January 23rd, 2009
11 months ago

Palin looking for book deal?

Palin has reportedly hired a powerful DC attorney
Palin has reportedly hired a powerful DC attorney

(CNN) - Could Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin be coming to a bookstore or television near you?

Palin has reportedly hired a powerful Washington, DC attorney who has successfully landed lucrative media deals for other political rock stars, a signal the former Republican vice presidential candidate may be interested in further expanding her media exposure in the coming months.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Palin has secured the services of Robert Barnett, the Washington lawyer who negotiated highly profitable book deals for Bill and Hillary Clinton. (Bill Clinton was paid $10 million by Alfred A. Knopf publishing to write his memoirs and Hillary Clinton garnered $8 million by Simon & Schuster to write hers.)

Barnett has also negotiated book deals for President Obama and Obama campaign manager David Plouffe, and has landed lucrative television contracts for many high-profile network anchors and correspondents.

Barnett would not confirm or deny that he is now working for Palin. Palin's office did not respond to a request for comment.

Several publishers have said Palin could fetch up to $7 million to write a book about her unlikely VP bid, and could rake in millions more as a television host after her gubernatorial term ends in 2010.

But should Palin decide on a presidential run, federal election regulations would almost certainly keep her from hosting a television show.

Filed under: Popular Posts • Sarah Palin
  1. Brent

I think that's great that she will be doing a book. I wonder if it will come with crayons or you have to buy your own. "Katie Couric made me so mad, she made me so mad it made me sad. What do you read, said bad Katie, I read everything said nice ole me".
    Should be a hoot!

January 22, 2009 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  2. TheTruthHurts

Oh great, CNN, time to throw some c h u m out to the sharks. Insert hateful Lib remarks here.....

January 22, 2009 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  3. Brandon from Ohio

She better look for some kind of income - if the voters of Alaska have half of a brain, they'll be voting her out of office when her term is up based on the sheer idiocy she's demonstrated in front of the entire country.

January 22, 2009 04:30 pm at 4:30 pm |
  4. R.I.P. GOP

A book deal for what? You have not accomplished anything and your dumber than the average republican.

January 22, 2009 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  5. Tony in Maine

I wonder who will ghost it.

January 22, 2009 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  6. Kevin

"The End."

There - there's your book. Now go away, already.

January 22, 2009 04:31 pm at 4:31 pm |
  7. Eric M

Since when are Bill & Hillary Clinton or David Plouffe considered "political rock stars"? I guess using a less dismissive phrase like "other notable political figures" is a bit too much to ask in a story on Palin.

And now, cue up 500 posts of people calling her a dumb redneck.

January 22, 2009 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  8. Chris from NY

I am just so sorry for the people that will read it.

January 22, 2009 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  9. Diane

She can write it, a publisher can publish it, but I would not trade my hard earned money for it, and I would not waste my precious time reading it. It would have to be ghostwritten anyway or the whole thing would be one long sentence.

January 22, 2009 04:32 pm at 4:32 pm |
  10. Jeff

Serah palin has no political or oratory skills whatsoever. The biggest danger to her is that she is clueless about it. Sarah learn from me " its better to keep quete and be called a fool than to open your mouth and prove all that". I tink you are cute and good at heart – get career counseling.

January 22, 2009 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  11. Matt

The best part? People will read 300-400 pages about this moron and she'll make a mint. Go figure.

January 22, 2009 04:33 pm at 4:33 pm |
  12. Matt

Will it be a children's book?

January 22, 2009 04:34 pm at 4:34 pm |
  13. Will-South Dakota

SHOW ME THE MONEY!

January 22, 2009 04:34 pm at 4:34 pm |
  14. Matt

Wait wait...coloring book or pop-ups?

January 22, 2009 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |
  15. Farrell, Houston, Tx

I hope Palin uses the money to educate herself, husband, children, son-in-law to be and his mother. The world is not looking to read about these Hillbillies.

January 22, 2009 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |
  16. Boston Irish

If she wrote a book, I'd buy it. I think it would be very interesting reading.

January 22, 2009 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |
  17. In Houston, TX

NO SARA PALIN WILL NOT GO AWAY SO JUST QUIT ASKING THE MEDIA TO STOP REPORTING ON HER!!!

You just know that this is going to be one of those books that somebody else writes and she (the subject of said bood) is going to take credit for it. I wonder who is going to write the book for her. I'll bet it's going to be one of Bush/McCain speechwriters. Those guys are real good at making stupid people look smart.

January 22, 2009 04:35 pm at 4:35 pm |
  18. change in America

Please not her again..........I would not dare buy her book

January 22, 2009 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  19. Larry from RI

And then she'll whine about the negative reviews as "unfair or influenced by the liberal press".

Is there no end to her ego?

What an unabashed publicity hound!

January 22, 2009 04:38 pm at 4:38 pm |
  20. once upon a horse

I'm sure a book by Gov. Palin, especially if it tells all the dirt behind the campaign, will go flying off the shelves. It will be right up there along with the book by "Joe the Plumber" which I have YET to see at ANY bookstore or ANY bestseller list.

January 22, 2009 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  21. kgeukes

I hope she doesn't expect too many people to buy this piece of trash.

January 22, 2009 04:39 pm at 4:39 pm |
  22. Linda in MS

Betcha that book will sell like hotcakes..it ought to be a hoot!
    This is going to be a real fun afternoon and night reading all of the stuff people will be writing on this one. I predict 595 or more responses, each more hilarious than the next Admit it, folks, we kinda missed the old girl for a few days, didn't we?

January 22, 2009 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  23. Proud American in a Big Western City

Will this train wreck never cease? The only talk show that could possibly want to touch this woman is either Jerry Springer or Rush Limbaugh–and that only as a guest! She'd be even more annoying than Rachel Ray!

January 22, 2009 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  24. peter

She cannot speak well and admittedly does not read. Therefore, it is safe to say she is not that much of a writer. It's hard to imagine Palin having enough material to fill the captions of a standard comic book, and out of the question to believe she is capable of writing a full length book. Every other person metioned in the article is well-spoken, educated, and highly accomplished – unlike Palin.

January 22, 2009 04:40 pm at 4:40 pm |
  25. Zach

I think a book by Sarah would be great - love her or hate her, she certainly has an interesting story.

January 22, 2009 04:41 pm at 4:41 pm |