February 9th, 2009

President Obama bumps his head

CNN

The President bumped his head as he stepped into Marine One Monday morning at the White House.

WHITE HOUSE (CNN) - There was a minor bump on the road - actually a minor bump on the head - as President Barack Obama departed Monday for Elkhart, Indiana to sell his stimulus plan to Americans.

While boarding Marine One on Monday morning, the president turned to wave goodbye and ever so slightly bumped the left side of his head on the doorway to the helicopter. He seemed to recover quickly, then ducked before boarding the helicopter that would take him to Air Force One. Unfortunately for Obama, there were many cameras there to capture the accident.

This isn’t the first time a president’s head has collided with Marine One: President George W. Bush hit his head on the side of the helicopter while boarding shortly after taking office — also in full view of a row of cameras.

Luckily for both men, no visible signs of injury resulted from the minor mishap.

Filed under: Popular Posts • President Obama
  1. seira

It's Monday. If I had a helicopter, I would do that too.

February 9, 2009 11:28 am at 11:28 am |
  2. Jeff

Perfect example why the media is garbage in 2009!!!

February 9, 2009 11:28 am at 11:28 am |
  3. Rshetty

Why didn't you tag this under Breaking News??? Get a life media people!

February 9, 2009 11:28 am at 11:28 am |
  4. Anonymous

With any luck he'll sneeze sometime this afternoon, so I have something to read about over lunch.

February 9, 2009 11:28 am at 11:28 am |
  5. No Vaseline

Wow, this is news? I don't think so

February 9, 2009 11:29 am at 11:29 am |
  6. Bo from the ATL

Lighten up people!! With all the bad news reported vis-a-vis the economy, job losses, winter ice storms, etc...this is a somewhat funny diversion..no harm!

February 9, 2009 11:29 am at 11:29 am |
  7. Mike H.

Sorry, Obama fans but it was big time news when then-President Gerald Ford bumped his head. My recollection is that he, too, bumped against a copter door. The press then went on to proclaim how clumsy he was.

February 9, 2009 11:29 am at 11:29 am |
  8. Leslee

CNN....could you please report the news? Guess what...this man is human and will have these things happen from time to time. It is not a big deal and I really don't see it worth reporting on. We need to keep our eye on the ball and talk about the things that are going to impact our lives and the events in the world that really matter. I am glad he is fine...he is my President...but I am sure he does not appreicate it either.

Obama Supporter all the way!

February 9, 2009 11:29 am at 11:29 am |
  9. Kim

Why do these things always happen when people are watching?

February 9, 2009 11:29 am at 11:29 am |
  10. kc in va

I love President Obama...but come on CNN. This is on the ticker? Really?? LOL

February 9, 2009 11:29 am at 11:29 am |
  11. AustHall

CNN, Get a Life and start reporting "REAL NEWS"

February 9, 2009 11:29 am at 11:29 am |
  12. Joaquin

OMG – What if he gets a hang nail?

February 9, 2009 11:29 am at 11:29 am |
  13. Carolyn Greene

How many of you stand outside the restroom door to see how long he stays in there? Don't you have something more to do like check on the Republican back stabbers?

February 9, 2009 11:30 am at 11:30 am |
  14. Karen Tinker

Is this really news? Come on folks.

February 9, 2009 11:30 am at 11:30 am |
  15. TCM

You see libs, Obama's trying to be just like Bush

February 9, 2009 11:30 am at 11:30 am |
  16. Julie Singh

P-leeese!

I adore reading about our new President, but this is stupid!!!! I'd even rather hear what he ate for breakfast (also not News) than this waste of space!

February 9, 2009 11:30 am at 11:30 am |
  17. Art

Maybe it knocked some sense into him.....

February 9, 2009 11:30 am at 11:30 am |
  18. g

but i thought he was perfect!!! this just serves to demonstrate that this guy is as clumsy as his policies and his administration

February 9, 2009 11:30 am at 11:30 am |
  19. wave

Obama holds to the rail with his left hand while waving to the crowd with his right hand.

Now, THAT IS MORE SERIOUS NEWS. Keep 'em coming.

February 9, 2009 11:30 am at 11:30 am |
  20. Mike

Is this actually newsworthy?

I hope we get updates on papercuts and stubbed toes!

February 9, 2009 11:30 am at 11:30 am |
  21. Adam

You've got to be kidding me. CNN is pathetic.

February 9, 2009 11:30 am at 11:30 am |
  22. megan

this is a waste of time to report on...take the time spent on this and volunteer or bring awareness about an issue or just do something that is productive. this is not.

February 9, 2009 11:30 am at 11:30 am |
  23. Teresa Bartley

Hi.

I'd like to suggest a few songs that make me think about President Obama and how he is going to small town America.

Doobie Brothers | Takin’ It To The Streets. The instrumental version. President Obama, he's taking it to the streets !

Also, a song by Marvin Gaye, not so upbeat as the other. What's Going On. Of course, instrumental part only may be more appropriate.

So, am I hired for the Obama background music?

Teresa

February 9, 2009 11:31 am at 11:31 am |
  24. Sarah

Why is this news??

February 9, 2009 11:31 am at 11:31 am |
  25. Carolyn

Must be a slow news day. You have got to be kidding me.

February 9, 2009 11:31 am at 11:31 am |