Rob

He finally found an excuse not to stand up to honor Obama on inauguration day, how convenient!

January 20, 2009 02:59 am at 2:59 am |
  24. Brent A. Pope

Weak back , Strong mind (of a crimminal). I'll give you 5 stars for saving money on moving expenses.
    How low can you go. Can't even employ a moving company to provide Americans just a tad of income.
    He will probably try to collect a disability check from Socal Securty or Workmans Comp. on top of his GOLDEN PARACHUTE we all will pay for.

January 20, 2009 03:02 am at 3:02 am |
  25. skullsoup432

TO BAD HE AND BUSH WEREN'T IN NOOSES.

January 20, 2009 03:02 am at 3:02 am |