February 7th, 2009

Palin presses Obama on pipeline

In a letter to the president, the former vice presidential candidate urges Obama to discuss the construction of an Alaska natural gas pipeline when he sits down with Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper.

(CNN) – Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin made a special appeal to President Obama Friday, asking him to keep her state in mind when he travels to Canada in two weeks.

“Alaskans have appreciated your strong support for the construction of such a pipeline," Palin wrote. "This project is now moving forward, and I believe that a discussion between you and Prime Minister Harper would greatly facilitate the process now under way.”

The pipeline, currently in planning stages, could reportedly generate thousands of jobs and billions of dollars in revenue for the state. Obama expressed support for the project during the campaign.

Filed under: Popular Posts • President Obama • Sarah Palin
  1. LONGV

Let teach him (Obama) a lesson or two.

February 6, 2009 06:53 pm at 6:53 pm |
  2. Ben

I still don't understand how this woman become Alaska Gov!!! she display her ignorance everytime she open her mouth.

February 6, 2009 06:53 pm at 6:53 pm |
  3. Anonymous

Why a president who presumably "palls with terrorists" should lend an ear to Sarah aPalling is beyond me!!!

February 6, 2009 06:54 pm at 6:54 pm |
  4. gogomi

February 6, 2009 06:55 pm at 6:55 pm |
  5. Marie

Why didn't you express your appreciation for his strong support for your state when you were campaigning instead of using Ayers and Rev Wright,palling with terriost ,and hate mongering or was this your way of showing your appreciation ..... I BETCHA it wasn't

February 6, 2009 06:55 pm at 6:55 pm |
  6. AnnMM

Ok the note was well written and her question professional.... I don't agree with the pipeline but if Palin could at least act this much like a Governor all of the time (or at least 1/2 of the time) I could come to maybe tolerate her.

February 6, 2009 06:55 pm at 6:55 pm |
  7. Native Texan

Who the heck does she think she is palling around with?

February 6, 2009 06:56 pm at 6:56 pm |
  8. Stu-Florida

This was already in the works... without Palins letter. She's just trying to get some sort of credit by writing letter (come on now... did SHE really write it?? wink... wink)
    Obama knows full well what the pipeline means to the lower 48 and the Canadians>>> WORK, FOOD, HEAT!!!

February 6, 2009 06:56 pm at 6:56 pm |
  9. vdinx

It's amazing how she is willing to "pal around" when she wants something. What a narrow minded idiot!!!!

February 6, 2009 06:56 pm at 6:56 pm |
  10. Ravi in MO

Despite being at odds with her views, I have to admit that this woman is breathtakingly beautiful. Lol, and that's coming from a staunch Dem! Seriously, I never get tired of seeing her.

February 6, 2009 06:56 pm at 6:56 pm |
  11. gl, Pittsburgh

Yes, CNN please post my Governor List as well. Stop the madness CNN with feeding us reading with the Sara Palin mess. She is not the President and should not get all this coverage like she is the VP.
    When was the last time we seen a story on Joe Biden the real VP.

February 6, 2009 06:56 pm at 6:56 pm |
  12. kgeukes

Begone Wicked Witch!!!

February 6, 2009 06:58 pm at 6:58 pm |
  13. gl, Pittsburgh

I love our President and VP. More sttory on Joe Biden and Hillary Clionton please.

February 6, 2009 06:58 pm at 6:58 pm |
  14. linda

Oh how I love this Sarah Palin wants to be relevant. She wants to pal around with Obama too bad Sarah he does not want you get it. Go try to lap after Rush who loves ya.

February 6, 2009 06:58 pm at 6:58 pm |
  15. independent with a small i

Sarah should just call her good friend Joe the Plumber. That should ble right up his line of work ~ pipes.

February 6, 2009 06:58 pm at 6:58 pm |
  16. Jim VanCise

Every night I pray "Please God, allow the republicans to continue their fascination with Sister Sara".

She is the gift that keeps on giving, I just hope she doesn't totally make a fool of herself in the next four years and save her wisdom for the next election.

February 6, 2009 07:00 pm at 7:00 pm |
  17. Rick Sutter

Her common sense would be refreshing in Washington.

February 6, 2009 07:01 pm at 7:01 pm |
  18. Steve in Las Vegas,NV

Pipeline? Oh that's good! The last pipeline has had all kinds of problems, so what makes her think this one won't?

I don't see President Obama even thinking about this for quite a while. Hopefully AFTER she is out of office. Maybe then, but I don't see him even thinking too much about her.

Note to Mooseburger, stay home and take care of your family first.

What is more important? Your self interests or your family and do try to come up with a normal name for your next kid.

February 6, 2009 07:02 pm at 7:02 pm |
  19. chris@stl

So, Sarah can later (2012) can come back and say "I said thanks but no thanks for that pipe ti no where" .... Good thinking, Sarah!

February 6, 2009 07:03 pm at 7:03 pm |
  20. Bill

For such a cold hearted woman, she sure is hot!!!

February 6, 2009 07:04 pm at 7:04 pm |
  21. beelte

did the idiot press bush on pipeline. I never heard of her before mcsame picked her as his well, running mate (if that is what you wnat to call her) I have a few other names for her. But anyway. she is just trying to keep her name and (ugh) face out there so she can run for president in 2012. And the way the repubs have been going she would probably win the nomination. I hope they do then President Obama won't have to waste too much time campagining. He can continue the work we elected him to do. GET OUT OF THE MESS THAT IDIOT MORON bush got us in. It will take longer then 4 years.

February 6, 2009 07:06 pm at 7:06 pm |
  22. ladybug

Who do you think you are, Sarah. Did you not just speak out against the stim bill while begging for the money from it for your state? How dumb are you?

February 6, 2009 07:07 pm at 7:07 pm |
  23. Fontana

Doesn't the oil companies pay your citizens out of their annual profits?
    Well, why don't they fund your pipe dreams? They will be the main benefactors.I have no desire to waste my taxes dollars on any of your AIRHEAD ideals.

February 6, 2009 07:07 pm at 7:07 pm |
  24. EBC, MD

What... wait. Did I just hear this correct. Ms. Palin who blasted the NOW President Obama about "palling around with terrorist" is NOW asking for a favor?
    WAIT...it's coming.....
    LORDY... HA!
    OH LORDY...this woman must have fallen and BUMP her head on a log. GET REAL Caribou Barbie. You're TOASTS!

February 6, 2009 07:08 pm at 7:08 pm |
  25. Vegas Barbie the Paralegal for Obama

Next thing you know she'll be telling him that when Air Force One takes off from Canada (well certain far western parts of it, perhaps), they'll be rearing their head in her airspace...I mean the air space other than the one between her ears.

February 6, 2009 07:09 pm at 7:09 pm |