January 22nd, 2009
7 months ago

Cindy McCain’s two worst days

CNN

Watch Meghan McCain on CNN.

(CNN) - It was a long and grueling presidential campaign, but two days were particularly hard for Cindy McCain.

In an interview with CNN, daughter Meghan Mcain said the two worst days for her mother were Election Day and October 17 - the day the New York Times published a lengthy and largely critical profile of Mrs. McCain.

"The New York Times profile of her came out which I think was a hard day for everyone," Meghan McCain said. "It was a very, in my opinion, not a very good article. It was actually being used in journalism classes as an example of the poor profile on someone, no one ever interviewed her. And it was a very hard thing to read."

Watch the full interview

Filed under: Cindy McCain
  1. Tony

No one cares what Cindy McCain, John McCain, the Bush's, the Cheney's, or the Palin's think. Good Riddens to all of them.

January 22, 2009 04:02 pm at 4:02 pm |
  2. Maggie from Virginia

When you are a child, you say childish things. Some of the ignorant comments are probably from children. Please keep that in mind.

January 22, 2009 04:03 pm at 4:03 pm |
  3. Francheska

Oh, cry me a river!! Isn't there anything important to report.? Who really cares about Cindy McCain and what her hardest days were? There are starving children and wars going on...talk about a hard day Cindy...try being a starving child in the middle of a war. GEESH!!

January 22, 2009 04:03 pm at 4:03 pm |
  4. Ommy

What a bunch of mean-spirited people we are. Talk about the politics of personal destruction. Look at these comments. We get the politicians we deserve.

January 22, 2009 04:05 pm at 4:05 pm |
  5. believe

if this is her two worst days, then she's never had a bad day, tell her to watch the news, look at the people that are living in the streets, the people who can't buy food for their families, all the foreclosers due to her husbands administration.

January 22, 2009 04:06 pm at 4:06 pm |
  6. renato sangio

i've been out of work now almost one year, so that makes almost 365 bad days. i rent, not own 7 houses; and i collect unemployment, not have 100s of millions to fall back on. feel bad for me?
    ps: i can coordinate an outfit with more than one color.

January 22, 2009 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  7. Purple Alaska

Truth~ is oftentimes painful...so quite your whining.

January 22, 2009 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  8. WVgirl

If I remember correctly Cindy McCain did some mud slinging herself...

January 22, 2009 04:07 pm at 4:07 pm |
  9. Bill G, TX

They didn't interview her because she didn't make herself available for an interview. Sorry Cindy, you can't hide from an interview then go bash it because they didn't interview you.

And of course the reason you didn't want to do an interview is because you didn't want any questions about your arrest for stealing drugs from the non-profit you sat on the board of. Understandable, but don't then send your daughter out to whine about it.

January 22, 2009 04:09 pm at 4:09 pm |
  10. Cheryl Knoxville

"It seems as if your mother is teaching you to do exactly as she does. Lie and cheat. The American people showed your mother on November 4, 2008 we don't want/like house wreckers and liars. As far as the NY Times goes–I'm sure she's heard a lot worse. Please both of you go away!"

Shirley: Why don't you go away! You are the underside of the belly of Obama!

January 22, 2009 04:12 pm at 4:12 pm |
  11. boo hoo botox babe

that's the price of public life ... either retire or get over it

January 22, 2009 04:14 pm at 4:14 pm |
  12. John

The TRUTH hurts, now what a surprise that the elections biggest liars didn't like the spotlight.

Get over it, the rich can't get their way all the time. Eight years of elitism pampering was way too much.

January 22, 2009 04:15 pm at 4:15 pm |
  13. Al, NY NY

To NYT is a Rag. I suppose the Washington Times, and NY Post are "reputable" papers? The Post is owned by that bastion of fairness Rupert Murdoch (Faux News). Those papers had no problem ripping Obama and his family regularly

January 22, 2009 04:15 pm at 4:15 pm |
  14. Angela

Cindy, Cindy, Cindy,

For someone who has had every possible thing handed to her on a silver platter, you should be happy as a clam. Never work a day in your life and never worry about putting food on the table. Wow, what a life. Get over it and be grateful for all you have. My goodness what a spoiled little child you are.

