January 22nd, 2009
7 months ago

Cindy McCain’s two worst days

CNN

Watch Meghan McCain on CNN.

(CNN) - It was a long and grueling presidential campaign, but two days were particularly hard for Cindy McCain.

In an interview with CNN, daughter Meghan Mcain said the two worst days for her mother were Election Day and October 17 - the day the New York Times published a lengthy and largely critical profile of Mrs. McCain.

"The New York Times profile of her came out which I think was a hard day for everyone," Meghan McCain said. "It was a very, in my opinion, not a very good article. It was actually being used in journalism classes as an example of the poor profile on someone, no one ever interviewed her. And it was a very hard thing to read."

Watch the full interview

Filed under: Cindy McCain
  1. Matt

You know...maybe if the media didn't elevate her and her opinion above us "common folk" solely because she's the get of the rich, famous and powerful, we wouldn't be so mean about her. But that's our society for yah...Brangelina's children get front cover of every magazine because yours don't matter and this kid gets to tell the world what she thinks as if we care and it effects us.

January 22, 2009 05:21 pm at 5:21 pm |
  2. Matt

@ bishop

Yes, but staying off national television does. Her choice.

January 22, 2009 05:22 pm at 5:22 pm |
  3. bsmith171

NYT's hates her. she should buy them and make the employees work in daddy's brewery.

January 22, 2009 05:30 pm at 5:30 pm |
  4. Blue Boy

All of you bashing her are cowards. It's amazing that all of you have backbones now that your little lawn ornament is in office. I would love to read articles about all of your degenerate families. It's amazing all of you yellow liberals are so alike. Your so ignorant, you believer every thing CNN tells you. Without question. By the way, I hope all the boys NOBAMA lets out come knocking on your door, not mine. I'll be in the mood for some torture if they do.

January 22, 2009 05:31 pm at 5:31 pm |
  5. Big Deal

I feel sorry for some of you people – you have a lot of hatred for people you don't even know or done you any harm. You may not like the McCain's policies but the fact is they have served this country honorably and they deserve to be treated with respect. You can complain about Cindy having money but at least she uses her money to help others in need – how many people can say that?

January 22, 2009 05:32 pm at 5:32 pm |
  6. MorningStar

Amazing: do to others what you would like to be done to you!

January 22, 2009 05:40 pm at 5:40 pm |
  7. Cindy McThief

Cindy McCain may be a nice woman but she is NOT first lady material. Her history caught up with her. You can not have an affair with a married man and be the first lady.

Also, gone are the days when we have to accept first ladies who never have an opinion and just smile. The Pat Nixon, Nancy Reagan eras are OVER. We want first ladies with substance, and Cindy-watch-me-steal-your-man is not it.

January 22, 2009 05:48 pm at 5:48 pm |
  8. Kevin

If only you could relive each and every moment after what you, your husband, and Sarah Palin put us through, just three days, I would want you to live for the rest of your rich, miserable, agonizing lives: November 4th, and January 19th, and the 20th.

January 22, 2009 05:48 pm at 5:48 pm |
  9. Lisa, MI

There are lots of wealthy people who work, and very hard. Those rich people should be applauded, they don't have to work. Then you have CIndy, who worked and stole drugs on the job.

No way am I going to feel sorry for her.

Go away, boo hoo.

January 22, 2009 05:51 pm at 5:51 pm |
  10. Kevin

Now that I said my piece, C'mon, folks, it's time to fix this country for the good of the world.

January 22, 2009 05:52 pm at 5:52 pm |
  11. Lisa

Cindy McCain would not have moved the country forward, she is old school. She wanted to be the first lady, and who wouldn't want that, but she didn't want to do the work.

I like Michelle, a lot. We made the right choice America.

January 22, 2009 05:53 pm at 5:53 pm |
  12. Chris in Va.

Another sob story from a poor little rich girl. Never has and never will put in a honest day's work in her life. Here's a novel idea. Perhaps if you and Mumsy would do something to contribute to society instead of simply using up oxygen and producing methane you both would have a sense of accomplishment and could move on after those "bad days".

January 22, 2009 06:17 pm at 6:17 pm |
  13. Ruth

Cindy McCain and Andelina Jolie are two of a kind. Home wreckers and cry babies. Both should be so ashame as to never be heard from again. I would never pay to see pig perform on screen and I certainly am glad Cindy is not in the white house. She is so tacky.

January 22, 2009 06:42 pm at 6:42 pm |
  14. Alice Newman Center Harbor NH

If Sarah Palin and Cindy McCain ever host a party for the MSM, the menu will certainly be sour grapes they turned into whine .... and cheesy.

You lost – move on.

January 22, 2009 06:57 pm at 6:57 pm |
  15. John

Cindy McCain picked on by the so-called liberal media?

What a shame.

Pity all the powerless, downtrodden, multi-millionarie heiresses.

January 22, 2009 07:11 pm at 7:11 pm |
  16. yellow dog democrat

I see more hate from both sides and all the finger pointing – everyone is guilty a little....so if we don't want articles like these – we should start saying what is good about someone instead of the other way around...I know that Cindy McCain has done many good things for people all over the world and she could probably run circles around me as far as doing my share.....However, I live in a doublewide, am retired and worked from the day I got out of highschool in 1965! – I vote for people who I can relate to and who I think can relate to people like me and I don't believe in war and I believe and helping people who are down. I believe you should do the best you can and be kind and considerate – so anything be it media articles or bloggers who say very cruel things -- look at yourselves first before you start heaving the rocks!!

January 22, 2009 07:18 pm at 7:18 pm |
  17. D. Mack

megan is right not to comment on the stupidity that comes out of sarah palin's month..... just focus on the future megan

January 22, 2009 07:24 pm at 7:24 pm |