January 22nd, 2009

Paterson to announce Senate replacement Friday

(CNN) - New York Mayor David Paterson is set to announce Friday his choice to replace Hillary Clinton in the Senate.

According to the governor's office, Paterson will make the announcement at 12:00 p.m. ET Friday.

Caroline Kennedy, considered the frontrunner for the post, formally withdrew her name from consideration Wednesday night, citing personal reasons.

Filed under: David Paterson • New York
  1. Stop The Pressess

I like how un-informed the press is on this one.

At some point, all the mindless, gossip-like probing by reporters has got to be annoying to those in positions of managerial authority.

I hope this episode contributes to the press learning it's place again and not thinking it is supreme.

Due to political correctness, a sitting governor would never be so blunt as to tell the media .... "That's none of your business and I have no intention of discussing that topic now" ... but he/she should do so more frequently.

Sorry Edward R. Murrow but you are not going to know everything....

January 22, 2009 07:50 pm at 7:50 pm |
  2. MGK

He's been downgraded to mayor, huh?

January 22, 2009 07:51 pm at 7:51 pm |
  3. About time

Good lord Paterson? You milked this thing for all its worth yet? Blagojevich is in a federal investigation and he beat you by a month. It's absolutely disgusting how blatantly you're using this just to increase your own popularity. Would you just pick someone already and stop trying to draw attention to yourself?

January 22, 2009 08:24 pm at 8:24 pm |
  4. John in VA

Come on Byron Brown!

January 22, 2009 09:10 pm at 9:10 pm |
  5. Chris from NY

It doesn't matter anymore but one thing I know is that if he picks someone I don't like I will not vote for the person in the rerun election. I have lived in NY for a long time and have voted ever since I became eligible to do so. But I will not vote just for anyone, not after being more knowledgable of how politics should be run in this past election.

January 22, 2009 09:20 pm at 9:20 pm |
  6. Rich Poore

Obama has done nothing and has no experince. and to make it worse he has Hillary Clinton She is a liar what kind of person would pick her except the same kind of people. OH and by the way he is not black he is white that's right surprise. well things are going to get real bad just wait and see. Because no one listens to the President anyway you have Nasty Bologna in the house of reps and the Homosexuals’ and Child Diddlers. this is who is running the USA. this place is getting bad... I am thinking of going to Canada or something this sucks BAD!

January 22, 2009 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  7. Kay

Good Lord, make the announcement and get it over with!

January 22, 2009 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  8. Peter (CA)

Well, does anyone have an idea who it will be?
    Andrew Cuomo?