February 9th, 2009

President Obama bumps his head

CNN

The President bumped his head as he stepped into Marine One Monday morning at the White House.

WHITE HOUSE (CNN) - There was a minor bump on the road - actually a minor bump on the head - as President Barack Obama departed Monday for Elkhart, Indiana to sell his stimulus plan to Americans.

While boarding Marine One on Monday morning, the president turned to wave goodbye and ever so slightly bumped the left side of his head on the doorway to the helicopter. He seemed to recover quickly, then ducked before boarding the helicopter that would take him to Air Force One. Unfortunately for Obama, there were many cameras there to capture the accident.

This isn’t the first time a president’s head has collided with Marine One: President George W. Bush hit his head on the side of the helicopter while boarding shortly after taking office — also in full view of a row of cameras.

Luckily for both men, no visible signs of injury resulted from the minor mishap.

Filed under: Popular Posts • President Obama
  1. Joe in NJ

Quick! Call the New York Times! I stubbed my toe this morning!

February 9, 2009 11:04 am at 11:04 am |
  2. Mark

In what way is this news?? We have people DYING in Iraq and the best thing you can come up with is President Obama bumps his head? So what?!

February 9, 2009 11:04 am at 11:04 am |
  3. Eric

Is this really news? Does anyone really care?

February 9, 2009 11:04 am at 11:04 am |
  4. Scott, Wichita

I bump my head getting into my car once a week.

This isn't news.

February 9, 2009 11:04 am at 11:04 am |
  5. CharlesinFL

ah-HA! Proof of a Republican conspiracy against the President! They had the openings for the presidential helicopters made smaller, so if McCain won he could get in easier! President Obama's too tall!

(Yes, folks, a joke – and yes, I'm one of those Republican types!)

February 9, 2009 11:05 am at 11:05 am |
  6. Amy

Aw he's too tall. I'm jealous! As a full grown adult, I stand at 5'1, and I wish I could bump my head on something at least once in my life (and I don't mean a kiddie door).

February 9, 2009 11:05 am at 11:05 am |
  7. jjr

Breaking news!!!

Obama burps.

Give me a break.

February 9, 2009 11:05 am at 11:05 am |
  8. Don't Hate Me Because I'm Beautiful

I can't wait until the RNC splits and goes belly up. They are sacrificing their own base to make sure Obama fails, as their Chief of the RNC Limbaugh states. Their-RNC- behavior is broaching unconstitutional if not criminal. Representatives of the people should not be allowed to let the economy and its people suffer over their own mental setbacks, be they emotional, ego-driven, or racial. They are positioning this as an economic matter, when I and many other voters see clearly that it is purely PERSONAL.

WHEN WILL THE RNC GROW UP?

February 9, 2009 11:05 am at 11:05 am |
  9. Adam

R u kidding me? we are paying people to report abot a bump on the head?

February 9, 2009 11:05 am at 11:05 am |
  10. montag24

Is this really a worthy news item?

February 9, 2009 11:05 am at 11:05 am |
  11. Dont blame me

If his EGO weren't so BIG, Obama wouldn't have bumped his head.

February 9, 2009 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  12. rmdo

Oh Oh....

February 9, 2009 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  13. Katy

Seriously? This is a headline?

Next we'll see, "Obama switches to Honey Nut Cheerios!"

February 9, 2009 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  14. Igor

OMG – where was the secret service to prevent such an attack on the President?

February 9, 2009 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  15. We Are The One

gawd! the audacity of reporting on every minute detail on the president!!!!

February 9, 2009 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  16. Chavella

CNN, why is this a story. Report on something a little more substanial. While you guys are watching everything, the American people are watching you .

February 9, 2009 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  17. Open Your 3rd Eye

CNN-

You have got to be kidding. Really?

February 9, 2009 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  18. 1/20/13

Come on lurch....Cant walk and chew gum at the same time

February 9, 2009 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  19. fred

Obama must be taking lessons from Bush

February 9, 2009 11:06 am at 11:06 am |
  20. SC

Does CNN have anything better to talk about?

February 9, 2009 11:07 am at 11:07 am |
  21. GERRY

boy this is really,really important news. great job for covering it. i can't think of anything else i would like know at this trying time in our country. you all do your jobs so well. congrats

February 9, 2009 11:07 am at 11:07 am |
  22. Jeff

What a moronic/sophomoric story. What does the second N in CNN stand for??

February 9, 2009 11:07 am at 11:07 am |
  23. Zion

Okay, I would even laugh at my mother bumping her head. LOL

February 9, 2009 11:07 am at 11:07 am |
  24. Dean

Are you serious? This is news?

February 9, 2009 11:07 am at 11:07 am |
  25. Happy

Wow, you guys are really on top of the critical news of the day. I can't wait for the six part stubbed toe expose.

February 9, 2009 11:07 am at 11:07 am |