February 7th, 2009

Palin presses Obama on pipeline

In a letter to the president, the former vice presidential candidate urges Obama to discuss the construction of an Alaska natural gas pipeline when he sits down with Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper.

(CNN) – Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin made a special appeal to President Obama Friday, asking him to keep her state in mind when he travels to Canada in two weeks.

“Alaskans have appreciated your strong support for the construction of such a pipeline," Palin wrote. "This project is now moving forward, and I believe that a discussion between you and Prime Minister Harper would greatly facilitate the process now under way.”

The pipeline, currently in planning stages, could reportedly generate thousands of jobs and billions of dollars in revenue for the state. Obama expressed support for the project during the campaign.

Filed under: Popular Posts • President Obama • Sarah Palin
  1. nightslider

You are not in her league sheep.... February 6th, 2009 7:49 pm ET

Funny reading you nitwits who wish in your entire life to have ACCOMPLISHED half of what this women has.

reading this post is like reading about an idiot who lost his flash cards to reality, you can start by listing the many accomplishments of the woe be gotten used up septic tank liner,
    She has not one major accomplishment to her name except if you count lying, cheating,corruption,incompetent as major virtues then indeed your realities have been altered by the ignorance that consumes you.
    Recall it were you and your ilk calling Obama a terrorist, a Muslim? anti-American, Un-American, a traitor, and a few other descriptive nouns and adjectives that were totally out of line, and yet you cheered this septic tank liner on, and now you want to support a socalist concept? ya fracken hypocrite

February 6, 2009 09:39 pm at 9:39 pm |
  2. Col Kilgore

Hard to believe Palin is asking an inexperienced "community worker" who pals around with terrorists for help .

February 6, 2009 09:40 pm at 9:40 pm |
  3. Amused....

You GOPhers have been deliriously "hoodwinked" by Gov. Grifter, who should have first "counted the cost" when she was out there vomiting hatred, which you all lapped up like dogs. I suppose those $1200 rebate checks are now in jeopardy, no?

February 6, 2009 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  4. chris broe

Is the Towel of Palin what was left behind when conservatism rose from the dead on Inauguration Day?

February 6, 2009 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  5. congresse

I pledge alligeance to the united states of america, to always pay my taxes

February 6, 2009 09:41 pm at 9:41 pm |
  6. Binden

Palin should be Vice President

February 6, 2009 09:42 pm at 9:42 pm |
  7. Cabinet

i like people that pay their taxes

February 6, 2009 09:43 pm at 9:43 pm |
  8. Diane Mo

why would Palin ask President Obama for help. Her good buddy the old idiot McCain is going to try to block anything President Obama and the democrats are going to try to do to improve the situation anyway. We Canadians helped build the Pipeline in the north 50 years ago.

February 6, 2009 09:44 pm at 9:44 pm |
  9. km

hahahahah...she'll be comic fodder for another generation! like the iraq-such as! oooooh,PLEASE,PLEASE run in2012!!

February 6, 2009 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  10. magella

"absolutely charming intelligent and RESPECTFUL woman" (from Tom, 8:45 pm)
    You have got to be kidding me. RESPECTFUL? This is the hate-mongerer who challenged Obama's status as a "real American," incited hate at her rallies, and came out swinging against anyone who was not like her. Intelligent? Well, sure, for someone who couldn't name a single newspaper or magazine she read. Charming? I guess, if you think it's charming to shoot wolves from the air and make light of your daughter's teen pregnancy.

February 6, 2009 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  11. arivera

Us libs are never afraid of complete stupidity. This woman called question that my 10 year old could answer gotcha questions. Please let her run I absolutely guarantee 4 more years in the white house. Most republican men I know that voted for Obama was directly because of her.

February 6, 2009 09:45 pm at 9:45 pm |
  12. alex

money for another pipeline?

alaska is one big oil socialist subsidy state....please, pipelines have been paid for by fossil fuel monies for 100 years, and she wants a blank check..............sNOT!!!

and dont start me on reagan and the thirty year conservative swing we now have to recover from!