January 22, 2009 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  15. worriedmom

I have come to the conclusion that the Left are bitter, hateful people but yet they want to preach "peace" and "euphoria". I think the Left need to get over their vented hate for people that don't agree with them. DIdn't your Mom ever teach you that "differences of opions is what makes the world go around". I don't like a lot of things that people do, but it is not gonna ruin my life or make me not sleep at night. Get over it and get on with your life.
    I am not sure why CNN feels this is newsworthy/

January 22, 2009 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  16. Picker

I'm sorry , Is this where poor stupid people comment about how much they just hate rich successful people?

January 22, 2009 04:17 pm at 4:17 pm |
  17. Wicca for Obama

GO AWAY!! Why are these people STILL out there?

January 22, 2009 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  18. David

If I disagree about any of Obama's policies, I am considered a hater and have no rights to speak. Cindy McCain complains about a very bad piece of reporting and she is a hater. Some please tell me why a responding comment calling her a liar and a cheat is not hateful. This country is split down the middle in regards to how we should approach government. Just because the democrats have control of Congress and the Executive branch, does not give you free will to force down your agenda on everyone and call anyone who objects a hater. This will alienate half of the country. All of the issues need to be debated to come up with solutions that are fair to everyone. We do not need policies that only benefit 10% of the population. We need to stop the name calling and look after the long term future of our country. Disagreeing is not hateful. Booing someone you dislike is hateful.

January 22, 2009 04:19 pm at 4:19 pm |
  19. Matt in Oregon

Spoiled brat. Are you supposed to feel sorry for her pill-popping, botoxed, society-pages bimbo mother? I'd send them a consolation card, but I wouldn't know which of their eight or nine castles to send it to.

January 22, 2009 04:20 pm at 4:20 pm |
  20. Proud American

Cindy McCain has enough money to be the best dressed crack head in the country. You lost get over it and go shopping.

January 22, 2009 04:21 pm at 4:21 pm |
  21. Dana from NY

Yea her two worst days compared to how many horrific days Michelle Obama had to hide the papers from her children... Cry me a river but what was said about Cindy McCain in that one article is nothing compared to what they said about Barack Obama and his wife through out the duration of that whole campaign...(and what some are still saying to this day mind you- the ingorant people who still think Obama is not a US born citizen because of all the spam hate email they blasted all over the internet) they shouldn't have cast the first hundred stones and maybe one wouldnt have been thrown back at them!

January 22, 2009 04:21 pm at 4:21 pm |
  22. Ry

There are people starving in this country.

There are people that can't afford to see a doctor in this country.

Millions have lost their jobs and lost their homes.

I'm supposed to feel sorry for a millionaire drug addict because there was a critical article written about her?

January 22, 2009 04:25 pm at 4:25 pm |
  23. Lori

@Rick in WA:

Franken and the Democrats don't need to have a popular radio talk show. They aren't a part of the losing/sinking ship called the Republican party. THEY'RE IN POWER, BABY!!!! Who needs talk radio fans when you have the American people who believe in you.

Tell Meghan McCain that I am not interested in what she or her mother has to say. We have a new President and we need to fix America after George W destroyed it.

January 22, 2009 04:26 pm at 4:26 pm |
  24. JC

Not impressed with the McCain whine about the press or intrusion into their privacy. Cindy knew what she was getting into. At any point she could have said, "John I hate the way I'm treated withdraw or do it yourself." I have the same lack of sympathy for Caroline Kennedy who, though she did the decent thing in withdrawing, was not in anyway qualified to be a US senator. She wrote books on privacy and IMHO was shocked at the intrusion into her life. I'm not used to seeing her at all because she hasn't done anything noteworthy and isn't running for or the spouse of anyone in public office at the federal level (covering myself not from NY and don't know what her hubby does).

Cindy and Caroline both willfully chose their bed. Lie in it.

January 22, 2009 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  25. Highly Favored

Why must we keep segregating ourselves by using labels such as “Right and Left, Conservatives and Liberals? I am an American citizen who happens to be affiliated with the Democratic Party. I am an educated, hard working tax payer who loves Jesus, my neighbors; diverse or otherwise.

This bigotry and hate has got to cease. Contrary to popular belief, no one is better than anyone else. The beautiful thing about America is that it is a kaleidoscope of people whom come from all walks of life.
    Do we think on Judgment Day, God is going to call Right and Left, Conservatives and Liberals? I don’t think so.

He is going to call for SERVANTS . . . . And I’m happy to be one!

January 22, 2009 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |