WASHINGTON (CNN) - Security experts are questioning information released by the Pentagon last week, saying 61 former detainees from its detention center at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, may have returned to terrorist activities.
The report, released days before President Obama took office, says 18 former detainees are confirmed to have participated in attacks, and 43 are suspected to have been involved in attacks.
That figure would be about 11 percent of the roughly 520 prisoners that have been released from Guantanamo, which Obama on Thursday ordered be shut down.
Just turn them All loose , so we can try and round them back up . You have already seen what some have already done. Now we can be on the watch for them.
In the future , we will look back an see what big mistake they made by releasing them . After they murder many more.
Wake up . Before you are awaken with another , History making Blast.
Well, now we have it...the Pentagon is making this up. The Gitmo folks are okay, just misunderstood. As BHO says, if we are just nice to them then they will be nice to us.
BHO is now acting like W, starting down a path (Iraq and Gitmo shutdown) without an execution plan or an exit strategy. This is going to be ugly.