February 9th, 2009

President Obama bumps his head

CNN

The President bumped his head as he stepped into Marine One Monday morning at the White House.

WHITE HOUSE (CNN) - There was a minor bump on the road - actually a minor bump on the head - as President Barack Obama departed Monday for Elkhart, Indiana to sell his stimulus plan to Americans.

While boarding Marine One on Monday morning, the president turned to wave goodbye and ever so slightly bumped the left side of his head on the doorway to the helicopter. He seemed to recover quickly, then ducked before boarding the helicopter that would take him to Air Force One. Unfortunately for Obama, there were many cameras there to capture the accident.

This isn’t the first time a president’s head has collided with Marine One: President George W. Bush hit his head on the side of the helicopter while boarding shortly after taking office — also in full view of a row of cameras.

Luckily for both men, no visible signs of injury resulted from the minor mishap.

Filed under: Popular Posts • President Obama
  1. Chris E.

LMAO..........I hope someone put some sound to it and make it funnier

February 9, 2009 11:35 am at 11:35 am |
  2. PH

I personally think it is nice to get some lighter news in these times. No, President Obama bumping his head is not a major news story, however it does lighten things up. Everyone should just calm down and enjoy some lighthearted reporting.

Notice also that this was a ticker story, not a major headline. Also, no one can claim bias since CNN also reported that former President Bush also bumped his head.

February 9, 2009 11:35 am at 11:35 am |
  3. love my president

Watch out sweety! Can't have that happen again!

February 9, 2009 11:35 am at 11:35 am |
  4. KJ

What's next, Obama ties his shoes?

February 9, 2009 11:35 am at 11:35 am |
  5. Fred L. Fraud

You people.... Bush hits his head and he's "stupid". Obama hits his head and it's "LEAVE HIM ALONE" stuff. You are a bunch of crybabies...

February 9, 2009 11:35 am at 11:35 am |
  6. Craig

Dear CNN, please aid in allowing America's leaders to keep as much dignity as possible. Show our leaders doing great things. Criticize them respectfully for their policies, harshly when warranted. If you believe, they have done something that indicates they are not to be trustworthy by the public, report that if you must. But c'mon, Obama is the president, not some Hollywood star! The media never showed Roosevelt in a wheel chair. Show some respect.

February 9, 2009 11:35 am at 11:35 am |
  7. Qusac

I am so happy i didn't miss this. This news was sooo important to me.
    Thank you CNN. Oh, by da way, is there something going on in PALESTINE. Who CARES.

February 9, 2009 11:36 am at 11:36 am |
  8. Gerry In Toronto

Hilarious that CNN allow posting on this NON-STORY, but none on the corrupt RNC Leaders illegal payments to his sisters company. Get real here.

February 9, 2009 11:36 am at 11:36 am |
  9. jake lee

cnn,

i swear to god. one more story like this and i'll be reading the guardian in the morning. you hear me? the GUARDIAN!

February 9, 2009 11:37 am at 11:37 am |
  10. Tina

Smart sexy guy, BE CAREFUL

February 9, 2009 11:37 am at 11:37 am |
  11. RSLIttle

Agree with all the people who said "WHY IS THIS NEWS?" Its stories like this the completly explain why we are in such bad shape. Idiots are running the Major corporations. To even put this out is just mind boggling.

February 9, 2009 11:37 am at 11:37 am |
  12. Firestarter

Report on something uplifting such as Rupert Murdoch and News Corp losing billions.

February 9, 2009 11:37 am at 11:37 am |
  13. Brian

Hey I dropped a love seat on my toe yesterday, how come that isn't in the ticker? I mean c'mon, I love our new pres too but how is this even remotely news?

February 9, 2009 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  14. Smiley from Conyers, GA

So what? Next they're going to report on Obama taking a number 2 aboard Air Force One. I'm an Obama supporter but this isn't news or ticker worthy.

February 9, 2009 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  15. Char'den

Seriously...this is news? You people are watching and reporting so much on him until a minor head bump makes headlines?! If you all were watching George Bush as closely perhaps we wouldn't have been so deeply in this mess. Bush dnam near end America as we know it and no one even blinked. Obama bumos his head, uses the rest room, kisses his wife or breathes in oxygen and it's breaking news! CNN disgusts me to no end. I hope you shut down due to the economic situation.

February 9, 2009 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  16. sssssamiam

I particularly like this line: "Unfortunately for Obama, there were many cameras there to capture the accident."

Unfortunately for CNN, no one cares.

February 9, 2009 11:38 am at 11:38 am |
  17. john

When Gerald Ford tripped or stumbled, the media made these occurences into national news. Much comedy resulted from the publicity so given. The liberal press apparently will not be giving his kind of treatment to Obama's carelessness.

February 9, 2009 11:39 am at 11:39 am |
  18. Lauren

Honestly, this is news?!? I can't remember when he brushed his teeth this morning, where's that article?

February 9, 2009 11:39 am at 11:39 am |
  19. Anonymous

so, I got head butted by a steer this weekend!!

February 9, 2009 11:39 am at 11:39 am |
  20. Mark

Shades of Gerald Ford. a good omen.

February 9, 2009 11:39 am at 11:39 am |
  21. Anonymous

OMG, you are kidding, he bumped his head, what will we do now? so stupid. who cares?

February 9, 2009 11:40 am at 11:40 am |
  22. TexasBob

Good grief! Is CNN really that hard up for news? Maybe you should cut back to a 12-hour news network if this is the best you can do.

February 9, 2009 11:40 am at 11:40 am |
  23. Jack

OH Mr. President please don't end up like John McCain, you know what these bumps on the head do to people.

February 9, 2009 11:40 am at 11:40 am |
  24. itbeme

off all the MAJOR news going on, THIS is what CNN reports on???? Why do I even waste my time reading the ticker anymore.......

February 9, 2009 11:40 am at 11:40 am |
  25. Farrell, Houston, Tx

Every time I board an express airline jet, when being seated I always bump my head and seeminly that has been the only time this ever happens. LOL

February 9, 2009 11:40 am at 11:40 am |