February 9th, 2009

President Obama bumps his head

CNN

The President bumped his head as he stepped into Marine One Monday morning at the White House.

WHITE HOUSE (CNN) - There was a minor bump on the road - actually a minor bump on the head - as President Barack Obama departed Monday for Elkhart, Indiana to sell his stimulus plan to Americans.

While boarding Marine One on Monday morning, the president turned to wave goodbye and ever so slightly bumped the left side of his head on the doorway to the helicopter. He seemed to recover quickly, then ducked before boarding the helicopter that would take him to Air Force One. Unfortunately for Obama, there were many cameras there to capture the accident.

This isn’t the first time a president’s head has collided with Marine One: President George W. Bush hit his head on the side of the helicopter while boarding shortly after taking office — also in full view of a row of cameras.

Luckily for both men, no visible signs of injury resulted from the minor mishap.

Filed under: Popular Posts • President Obama
  1. Morgan

Who cares if Obama bumps his head!!! Did Obama say anything about the Australian fires and offer any American condolences? They are our allies...some friends we as Americans are.

February 9, 2009 12:13 pm at 12:13 pm |
  2. Jerad

Geez, can you guys worship Obama any harder? He bumped his head, big deal.

February 9, 2009 12:13 pm at 12:13 pm |
  3. KJ

You've got to be kidding...Get some real news.....

February 9, 2009 12:13 pm at 12:13 pm |
  4. Surge

Haha, i got to admit I laughed when I saw the video only because I knew what was coming.

Stupid thing to report though. Might as well give me a job at CNN since I lost my job at Starbucks anyway.

February 9, 2009 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |
  5. derek

Come on ..... this is NOT worthy of the news.

February 9, 2009 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |
  6. Dennis

He does have a big head and it's getting bigger all the time.

February 9, 2009 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |
  7. valerra powell

CNN, why are you reporting this? I voted for him, but enough is enough !!!

February 9, 2009 12:14 pm at 12:14 pm |
  8. jacobr

for a second there i thought i was on a website reporting the news....

February 9, 2009 12:15 pm at 12:15 pm |
  9. Chris

I am sorry, but this was wastless piece of story I have ever seen. Does the public really care about this video? The answer is NO!!!!!!

February 9, 2009 12:16 pm at 12:16 pm |
  10. Southerner

A good whack in the head was just what he needed. Maybe he'll come to his senses now.

February 9, 2009 12:16 pm at 12:16 pm |
  11. Wally

I actually thought this was going to be a metaphor when I read the headline. Silly me.

February 9, 2009 12:16 pm at 12:16 pm |
  12. July

Harris Boy February 9th, 2009 12:08 pm ET

Some short memories here. Remember when Gerald Ford, probably the most accomplished athlete to hold the presidency, was crucified for the exact same thing? The media, led by Chevy Chase on SNL, delighted in painting Ford as a klutz, implying that he was also deficient mentally. What is so special about the Chosen One? I hope we see them make fun of him on SNL. Not much chance.
    ____________________________________________

no. To my understanding Pres. Ford fell down the steps of AIR FORCE ONE ... not bump his head.

February 9, 2009 12:16 pm at 12:16 pm |
  13. Chicken Little

Why is this news?

February 9, 2009 12:16 pm at 12:16 pm |
  14. ANGIE

is this news? I bet the media has even tried to follow him to the restroom. Can you give him a break? You have him under a microscrope. Back off. Jeez!!!!!!!!

February 9, 2009 12:16 pm at 12:16 pm |
  15. JNorman

This kind of coverage strikes me as getting a little paparazzi surreal.

February 9, 2009 12:16 pm at 12:16 pm |
  16. Fan of Common Sense

I hope there was no damage to the helicopter. IT'S actually useful and valuable.

February 9, 2009 12:16 pm at 12:16 pm |
  17. Max Pargament

This is front page news? Where are all the articles on global warming, the war, world hunger?

Do your part CNN.

February 9, 2009 12:16 pm at 12:16 pm |
  18. james

Hardly a head bump...nothing embarrasing about it. CNN...this was...a headline? Lame.

February 9, 2009 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm |
  19. jimmy v

Who's the idiot paying the idiot who posted that ridiculous excuse for a news story? 🙂 later

February 9, 2009 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm |
  20. Shannon

With everything going on in the world this is what you choose to report as news?

February 9, 2009 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm |
  21. Steve in CT

If I were the type person as are the liberals who type stupid stuff about others I'd type that he hit his head intentionally to give an excuse for breaking his campaign promises. "Duh, I don't recall promising that".

February 9, 2009 12:17 pm at 12:17 pm |
  22. FREEMAN

I bumped my head at work yesterday and almost knocked myself senseless. Believe me it wasn't funny!

February 9, 2009 12:18 pm at 12:18 pm |
  23. Greg in AR

I am an Obama fan.

I am a CNN fan.

Thanks, CNN for the Monday morning funnies, not for the story but for the chance to read these comments. You have lifted my spirits for the rest of the day knowing that there are some really stupid people that like to post ridiculous comments. 🙂

February 9, 2009 12:18 pm at 12:18 pm |
  24. red33,cedar rapids, ia

Do you suppose we will see this photo a 100 times, like we saw President Bush's photo when he bumped his head getting on Air Force 1?? I wouldn't count on it.

February 9, 2009 12:18 pm at 12:18 pm |
  25. Tim

But the amazing thing is....when George Bush did it.....it was news for 5 days and was some definitive sign that he was stupid according to the MSN

February 9, 2009 12:19 pm at 12:19 pm |