January 22nd, 2009
6 months ago

Cindy McCain’s two worst days

CNN

Watch Meghan McCain on CNN.

(CNN) - It was a long and grueling presidential campaign, but two days were particularly hard for Cindy McCain.

In an interview with CNN, daughter Meghan Mcain said the two worst days for her mother were Election Day and October 17 - the day the New York Times published a lengthy and largely critical profile of Mrs. McCain.

"The New York Times profile of her came out which I think was a hard day for everyone," Meghan McCain said. "It was a very, in my opinion, not a very good article. It was actually being used in journalism classes as an example of the poor profile on someone, no one ever interviewed her. And it was a very hard thing to read."

Watch the full interview

Filed under: Cindy McCain
  1. Jon Davis

Cindy McCain. Sarah Palin. Boo hoo. These two women have greatly raised my esteem for the intellect of Paris Hilton. Seriously.

January 22, 2009 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  2. BK

Gee, it was just a couple of days ago when our new president asked us to quit acting like children. I'm a proud liberal, but I can't say I'm proud of the liberals going after the McCains. If you notice, President Obama continues to show the McCains respect. Don't you think we should do the same?

January 22, 2009 02:54 pm at 2:54 pm |
  3. Dan

I've got to stop reading these comments. I would rather not know that this much hatred and rudeness exists in our country toward anyone that has a different viewpoint. I guess blogs just make it so much easier for people to voice such hatred. No wonder we get the kind of politicians we get. Why would anyone subject themselves and their families to this.

January 22, 2009 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  4. joey from sandiego

maybe she shouldn't cheat on her husband. Then the New York Times would have nothing to talk about. Gotta love republican morals.

January 22, 2009 02:55 pm at 2:55 pm |
  5. KampBell_BrOwn SUx

what a tacky response by a dumb McCain supporter. The 2 worst days are these? What about the reoccuring skin cancer ?? This is why GOps should be banned from america, its always about selfish needs with those people.

January 22, 2009 02:56 pm at 2:56 pm |
  6. Joe in NJ

Hate! Hate! Hate! That's all you people can do. The election is over. Get a life and move on and worry about what your new President is doing instead.

January 22, 2009 02:58 pm at 2:58 pm |
  7. Denise

How would all respond if Obama or his wife Michelle had an unfavorable review...would you say poor baby, oh please. It seems that everyone is brainwashed to believe everything the media says. This goes for both democrats and republicans.

January 22, 2009 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  8. Pinckney

Funny, the liberals have been crying and whinning that they were "victims" since the 2000 election. Thats all you heard, the election was stolen from us, boo hoo, boo hoo.

January 22, 2009 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  9. believe

c. mccain is spoiled, thank God she is not our first lady.

January 22, 2009 02:59 pm at 2:59 pm |
  10. beckyinOhio

I never once considered whether Cindy McCain would make a great first lady when I cast my vote for Obama. I also did not consider whether Michelle Obama would make a great first lady.
    Neither of them were running for President.

January 22, 2009 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  11. I'm just sayin'...

Bravo BK... My thoughts exactly! I'm a PROUD lefty who is ashamed at some of the comments here (and that I've heard in general). We on the left finally have an opportunity to change things for the better – it's beyond disappointing to see so many clinging to the same vitriolic, divissive, and destructive attacks the right has used for so long.

McCain already lost people... give it up and let's get to the business of healing this country. That means putting aside your petty anger for a minute. Let's be bigger than that and show the country why they were RIGHT to vote LEFT.

January 22, 2009 03:00 pm at 3:00 pm |
  12. sick n tired

January 22, 2009 03:02 pm at 3:02 pm |
  13. tom

I have to agree with Dan. What's up with all the vitriol? Pretty depressing to know that, regardless of whether they are liberal or conservative, there are just a lot of nasty people out there.

January 22, 2009 03:04 pm at 3:04 pm |
  14. Larry C. in Houston TX

Thank You , Proud American / Thank You Maddie !!!

I Totally Agree !!

January 22, 2009 03:04 pm at 3:04 pm |
  15. Demo Joe

I hope you read this stuff we write. It will show you that Americans are tired of people like your family. It's like religion "do what I say not what I do" attitude. Wise up, we all read and listen and you guys and you are NOT in control anymore. What about the people who lost money with John McCain and the Keating 6 mess. They took people's hard earn money? And americans allow it to happen again. Why didn't this come out in the election? I guess if you smile with your plastic faces, we are suppose to believe you are a true person. HELL US CAN READ NOW!

January 22, 2009 03:04 pm at 3:04 pm |
  16. Mike, Syracuse NY

joey from sandiego January 22nd, 2009 2:55 pm ET

Answer: Clinton/Lewinski, Barney Frank/male hooker, Blago/pay for seat,, Jesse Jackson/Child out of wedlock, Rangel/failure to pay taxes, Geitner/failure to pay taxes, etc. Still want to talk about morals pinhead?

January 22, 2009 03:05 pm at 3:05 pm |
  17. sick n tired

If you can't handle public scrutiny then you should stay out of the public eye! Its just that simple! Apparently you didn't give it much thought BEFORE you married a public and political figure in John McCain. I mean seriously?! C'mon CNN! Stop violating my freedom of speech and post this!!!!!!

January 22, 2009 03:05 pm at 3:05 pm |
  18. cathy

I was really disappointed in Cindy McCain this campaign season. The whole "I love my country" bit really seemed below her. The first time she claimed it was spontaneous and then she did it again. If you watched her on the campaign trail she did not appear approachable nor did she appear to connect to regular people. She has been very outspoken against the press regarding her husband's campaign, the problem here is that the press isn't responsible for the failures of the campaign and candidate. Personally, I would have thought the 2000 campaign would have been much more difficult for her because the attacks at that time were truly personal and over the top.

January 22, 2009 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |
  19. Larry C. in Houston TX

This is to "Beefy Daddy" ..... I was truly apalled when I heard that "Rush" hoped that our current elected President of the United States "Fail" !!!!

I've never in my life heard any news station or news reporter "hope"
    that ANY government administration "Fail" !!!

What's that make people think, of any news reporter, ( radio or T.V. ) that would say such a statement ??

Even if people didn't vote for the incoming elected President, they certainly would "support" him, even if you really didn't do anything,
    you would at least SAY that you support the new president !!!!

January 22, 2009 03:06 pm at 3:06 pm |
  20. Ticker Shock

Maybe it's just one of the perils of wealth.

January 22, 2009 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  21. Wally

@ BK,

I'm a conservative, not republican, but I whole-heartedly agree with you. It's time we all stop acting like children. We need to take a collective deep breath, and grow up.

January 22, 2009 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  22. buckeye diva

Poorly written or not (I don't know–haven't seen the article), the real question is: DID THE ARTICLE LIE????? If it spoke the truth, then what on earth is this child's problem?

January 22, 2009 03:07 pm at 3:07 pm |
  23. Larry C. in Houston TX

I Totally Agree with You, Beefy Daddy !!!!

January 22, 2009 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  24. Veronica

Lets move on.We have a lot of work to do.

btw...Im very proud of you,President Barack Obama.

January 22, 2009 03:08 pm at 3:08 pm |
  25. loribee

C'mon! Let's move on. There are more important things that we need to focus on like the economy, rather than Cindy McCain's two worst days!

January 22, 2009 03:09 pm at 3:09 pm |