January 23rd, 2009
6 months ago

Palin looking for book deal?

Palin has reportedly hired a powerful DC attorney
Palin has reportedly hired a powerful DC attorney

(CNN) - Could Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin be coming to a bookstore or television near you?

Palin has reportedly hired a powerful Washington, DC attorney who has successfully landed lucrative media deals for other political rock stars, a signal the former Republican vice presidential candidate may be interested in further expanding her media exposure in the coming months.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Palin has secured the services of Robert Barnett, the Washington lawyer who negotiated highly profitable book deals for Bill and Hillary Clinton. (Bill Clinton was paid $10 million by Alfred A. Knopf publishing to write his memoirs and Hillary Clinton garnered $8 million by Simon & Schuster to write hers.)

Barnett has also negotiated book deals for President Obama and Obama campaign manager David Plouffe, and has landed lucrative television contracts for many high-profile network anchors and correspondents.

Barnett would not confirm or deny that he is now working for Palin. Palin's office did not respond to a request for comment.

Several publishers have said Palin could fetch up to $7 million to write a book about her unlikely VP bid, and could rake in millions more as a television host after her gubernatorial term ends in 2010.

But should Palin decide on a presidential run, federal election regulations would almost certainly keep her from hosting a television show.

Filed under: Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. Max Pargament

Why did every person with their month or two of fame think they have a right to do something special when they have 0 credentials to? Sarah & the plumber need to chill.

Besides I seriously doubt Palin could even begin to write a book, unless of course it was called: My Pet Goat # 2

And CNN stop giving this woman so much coverage. I dont see Mccain getting 1/2 the attention she is.

January 22, 2009 06:24 pm at 6:24 pm |
  2. Allen

Good Grief!!! Doesn't this ever end???

January 22, 2009 06:24 pm at 6:24 pm |
  3. Knox

Wow, "Governor Palin's record of achievement is huge"? Funny that didn't come out in the campaign.

At all.

January 22, 2009 06:25 pm at 6:25 pm |
  4. dawn

Palin has nothing to offer. I wouldn't buy a book, listen to or watch her. Heard and saw enough the first time.

January 22, 2009 06:26 pm at 6:26 pm |
  5. Liz T, Tucson

As a proud liberal, I don't mind admitting that a book from Sarah Palin would be interesting and commercially viable. I think her apparent ignorance is no worse than someone else with similar education of any ideology and she could write a book with help. I just hope that she lets go of the humble hockey mom image when she begins to pursue the opportunities of greed and exploitation. Who wouldn't do what she is apparently doing? Especially in this economy!

January 22, 2009 06:27 pm at 6:27 pm |
  6. Jimmie

I'd definitely buy Sarah Palin's book. It would be interesting, that's for sure. And CNN, her term ends in 2010, but Governor Palin could decide to seek a second term.

Write that book, Sarah!

January 22, 2009 06:27 pm at 6:27 pm |
  7. bobby

The only book deal she should get a coloring book.

bobby
    calgary

January 22, 2009 06:27 pm at 6:27 pm |
  8. Dave

I guess I should go out and buy stock in crayons. This moron couldn't fill out a bingo card let alone write a book...

January 22, 2009 06:28 pm at 6:28 pm |
  9. shoegazer

Oww,Oww,my teeth hurt.Why does this woman want to torment us so.

January 22, 2009 06:28 pm at 6:28 pm |
  10. Jay

How can u be the most popular governor that nobody ever heard until a few months ago. She is the most popular governor in Alaska that is it.

January 22, 2009 06:28 pm at 6:28 pm |
  11. Samia

good for you, the true most be out.BRAVO

January 22, 2009 06:28 pm at 6:28 pm |
  12. Samuel

Here we are, now we all know what she meant with "Country First"...."My Wallet First".

January 22, 2009 06:29 pm at 6:29 pm |
  13. leapfrog

Criminies, will Ticker PLEASE stop running stories about this woman? There's plenty of real news out there without dredging up the foibles of has-been wanna bes.

January 22, 2009 06:29 pm at 6:29 pm |
  14. California Gold

Just what the world needs: another coloring book.

January 22, 2009 06:30 pm at 6:30 pm |
  15. Dee

Let her do a book with Sean Hannity. The two of them were best of buddies during the campaigning. If people heard what he was saying they would of realized towards the end she was repeating him
    exactly. They would make a great couple. Both have empty heads and
    are very much in love with themselves.

I would not waste my money on a book from her.

January 22, 2009 06:30 pm at 6:30 pm |
  16. Do As I Say ... Not As I Do

Doesn't the Alaska Constitution prevent her from profiting from book deals while she is Governor?

If so, she is like every other republican that bends the rules to suit her selfish agenda.

January 22, 2009 06:30 pm at 6:30 pm |
  17. Ruth

Just put her on a slow boat to China along with Rush Stupidbaugh, Sean Hannity , Ann Coulter and Bill Riley-then sink it.

January 22, 2009 06:31 pm at 6:31 pm |
  18. Give me a break!

Geez...just when you think she FINALLY went away...CNN please don't mention this woman again!! On Tuesday, I relished the fact that Joe Biden was taking that oath and NOT Palin. She needs to go away!!

January 22, 2009 06:32 pm at 6:32 pm |
  19. sue

SHe will obviously have someone write for her...cause if she writes as she speaks, we will not be able to make any sense.
    I just hope that she gets a job with FOX-that way she would be contained-then we could ignore her, like we do Orielly,hannity,and all the other ignorant FOX peeps.

January 22, 2009 06:32 pm at 6:32 pm |
  20. Moana Hoban

I am certain Palin's book would sell, but I am a bit surprised by the way she is seeking out media attention when she has claimed that they have misrepresented her and her family. She does not want the media writing about her children, which is understandable, but she uses them to demonstrate her family values when it suits her media purpose. Is it fair to ask the media to leave them alone when it is negative attention, but to use the media to promote their ideal family for positive attention? I have a hard time respecting this woman.

January 22, 2009 06:32 pm at 6:32 pm |
  21. Sophia in Canada

Please, please, please I beg you Sarah -
    GO AWAY !!!!!
    Please –
    I will pay you.

January 22, 2009 06:32 pm at 6:32 pm |
  22. Alice Newman Center Harbor NH

Palin couldn't remember what she reads... now she wanted to write a book? Who will be the ghost writer ... who will buy the book? She'll be in the $1.00 book bin at WalMart in three weeks after publication.

January 22, 2009 06:33 pm at 6:33 pm |
  23. Stu-Florida

Isn't she or isn't she sopposed to be the Governor of Alaska. Is everything there going so smoothly that she can afford all of these extra curricular activities? Isn't she also a new Grandmother, besides the rest of her family that may/may not miss her?

One more question... ISN'T SHE EVER GOING AWAY... FAR AWAY?
    QUIETLY??????????????????/

January 22, 2009 06:33 pm at 6:33 pm |
  24. Chris

I feel sorry for whoever her editor is going to be. If she writes like she speaks he'll be in for tons of overtime.

January 22, 2009 06:35 pm at 6:35 pm |
  25. mel

i'm hoping she does get a job as a tv host. i think she would be pretty good at it. what she went to school for. hope they offer her lots of money to do it. anything to get her out of politics.

January 22, 2009 06:35 pm at 6:35 pm |