January 20th, 2009

Schneider: The world watches America re-invent itself

People all over the world are seeing America re-invent itself.
People all over the world are seeing America re-invent itself.

WASHINGTON (CNN) - This event is getting huge amounts of attention all over the world. I got e-mails about Obama clubs meeting in the Netherlands and Indonesia –- thousands of fans gathering. I spoke to a radio audience in South Africa.

This is truly the re-branding of America. People all over the world are seeing America re-invent itself.

Filed under: Inauguration
  1. demouy

barack will be a great president..
    but why can t america noticed that without the help of french during the independant war, america wouldn t have win that war, because that help was arriving in a critical moment, when all was going badly for the patriots..
    sometimes, courage, hope, duty, is simply not enought..in a global world , whith global thread like global warming, and the constand change of the air composition, america alone cannot win..
    that is why obama is the solution, but i would have appreciate a call to all nations behind him, and behind the values of america...
    even if thoses values has to change, cause we simply not continue to act if we are alone on that small beatifull planet

January 20, 2009 01:12 pm at 1:12 pm |
  2. Dedreck Campbell

I have seen the mountain top on this great day,the highest peak in American Government with an African American President leading the way!!! OBAMA,OBAMA,OBAMA thank you for coming to the rescue of a nation in trouble weakened by the selfish leaders before you!!! It was truly time for a change that change begins today!!!

January 20, 2009 01:12 pm at 1:12 pm |
  3. Ted

I did not vote for Mr. Obama. But, for the next four years, he is my President, and I will be voting for him in my prayers every evening.

A reporter in my ancestral country, Greece, said, the US is like the phoenix. For those that don't know, the phoenix is a mythical Greek bird that is reborn from its own ashes.

God bless America, and its new President!!!!!!

January 20, 2009 03:20 pm at 3:20 pm |
  4. Millie

I am so proud and honored to be an American. I see hope and change in our future and this is the man to do it. I trust in Obama that he will bring change. History was made today and we were all part of it. God Bless us always and God Bless you Obama.

January 20, 2009 03:25 pm at 3:25 pm |
  5. rena

Just remember people, a house divided cannot stand. It is quite obvious that the millions of a American people out in Washington today proved that they want to go in a different and better direction.

What amazes me is that you people are fighting so hard against this man who is trying his best to unite us as a nation along with the many nations who are also divided; yet you let a President walk out of office with out impeachment and has totally ran our country in the ground. You people have the nerve to spew your hate for the new incoming President before he does anything. Either two of things are taking place here, you either are truly racist or you are just down right evil. Either way, you will have to answer to a just God for your actions.

Just like you gave your previously 43 White Presidents a chance to govern this country, give this man the same opportunity and respect. Please be adults and stop acting like children.

January 20, 2009 03:42 pm at 3:42 pm |
  6. Mike

Today is a day in which I am proud to be an American. To see a man become the 44th President of the United States who could not have used the same water fountain or same restroom that I could when growing up is a huge monumental leap in attitude toward each other as Americans. I am also excited to see a man who will lead us out of this economic crisis by showing us that we are all part of the problem and as such it will take "we the people" to all pitch in to do our part to "recreate America." May God bless our new president and guide his hand to lead us back to be once again the beacon of light for all the world to follow.

January 20, 2009 03:57 pm at 3:57 pm |