January 22nd, 2009
8 months ago

Cindy McCain’s two worst days

CNN

Watch Meghan McCain on CNN.

(CNN) - It was a long and grueling presidential campaign, but two days were particularly hard for Cindy McCain.

In an interview with CNN, daughter Meghan Mcain said the two worst days for her mother were Election Day and October 17 - the day the New York Times published a lengthy and largely critical profile of Mrs. McCain.

"The New York Times profile of her came out which I think was a hard day for everyone," Meghan McCain said. "It was a very, in my opinion, not a very good article. It was actually being used in journalism classes as an example of the poor profile on someone, no one ever interviewed her. And it was a very hard thing to read."

Watch the full interview

Filed under: Cindy McCain
  1. bishop

Being wealthy does not shield a person from being hurt.

January 22, 2009 04:34 pm at 4:34 pm |
  2. TheTruthHurts

Yet more examples of the "tolerant" Left. You hate-filled little thugs need some reality beaten into you.

January 22, 2009 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  3. Sid PA

@Steve January 22nd, 2009 11:46 am ET
    You people really have to stop listening to clowns like Hannity and Bill O'Reilly, and check the REAL facts.......Don't leave Out Rush pill taking Limbaugh !!!

January 22, 2009 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  4. enough

demwit January 22nd, 2009 3:35 pm ET

" If Michelle was a ex- drug user and thief the media would have destoryed her"

Then why didn't they destroy Barrack Obama??

Dimwit-why didn't they destroy Bush? Did you forget that the decider was a coke head as well as a drunk?

January 22, 2009 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |
  5. Kristina

Waah. Go have some caviar, Cindy, you'll feel better.

January 22, 2009 04:43 pm at 4:43 pm |
  6. Freed_From_W

Would this be the new Lost Election Barbie?
    I hear it comes with 7 – scratch that – an unconfirmed amount of dream houses, no concept of the value of a dollar, and unearned respect.

January 22, 2009 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  7. KMAN

If there was anything positive to say about this pathetic excuse of a woman ... it would be printed! She is an adultress ... what would you expect to be written or said about her?

January 22, 2009 04:48 pm at 4:48 pm |
  8. once upon a horse

man oh man...we have talk show host wishing that our president fails at everything and we have folks here wishing terrible things to happen to the McCains. As a person that's in the middle I've seen enough venom on both the left and the right that it makes me glad I fit into niether catagory. I hope we can unite behind our president even if you didn't vote for him, but that seems to be a hard task at the least.

January 22, 2009 04:49 pm at 4:49 pm |
  9. davinder

Must have been real tough for the mult -millionaire.

January 22, 2009 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  10. Highly Favored

Sorry Fairness in Media. If Conservative Talk Radio had such a huge fan base, they would be more competitive, at best at least a viable threat to mainstream news media stations such as CNN, MSNBC, etc. Conservative Talk Radio spews hatred, divisiveness and bigotry.

I am appalled at the likes of Rush, Sean and Michael Savage. America and Beautiful can never live up to its promise as long as you have people like these filtering our minds with this useless attempt at news/journalism.

January 22, 2009 04:50 pm at 4:50 pm |
  11. Larry from RI

Boo-hoo!
    Hey Cindy, why don't you go cry along with Sarah and seek consolation in the company of another spoiled and pampered whiner.

Life is tough, get a helmet – we all had to!

January 22, 2009 04:51 pm at 4:51 pm |
  12. KMAN

Megan ... get over yourself ... YOU are a nobody!

January 22, 2009 04:51 pm at 4:51 pm |
  13. Mississippi Man

Meghan must be taking que from Rush. NYT tried to get her mother to interview for the story by she wouldn't so Meghan is crying that they "did interview her" sounds like a typical Rush Spin.

Given me a break.

January 22, 2009 04:54 pm at 4:54 pm |
  14. Dr Rossifer

OMG... I'm Cindy McCain and I had a bad day.... I had better go count all the millions daddy left me when I inherited his beer distribution biz. The world's economic system is in ruins, millions unemployed, and Cindy has a bad day.... Hey, have a Bud on me.

January 22, 2009 04:54 pm at 4:54 pm |
  15. LL

Ommy, you have it right.

January 22, 2009 04:58 pm at 4:58 pm |
  16. Voter

I did not vote for John McCain. I was appalled at the NYT article on Cindy McCain. It was largely inaccurate, small-minded and belonged in the gossip columns of wannabe's.

Just because the NYT as a newspaper supported Obama is no reason to make personally hurtful remarks and adopt a nasty tell-all style about, not toward the candidate, but toward the spouse of the candidate, they opposed.

It took me a long time to read the NYT again, and now I do so with a jaundiced eye.

January 22, 2009 05:03 pm at 5:03 pm |
  17. Deb

I am a democrat. Howvever, I don't think half of Obama's supporters really listen to what he says. He is not a mean sprited guy and disagrees without being disagreeable. We need to try and follow our new leader example. Please stop with all the nasty comments and disagree like adults

January 22, 2009 05:04 pm at 5:04 pm |
  18. Patrick

The NYT lost it's credibity long ago. I wouldn't worry about what they say about you or anyone else.

January 22, 2009 05:06 pm at 5:06 pm |
  19. renee

THE TWO WORST DAYS SHOULD HAVE BEEN WHEN HER FATHER RAN FOR PREZ AND WHEN HE ASKED SARAH PALIN TO JOIN HIM LOLLLLLLL!!!!!!!

January 22, 2009 05:06 pm at 5:06 pm |
  20. sad so sad

I used to think the politicians were ruining this country BUT I have come to the conclusion it is a combo of the biased media who refuse's to tell the truth or the whole story BUT most of all the HATE that you people have for each other . It is DISGUSTING the thought of some of you peole raising the future generation of this country make's me sick and scared for my own children who will have to deal with these hate filled spawns of your's. sad so sad.

January 22, 2009 05:06 pm at 5:06 pm |
  21. joshua

peace and love peace and love

hate and vitriol hate and vitriol

can the libs ever make up their minds?

January 22, 2009 05:09 pm at 5:09 pm |
  22. EC

Cindy McCain and any other politicians wife, etc. KNOWS that if you do something like steal and abuse drugs and lie about it OR enter into an AFFAIR with a man you KNOW is still legally married. YOU HAVE NO INTEGRITY, and these acts will come back and bite you over and over!!!

Being a RICH girl or woman does NOT excuse you for doing "dirty and dishonest deeds". Everything that GOES AROUND, ALWAYS COMES AROUND." Hello.

GOD never sleeps and Cindy McCain with ALL her millions lack the integrity and honor she obviously so desperately seeks by way of her daughter Meghan speaking on her behalf.

January 22, 2009 05:14 pm at 5:14 pm |
  23. jbeeee

Why is Sabrina the Teenage Witch talking about Cindy McCain?

January 22, 2009 05:17 pm at 5:17 pm |
  24. Brendan H., San Antonio, TX

Here is the quintessential bubble-headed blonde!!!

The acorn did not fall far from the tree!!!

Hey, wasn't she a Miss Teen contestant from South Carolina?!

January 22, 2009 05:18 pm at 5:18 pm |
  25. Las Vegas Gal

Picker I'm sorry , Is this where poor stupid people comment about how much they just hate rich successful people?

Successful my butt she is rich from her family she is no one and not even her family could buy her way into the White House

January 22, 2009 05:21 pm at 5:21 pm |