February 7th, 2009

Palin presses Obama on pipeline

In a letter to the president, the former vice presidential candidate urges Obama to discuss the construction of an Alaska natural gas pipeline when he sits down with Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper.

(CNN) – Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin made a special appeal to President Obama Friday, asking him to keep her state in mind when he travels to Canada in two weeks.

“Alaskans have appreciated your strong support for the construction of such a pipeline," Palin wrote. "This project is now moving forward, and I believe that a discussion between you and Prime Minister Harper would greatly facilitate the process now under way.”

The pipeline, currently in planning stages, could reportedly generate thousands of jobs and billions of dollars in revenue for the state. Obama expressed support for the project during the campaign.

Filed under: Popular Posts • President Obama • Sarah Palin
  1. Alistair

CNN I know you think Sarah is hot but do the American people a favor, quit giving this lady coverage please!!!

February 6, 2009 08:25 pm at 8:25 pm |
  2. Anonymous

who really wrote the letter

February 6, 2009 08:26 pm at 8:26 pm |
  3. I love the Liberal Left Wackos

A letter that actually addresses something that would boost the economy and actually create jobs.
    What many posters on CNN don't get is that the billions for a water park, and the 700 G's to plant trees in Providence R.I. does not in any way create jobs or stimulate an economy.
    Hi, I am a liberal and let me show you how I can spend, spend, spend some more and get nothing in return
    And for those of you who really dislike the lady cuz hate is a really strong word, she was a V.P. candidate, and regardless of what you think of her, get of your butt and write your governor or lawmakers to do the same...suggest to the President something that will really work to stimulate the economy.

February 6, 2009 08:26 pm at 8:26 pm |
  4. Wayne Messer

When is the moron going to shut-up and get that she's an idiot.

She didn't understand geography or political issues and the fact SHE LOST.

GESSH

February 6, 2009 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  5. zuq

What does it do for me in CT? I thought Obama was a domestic terrorist. Palin, take your trash elsewhere.

February 6, 2009 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  6. Jeff from Jersey

It's time for Palin to go into hibernation for a verrrrrrryyy looooonnngggg timmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeee.

She's not going to get credit for something she had absolutely nothing to do with.She's PATHETIC!

Make some snowball soup and get over yourself!

Too bad the media won't get over her.

February 6, 2009 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  7. sue

Governor Palin still gets your dander up, doesn't she?!
    This sounds like all the same nasty posters who are on "Palin Alert". Whenever her name is mentioned, they go into attack mode for the Democrats.
    You continue to bash her and her intelligence and she just keeps doing her job.
    This is getting old.
    But entertaining.

February 6, 2009 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  8. big daddy

Pound Salt Palin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 6, 2009 08:27 pm at 8:27 pm |
  9. Denise

Wait – Sarah is studying up to run for president. All she needs is english, grammar, spelling, geography, history, economics, political science and speech 101. With how fast she caught on (evidenced by interviews), she ought to be ready in 2052 or so. Wink, wink.

February 6, 2009 08:28 pm at 8:28 pm |
  10. Georgia Gal

So now she is going to buddy up to him.

February 6, 2009 08:28 pm at 8:28 pm |
  11. The HATEFUL liberals

I find it remarkable how democraps treat Palin. Palin (who is a part of Alaskan politics still) offers her gratitude to Obama and requests that he speak to P.M. Harper. For the uninformed and unintelligent liberal haters like Stu-Florida and independent_me, this pipeline is important. It will help provide a local source of energy, create jobs, and stimulate our economy (but you'd prefer paying $700+ billion of our own tax dollars to "stimulate" our economy... poor minded liberals). I hope you haters all lose your jobs and get to work as bean pickers.

February 6, 2009 08:29 pm at 8:29 pm |
  12. Minnesotan

"Oh please, President Obama, help us to be able to shoot defenseless animals on the endangered species list from helicopters! We need to keep out liquored up rednecks amused and killing animals that we'll never eat, wear or use is the best way to maintain our inbred way of life." -Sarah Palin "PS: I didn't vote for you."

February 6, 2009 08:29 pm at 8:29 pm |
  13. Nothing ever Changes

I had hoped when the election was over we would stop hearing from this dingbat, I guess I set my hopes to high. I am sorry, while she is most likely a nice person and means well, she gets on my nerves and acts like she doesn't have the sense God gave a Goose.

February 6, 2009 08:30 pm at 8:30 pm |
  14. linda

Palin, don't you dare to use your pipeline on our beautiful province, Alberta and you use your own transportation to bring gas down to the west coast of USA...
    linda

February 6, 2009 08:30 pm at 8:30 pm |
  15. MM

It's great to see a state generating jobs and revenue for a change.

Its funny how all the blue states like CA, IL, and MI are all broke and asking for a bailout.

You see...High taxes = broke state.

I could see why some of the post would be threatened by Palin. This governor gets the job done.

But hey.... you wanted change, so you get Obama. The guy from the broke state of IL.

Good luck with the hope.

February 6, 2009 08:31 pm at 8:31 pm |
  16. Political Queen

Ohhhh, now she wants his help, just a few months ago she was accusing him of "paling around with terrorist." This woman has a career in comedy without question. I urge Alaska to reconsider the leadership up there, because if this the best they have (I highly doubt ti), there in a lot of trouble.

February 6, 2009 08:31 pm at 8:31 pm |
  17. BRUTIS

Ok Sarah, is is time to report to work at the POLE DANCING bar, in Wissilla..Get your skivvies on...

February 6, 2009 08:32 pm at 8:32 pm |
  18. PHYLON BANGO DUBE

Oh my God. Honestly, I think Pres Obama is still seething about PALIN. If anyone asked him whom he hated most during the campaign, he is most likely to say PALIN, if he was honest enough. She was vile. Deep rooted vernom. But he is a gentlemen, and for the sake of America he should rise above that and...yes...honour her request because it makes sense.

February 6, 2009 08:34 pm at 8:34 pm |
  19. Lilarose in Bandon, Oregon

So pretty....wait till 2012 when she's almost 48......

February 6, 2009 08:34 pm at 8:34 pm |
  20. Ed, Santa Fe, NM

SHUT THIS BOOB UP.... I'M SICK TO DEATH OF HER

February 6, 2009 08:34 pm at 8:34 pm |
  21. Mike

Was the letter really necessary?...Or did Palin see another opportunity to extend her 15 minutes?

February 6, 2009 08:35 pm at 8:35 pm |
  22. Linda

Stu Florida,
    Please don't show your ignorance. Of course it was in the works, this post says so and it was Governor Palin that GOT IT IN THE WORKS...LMAO

February 6, 2009 08:35 pm at 8:35 pm |
  23. john coctoston

Will they be able to see Russia from the location they are having the meeting? When is Palin gonna do Playboy?

February 6, 2009 08:36 pm at 8:36 pm |
  24. BJ

I'm sorry but the people here making these mean spirited comments about Sarah Palin should do some research themselves. The pipeline is a project Sarah has been working on since becoming Governor. Honestly, it wasn't until she was nominated as John McCain's running mate that most of here down here in the 'lower 48' even heard about the pipeline. I don't think she cares if she gets credit for it not, hence the letter and not at the dinner last week or in front of the cameras. In fact, Obama himself will LOVE to take credit for Sarah's and many others hard work and determination to get this done.

February 6, 2009 08:36 pm at 8:36 pm |