February 9th, 2009

President Obama bumps his head

CNN

The President bumped his head as he stepped into Marine One Monday morning at the White House.

WHITE HOUSE (CNN) - There was a minor bump on the road - actually a minor bump on the head - as President Barack Obama departed Monday for Elkhart, Indiana to sell his stimulus plan to Americans.

While boarding Marine One on Monday morning, the president turned to wave goodbye and ever so slightly bumped the left side of his head on the doorway to the helicopter. He seemed to recover quickly, then ducked before boarding the helicopter that would take him to Air Force One. Unfortunately for Obama, there were many cameras there to capture the accident.

This isn’t the first time a president’s head has collided with Marine One: President George W. Bush hit his head on the side of the helicopter while boarding shortly after taking office — also in full view of a row of cameras.

Luckily for both men, no visible signs of injury resulted from the minor mishap.

Filed under: Popular Posts • President Obama
  1. joy

cnn, you guys are shamless. shame on u Cnn for making this News. u guys are becoming like fox news. if u guys don't have anything to report, u don't have to. insteady of being a gossips network. u guys help the Republicans to destroy the stimuls package, i hope Cnn is happy for helping the Republicans call the stimuls package pork or spending bill. Cnn, u don't care about the Americans workers like the Republicans. i will say it again shame on u CNN

February 9, 2009 12:07 pm at 12:07 pm |
  2. Harris Boy

Some short memories here. Remember when Gerald Ford, probably the most accomplished athlete to hold the presidency, was crucified for the exact same thing? The media, led by Chevy Chase on SNL, delighted in painting Ford as a klutz, implying that he was also deficient mentally. What is so special about the Chosen One? I hope we see them make fun of him on SNL. Not much chance.

February 9, 2009 12:08 pm at 12:08 pm |
  3. rich

Are you kidding us? Does this qualify as news now? Give us a break and report on real events that have some impact on our lives. Good journalism is surely dead. I'm surprised the so-called reporters didn't get a quote from the WH.

February 9, 2009 12:08 pm at 12:08 pm |
  4. Linda K.

As tall as he is, it was bound to happen eventually.

February 9, 2009 12:08 pm at 12:08 pm |
  5. Brian

Was it some sort of terrorist helicopter door? C'mon guys, this really isn't news. If he starts choking on pretzels, you can let me know. But when he bumps his head backing into a doorway, I really don't care. I once closed my fingers in my car door enough that I needed to use the handle to open the door back up, where's my ticker?

February 9, 2009 12:09 pm at 12:09 pm |
  6. Kris

Are you kidding me? This was barely a bump.. if he would have been knocked on his @ss then it would have been news-worthy.

You cant compare this to anything Bush has done. I am sure Bush wet the bed every night.. I would too if I arranged a terrorist attack so I could kill Sadaam Hussein.

February 9, 2009 12:09 pm at 12:09 pm |
  7. Ravi in MO

Wow, all you hateful right wing jerks stoop even lower. Instead of feeling sympathy and wishing well for the President and being thankful that he wasn't badly hurt, you guys continue to attack/ridicule him and now you're attacking CNN as well! Unbelievable. You neo-cons really need to deal with your hatred.

February 9, 2009 12:09 pm at 12:09 pm |
  8. Kevin

This is senseless reporting.

February 9, 2009 12:09 pm at 12:09 pm |
  9. JIM WHITTAKER, Hemet, CA

Hannity was right!

'08 was the year journalism died.

Somewhere, Edward R. Murrow is weeping...

February 9, 2009 12:09 pm at 12:09 pm |
  10. Anonymous

seriously, is this really newsworthy?

February 9, 2009 12:10 pm at 12:10 pm |
  11. mIREILLE

this is pitiful news.

February 9, 2009 12:10 pm at 12:10 pm |
  12. whocares

Who cares? Wow, some really great reporting… The media at its best… Showing president bumping his head, again who cares….

February 9, 2009 12:10 pm at 12:10 pm |
  13. Jeff W.

What a stupid news item. He "slightly" bumped his head? How is this news? Of course, it's pretty obvious that the former president bumped his head a lot, how else do you explain such dumbness?

February 9, 2009 12:10 pm at 12:10 pm |
  14. noggin news

Way to go FOX, uh, I mean CNN. Wouldn't it be really great to have a REAL news program again? Lou Dobbs is starting to sound like a liberal Rush Limbaugh (sp?) and the guy on during the days (the one that looks like he should be calling plays on ESPN), don't know his name) that is as bad an actor as Reeves when he does his best to feign substance. Now I can't even get good news on the net. Anyone know of any 'pure' links?

February 9, 2009 12:10 pm at 12:10 pm |
  15. matthewbenzor

Well when bush bumped his headed to weeks into his presidency maybe thats why he got us into this mess he had ptbd post traumatic brain disorder. our maybe he already had it. be careful mr.president I think this bump might wake him up

February 9, 2009 12:11 pm at 12:11 pm |
  16. Faray

Poor Baby!!

February 9, 2009 12:11 pm at 12:11 pm |
  17. Y Levy

Why can't they rebuild the area around the top of the door of the helicopter so this won't happen anymore.

February 9, 2009 12:11 pm at 12:11 pm |
  18. cj

lame

February 9, 2009 12:11 pm at 12:11 pm |
  19. Native Texan

The news media has become a nation of whiners.

February 9, 2009 12:12 pm at 12:12 pm |
  20. Steve, NY

Maybe he'll bump his head on the bars when he visits his friend Rezko.

February 9, 2009 12:12 pm at 12:12 pm |
  21. Bobby

Don't like his politics, but as a fellow tall American, I have found something I can finally sympathize with the guy about. .....I carry the bruises to show it. Unfortunately, the objects of my collisions are far less glamorous....

February 9, 2009 12:12 pm at 12:12 pm |
  22. Jean

First Obama walks into a window.
    Shakes hands with a Marine.
    He can't figure out the height of the door on Marine One.

All in the life of a President.

February 9, 2009 12:12 pm at 12:12 pm |
  23. hello

IS THIS NEWS?

February 9, 2009 12:12 pm at 12:12 pm |
  24. rr

this is very hard coming from me because i happen to be a republican, with all due respect i think Indiana republican lugar should have accepted his invitation to join the president in his state because they are suffering and all he did was play politics. the president is not asking you to vote for his package just show up and show that you care for the people of your state or atleast pretend.

February 9, 2009 12:13 pm at 12:13 pm |
  25. dkkaty

WHY DID THIS MAKE THE NEWS????

February 9, 2009 12:13 pm at 12:13 pm |