February 9th, 2009

President Obama bumps his head

CNN

The President bumped his head as he stepped into Marine One Monday morning at the White House.

WHITE HOUSE (CNN) - There was a minor bump on the road - actually a minor bump on the head - as President Barack Obama departed Monday for Elkhart, Indiana to sell his stimulus plan to Americans.

While boarding Marine One on Monday morning, the president turned to wave goodbye and ever so slightly bumped the left side of his head on the doorway to the helicopter. He seemed to recover quickly, then ducked before boarding the helicopter that would take him to Air Force One. Unfortunately for Obama, there were many cameras there to capture the accident.

This isn’t the first time a president’s head has collided with Marine One: President George W. Bush hit his head on the side of the helicopter while boarding shortly after taking office — also in full view of a row of cameras.

Luckily for both men, no visible signs of injury resulted from the minor mishap.

Filed under: Popular Posts • President Obama
  1. Kim

I thought it was funny and light hearted! So what if it's not important... maybe some of you will see that he's human

February 9, 2009 11:53 am at 11:53 am |
  2. Leza

So........I'm sure everyone that saw this headline has bumped his/her head [sevaral times] in his/her lifetime, and it didn't make the news.

Gimme a break.....

Print something that is truly newsworthy.

February 9, 2009 11:53 am at 11:53 am |
  3. Rudy

CNN- are you serious? And this is important news because...?

February 9, 2009 11:53 am at 11:53 am |
  4. Bridgette-PA

"Mark in Indy" – You hit the nail on the head! Reporting this is ridiculous!

To "john" – STOP BREATHING ALREADY!

February 9, 2009 11:53 am at 11:53 am |
  5. pbj

here we thought it was the second coming of JFK (or Jimmy Carter, depending on your perspective) and it turns out he's channeling Gerald Ford!

February 9, 2009 11:54 am at 11:54 am |
  6. ct

That's it..doesn't seem like much of a bump. I guess since they can't find any real dirt on the president they have to report this. Stupidest news ever.

February 9, 2009 11:54 am at 11:54 am |
  7. Tom P

Everyone commenting that this is a "non-story" spent the last 8 years laughing at George Bush and the pretzel, falling off his bike, trying to open a locked door, etc. Simple mistakes that we all make.

Suddenly, when it's the Obmamessiah, it's no longer funny.

Let's hope the Daily Show runs the clip too.

February 9, 2009 11:54 am at 11:54 am |
  8. Jasen

Well this story is/was a waste of bandwidth. What's next in-grown toenail reporting?

February 9, 2009 11:55 am at 11:55 am |
  9. Omgpeople!

Come on people this is FUNNY! they did the same thing to George W. Bush and presidents before. IT's funny to see them fall or something and play it off! We like to see our presidents look normal!

February 9, 2009 11:55 am at 11:55 am |
  10. SAW

Here's the truth of the issue... let's see what valuable news that "CNN White House Producer Xuan Thai" has reported recently. Here are some of the memorable headlines : "Obama takes first Air Force One ride", "In White House tradition, Cheney signs off on press corps" (and don't jump here – it's about Cheney signing his name on a wall in the basement – next we'll hear about what he scratched into the white house bathroom stall), "On the Twelfth Christmas Dinner at Camp David", and a favorite of mine, "Fun facts about the White House holidays". Save some money CNN, and give this particular producer the axe.

February 9, 2009 11:55 am at 11:55 am |
  11. babba gootz

BREAKING NEWS! Obama goes to the bathroom with the door open! He wipes seven times! Barack reads MAD Magazing on the can! He once scratched his buttocks!

For crying out loud, CNN...

February 9, 2009 11:55 am at 11:55 am |
  12. Anthony

Actually, I disagree with many of the people posting comments. This is definitely big news. Many people belived Obama was the second coming of Christ. Clearly, we now know this is not the case–Jesus always knows when to duck...

February 9, 2009 11:56 am at 11:56 am |
  13. Barbara G

So, next they will let us know when he uses the bathroom. Get a life.

February 9, 2009 11:56 am at 11:56 am |
  14. Jared

Was Al-qaeda found to be related to this incident?

February 9, 2009 11:56 am at 11:56 am |
  15. EJ

I guess if we are going to have an approval poll every week on how President Obama's popularity has gone up or down, we might as well have stories like this. Of course any little bump he gets is just more fodder for the far right to laugh at.

February 9, 2009 11:57 am at 11:57 am |
  16. Carole

THE NEWS MEDIA IS THE GREATEST JOKE CREATED.

February 9, 2009 11:57 am at 11:57 am |
  17. Paul

that's news?

February 9, 2009 11:57 am at 11:57 am |
  18. Keith in California

This is journalism or entertainment at someone else's expense?

February 9, 2009 11:58 am at 11:58 am |
  19. Dave

"Breaking news"
    ============
    Obama took a number 2, and he did a number 1 before that.
    The media needs to get a life and stop reporting silly news

February 9, 2009 11:58 am at 11:58 am |
  20. Teri

Don't you people have more important news to report on?

February 9, 2009 11:59 am at 11:59 am |
  21. C. Baptiste-Williams

CNN should file this under a waste of time.

February 9, 2009 11:59 am at 11:59 am |
  22. TLS

Maybe if Bush had bumped his head a few times we wouldn't be in the mess we're in. It may have knocked some sense into him!!!

February 9, 2009 11:59 am at 11:59 am |
  23. Bill

And this is news because.................???

February 9, 2009 12:00 pm at 12:00 pm |
  24. Tony - Fla

Maybe it has knocked some sense into him and now he will straighten out his act. I can see it now " My fellow Americans I am here to tell you that I have gotten in to deep. I have stepped into it elbow deep as a matter of fact and don't know what I was thinking. The Spending errrr.... Stimulus Bill that I wanted is not the way we should be going. I was wrong yet again, like with the four tax cheats that I wanted on my team. Like with going to my friend Ayers for advice, listening to Rev. Wright and all the other idiots that I involved myself with throughout my life. For all of that I say I am sorry, but you all voted for me and now you are stuck with me and my posse' (Pelosi, Reid, Frank, Dodd, Rangel ... ) of libs. I will do my best not to screw it up any worse until you vote me out or impeach me in two years when I lose the House and Senate.

February 9, 2009 12:00 pm at 12:00 pm |
  25. Debbie

You have to be kidding me. Puhleeeze CNN!!!

February 9, 2009 12:01 pm at 12:01 pm |