February 6, 2009 09:46 pm at 9:46 pm |
  13. Lynette

Now if you think about it, the Republican Party now has an African American leader. Having a female presidential contender in 2012 might be a bit much for the Grand OLD Party! I hear you knockin.......but you can't com in..........

February 6, 2009 09:47 pm at 9:47 pm |
  14. Darren

Someone tell Simple Sarah to do the centerfold...and then just go away.

February 6, 2009 09:48 pm at 9:48 pm |
  15. Texas Teacher

Sarah Barbie Palin and Johnnyboy McSame... need to remember why they lost.... They LOST because of their own ignorance! Now they want someone... anyone... to listen to them!

Yeah, they got the white sheet and cone hat crowd... as well as the Rush Lim"barf" gang.... but they will not help you in 2010! I do believe that everyone intelligent thinker out there knows exactly who you are... and what you stand for! :(

February 6, 2009 09:48 pm at 9:48 pm |
  16. Col Kilgore

Good idea for the pipeline. Let US workers use US steel up till they hit the Canadian border. Then just use Canadian workers and steel to finish off the Canadian run of it. Fair and balanced. Frank from Mich. Wasnt the Battle of St Clair near Michigan in the Canadian victory of War of 1812.I believe that was battle where US General got hung for cowardice. Got sucked in by a few noisy natives i think it was.

February 6, 2009 09:49 pm at 9:49 pm |
  17. lil

Palin has her on stimulus in mind for her state, thats why she opposes the Pre. Obamas plan.

February 6, 2009 09:50 pm at 9:50 pm |
  18. Palin's here to stay, like it or not

I disagree with Sarah on many many things, but for some reason I do like her. She's beautiful but I'm gay, so you can throw that out.

I think one thing I like most about her is she is truly transparent...says what she means (when she knows what she's saying) and I know where I stand with her.

I can't say that about Obama, Hillary, or any of the others for that matter (don't get me wrong, I like them both)...when Obama started to change his commitments I began to worry.

February 6, 2009 09:50 pm at 9:50 pm |
  19. Active Duty Soldier

Well, the economy is taking, so Alaska the welfare state needs more cash. Pipeline equals more oil, more oil equals more money for Alaska. More money for Alaska means more cash for Palin to dole out to the Alaskan people. More money for the Alaskan people the higher Palin's approval rating. The higher Palin's approval rating, the better chance she has of being the Repubs pick for 2012.

February 6, 2009 09:51 pm at 9:51 pm |
  20. Jean

Some of your people make me laugh.

Obama was for the gas pipeline before Gov. Palin was picked for VP.

Now, Let's see if Obama acts like a President or not.

February 6, 2009 09:51 pm at 9:51 pm |
  21. Raquel

Sarah Palin needs to sit down somewhere,I am very tired of hearing her name. This is true that you can be anything you want to be in the U.S.

February 6, 2009 09:51 pm at 9:51 pm |
  22. gl, Pittsburgh

juli – You should watch want you say about Welfare becasue one day you can be on it. With the way coming are cutting jobs, we all can be on welfare.

February 6, 2009 09:52 pm at 9:52 pm |
  23. I'm on the left

I did not vote for Palin, It was because I have different views on the issues than she does. however I respect her, Mc cain, and even bush. I don't agree with them politically but we can still be civil with each other. United we stand divided we fall. we need to be more civil and less rank and file members of our political parties.

February 6, 2009 09:53 pm at 9:53 pm |
  24. DD

Who would be terrified of Palin, she is a joke up there in ALASKA. What we need in 2012 is an intelligent woman leader and it isn't her.

February 6, 2009 09:53 pm at 9:53 pm |
  25. Alex

Sarah, please go home to your kids and grandson! Those are the people that -really -need you!!! no one else does!!! you may also wanto to go to school and get a degree or maybe just go away quietly? Just go away pleeeease!!!

February 6, 2009 09:55 pm at 9:55 pm |